Page 112 of 118 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1757

Thread: Caroline Zhang's 2009-10 season

Custom Title
    11th place at nationals, that has got to be tough to swallow. I didn't really realize until I saw her on TV tonight just how much Caroline's body has changed. She is beautiful but the fact is she just isn't a little girl anymore, she doesn't look like one and she can't keep acting like one either. What worked for her when she was 4'9" and 70 pounds isn't going to work now that she's 5'4" and probably 110. Mirai grew up a lot this year and showed us she can handle things with maturity, I believe Caroline could do the same if she is willing to find a new coach, re-work her jumps, get rid of the bad attitude, and practice according to her coach's rules and not her own.

I almost feel even worse for Alissa because she did the exact same thing in 2006 but this time her placement was even worse. Yesterday, it was the nerves, today, it just seemed like she had lost confidence and given up. She and Caroline both had freeskate scores in the 80s, at nationals, I can only image how upset they both must be.

Super excited for Mirai and Christina, who I thought were awesome tonight! Did people know that two years ago Christina finished last in the novice event? And now she's 5th in seniors! She just keeps getting better, also watching her today in that blue dress doing the great 3-3 and 3-2-2, I couldn't help but think of junior Yuna. I actually think Christina maybe has the potential to become THAT good. Mirai already is amazing and should have won!

Custom Title
    Caroline was named to the Four Continents team.

http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story...109&type=media

I'm not sure this is good news. If she is still injured, she should stay home.

Custom Title
    I really hope she stays home and treats herself to the spa or something. However, I agree with her statement that she's glad its over, poor kid. I'm looking forward to her fresh new start. Wonder what coach she will go to...Still though, I'm sure its nice for Caroline to be nominated to 4CC. Goodness knows she could use the confidence booster.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Super excited for Mirai and Christina, who I thought were awesome tonight! Did people know that two years ago Christina finished last in the novice event? And now she's 5th in seniors! She just keeps getting better, also watching her today in that blue dress doing the great 3-3 and 3-2-2, I couldn't help but think of junior Yuna. I actually think Christina maybe has the potential to become THAT good. Mirai already is amazing and should have won!
    I think Scott Hamilton's line about "its amazing what strong basics can do for you to skyrocket in this sport" (paraphrased) really hits the nail on the head.

If she asks Charlene again,
    I will say Caroline can not get away from the Chinese connection.
    as Charlene's last name is "Wong."

Honestly, I wish she could seek LULU.

Custom Title
    I am not sure I understand why Caroline must have a Chinese coach. I don't think Michelle or Bebe ever had a Chinese coach.

OT, but Bebe really rocked it last night!

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    OT, but Bebe really rocked it last night!
    She did much better than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    She did much better than I expected.
    She did. I was surprised she was not named to the 4CC team.

Quote Originally Posted by Skatetomusic View Post
    {B]Honestly, I wish she could seek LULU.[/B]
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    I am not sure I understand why Caroline must have a Chinese coach.
    Wait. What? Am I missing something here? Who said that she said that she "has to" have a Chinese coach?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    She did. I was surprised she was not named to the 4CC team.

Bebe was not on the list of 8 ladies candidates for 4CC that the USFS were required to submit to ISU some time ago, well before Nationals. Either she had already told them she wasn't interested (USFS apparently did make inquries of the skaters beforehand), or they did not think she would do as well as she did and thus didn't consider her for 4CC.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skatetomusic View Post

Honestly, I wish she could seek LULU.
    LuLu lives in China, would she go there to train, you think?

Custom Title
    I feel bad for Caroline because I think if she sticks with it (i.e. skating) she could improve her speed & technique. But OTOH, it's hard to break something that's been inherent since you were a child first skating. But I hope she tries.

That said, her entire demeanor suggests to me that she won't make it to the next Olympiad. She reminds me too much of Ann Patrice McDonough & her situation (with her mother as well). JMHO.

It doesn't help that Caroline seems to just give up, have a defeatist attitude, which was especially evident in her sitting down the 3R jump.

Still, what a beautiful skater she is, I totally enjoyed her "Nutcracker" routine at TEB.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    It doesn't help that Caroline seems to just give up, have a defeatist attitude, which was especially evident in her sitting down the 3R jump.
    I don't see a defeatist attitude. She is obviously still hurt, and she went out there and gave it her all. She is just one of those skaters who can't be bubbly and perky when she is skating poorly. Skating poorly just devistates her. Maybe that is a good thing.

I am not sure skating in the Four Continents is a good idea.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    I don't see a defeatist attitude. She is obviously still hurt, and she went out there and gave it her all. She is just one of those skaters who can't be bubbly and perky when she is skating poorly. Skating poorly just devistates her. Maybe that is a good thing.

I am not sure skating in the Four Continents is a good idea.
    And the funny thing about her Nationals LP is that she seemed to get more confident towards the end of the program.

I guess Caroline might be the exception to the rule - some skaters get tired towards the end, but she gets energized!

Custom Title
    Starting orders are up.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/fc2010/SEG003.HTM

Caroline is in the next to last group, second after the warm-up.

Rock the house, CZ!!!!

Page 112 of 118 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 LastLast