Page 109 of 118 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1757

Thread: Caroline Zhang's 2009-10 season

Down With It
    Sadly, it appears she's all but out of it :(

skating philosopher
    I think Caroline needs to step back and just reflect on what she wants. I think the fact is that skating seems laborious for her. She needs to sit back and remember why she loves it.

I think we all forget that she's just 16. She has another chance in 2014 if she really wants it,.

Custom Title
    It is heartbreaking seeing her looking down and clinging onto that board before taking a seat at the K&C. I just hope she finds joy in skating again.

Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Caroline did not do her pearl spin. She never leaves that out. Her back must still be hurting her really bad. Screw the Olympics, Worlds, and all that. Take some time off and recover. Get well. That's what's important.
    Totally agree. Take care of your health Caroline. I would love to send her
    a message wishing her luck in her LP.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I think we all forget that she's just 16. She has another chance in 2014 if she really wants it,.
    Precisely. It's not over yet. But she has some really big issues with her skating and likewise, big questions coming up over the next cycle. Does she wish to put in the hard work to get to the top? Is she content where she is? (By her reactions after her performances, clearly not.) Or is it time to retire and move onto other things in life?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I think Caroline needs to step back and just reflect on what she wants. I think the fact is that skating seems laborious for her. She needs to sit back and remember why she loves it.

Custom Title
    But she's never really shown that she's loved skating in her competition performances-- only in her exhibitions. Even at 4CC during the freeskate, she only started to enjoy herself and come alive after her jumps were completed. Winning skaters usually skate with joy and their faces show they love the sport. But even while Caroline had a win streak when she was in the JGP and first year seniors she never really even smiled, let alone skated exhuberantly during competition. I felt really bad for her last night, but it had to happen. I hope she takes this as a big wakeup call to get a good ("my way or the high way") coach who can help her. She needs to learn how to love skating her entire competition program.
    Last edited by cornell08; 01-22-2010 at 03:12 PM.

Custom Title
    her score was correct--but as always they overmarked and overllo0k--sasha slow skate-and incorrect landing and incorrect take off--landing combo, takeoff and landing flip=-
    didn't ur alissa fall and ashley when clearly landed incorrect,
    didn't overlook
    rachel landing on combo-all should have had -1 in pc not plus 1 and plus 2'2
    they are r-part of r is the fact they they majority group allows the majority to screw up /overlook mistakes and give them high scores in tech and pc's
    but forcing ethnic skater to skate perfect and not overlooking their mistkes.
    sorry but that is what happed.
    just zhang score was correct-but top 5 was overmarked by 5 points miminumin

Custom Title
    also too many junior an dnovice skaters are better than her.so her conitnuinng on is a long shot-they are going to purposely look for her miskaters while overlooking others--especially tom's skaters --why

Cute NBCOlympics video of athletes talking about their pets - includes Caroline talking about Toffee: http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/[color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color]...57f99069d.html

Custom Title
    I think Caroline should try to find a partner and do pairs, then she wouldn't have to jump so much but she could still skate and be good. For some reason I think she would look nice skating with a guy haha.

Custom Title
    This sport, the short program especially, can be the cruelest.

Hope she heals her body, and that the heart and mind then follow.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I think Caroline should try to find a partner and do pairs, then she wouldn't have to jump so much but she could still skate and be good. For some reason I think she would look nice skating with a guy haha.
    Maybe. She is a little tall now for pairs, but she seems very light. Honestly though, For pairs you need jumps that can match your partners and she will have to skate with a 10 year old boy for double axels that match hers. I can't really see her standing up on those triple throws either. Her technique is not really strong enough for dance, and that would be pretty much starting from scratch.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Maybe. She is a little tall now for pairs, but she seems very light. Honestly though, For pairs you need jumps that can match your partners and she will have to skate with a 10 year old boy for double axels that match hers. I can't really see her standing up on those triple throws either. Her technique is not really strong enough for dance, and that would be pretty much starting from scratch.
    Maybe. Caroline seems pretty strong though, and Amanda Dobbs does pairs and she's 5'5" which is taller than Caroline! Idk it just seems like in pairs you don't need to do as many jumps to be good. Caro has a good 3sal so that could be the side by side jump she does. Like I said it was just something I thought of.

Custom Title
    At this point, it would be easy to think that Caroline is finished with skating, but that's the way it always looks after a bad performance. We know she was hit with several injuries in a short period of time, which messed up her training. She is still hurt because she could not do her pearl spin.

The best thing for her to do is finish the competition, then take the rest of the season off to heal up and get back into training. I just have a bad feeling that somebody is pushing Caroline into these events when she is not ready.

Page 109 of 118 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 LastLast