Caroline Zhang's 2009-10 season | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Caroline Zhang's 2009-10 season

Andalusia

Final Flight
I think Carolina Kostner should skate to "Nothing could be finah than to be with Carolina in the m-o-o-r-ning." ♫♪

My dad just bought a Glen Campbell box set, and I love his version of "Mary in the Morning". ;)

And thanks for the link, HCOSurfer. :) I'm kind of meh on the song, but it's good to see Miki let loose a little.

I think it's time to follow the example of the Plushenko thread and derail this one as well, just so we can keep it alive until Monday. :laugh:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
............. but I have a feeling she is going to keep toying around with us.:laugh:

Well, she will keep toying around with YOU. I'm really not that concerned with who her new coach is. All I really care about is that the new coach fixes her edge problems, strengthens her jumps and speeds her up a little.

Wouldn't it be funny if she isn't really changing coaches at all? :laugh:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Caroline tweeted that she is "in Colorado Springs"
other people on twitter are saying that her split with Li is official, but she herself has not confirmed it.

feraina

Record Breaker
Oh, I remember the story of Caroline Kennedy behind the song "Sweet Caroline." Haha, that'd be pretty cool for her to skate to!

janetfan

Match Penalty
Oh, I remember the story of Caroline Kennedy behind the song "Sweet Caroline." Haha, that'd be pretty cool for her to skate to!

Hmmm - did Michelle ever skate to the Beatles classic "Michelle"
I like the old James Taylor song "Carolina In My Mind" but Carolina is not Caroline
and he mentions in the song "Karen she's a silver sun" ,,,,,,,,
so I "86" that song or give it to Caro - hey mathman it's better than "Carolina in the Morning" :)
Waitng for some news - but maybe it won't come until Monday now.

Hmmm - did Michelle ever skate to the Beatles classic "Michelle."

I read somewhere (Christine Brennan's book?) that the Beatles' song is where Michelle's parents got her American name from. (Michelle's Chinese name: Guan Ying-shan.)

Last edited:
L

LKR722

Well, she will keep toying around with YOU. I'm really not that concerned with who her new coach is. All I really care about is that the new coach fixes her edge problems, strengthens her jumps and speeds her up a little.

Wouldn't it be funny if she isn't really changing coaches at all? :laugh:

I feel the same way. Hence the reason I am concerned with who her new coach is.;)

janetfan

Match Penalty
What do they say sometimes, "No news is good news."
With Caroline it appears that "No news is no news" :)

Maybe Michelle could have skated to a medley of Beatles songs and included "Michelle." I bet the crowd would have loved it!

QB2

Spectator
Hmm, I asked Caroline about the coaching change, and she was being coy. I said Charlene Wong made Mirai fast, and she agreed. Personally I think gaining speed should be Caroline's number 1 priority (as a point-getter). If Charlene can help her with that, then that would be good. Charlene was also pretty good about politiking and giving supportive interviews for Mirai. These are the good points, and the rest I was not impressed much with (program choices, a mature style of skating, under-rotation problems...).

However, Caroline and her sister are talking as if Caroline's going to move away, and that doesn't fit with going to Charlene. However, just with the crumbs of hints Caroline let spill, it sounds like she's trying to decide between an LA coach and an out-of-state coach, and the final choice might be between Charlene Wong and Don Laws.

Why does all the speculation revolve around Don Laws? Even if Florida is the training site other options are obvious. The main issue is she is happy with the change.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
wishful thinking for some (like me)... Don Laws is pretty cool in my book.

QB2

Spectator
...but Tara's coach, Shizuka's coach and Kimmie's coach doesn't even get a mention?

janetfan

Match Penalty
Why does all the speculation revolve around Don Laws? Even if Florida is the training site other options are obvious. The main issue is she is happy with the change.

Not all of the speculation has centered on Don Laws - and a bunch of different coaches have beeen mentioned. Even Michelle was mentioned as a possibility.
Certain posters here have some contact with Caroline, are more familiar with her and are only suggesting who they would like to see Caroline train with.
There are many coaches who have not been mentioned but I don't think it is any type of slight to them.
Many like Don Laws, they like his skaters and his familiarity with CoP.
There are many Princess Caroline fans at GS and that is why there is so much activity on this topic.
(Soon seniorita will be converted and will present us with documented proof of Caroline's golden skating ;))

Last edited:
L

LKR722

How about Sarah's coach?

She (Robin Wagner) was given a six-month suspension from the PSA due to allegedly soliciting a skater. I'm not sure if this allegation is true, it was mentioned in some of the rumblings about the incident. She may still be able to coach, but it won't look good. I don't think Caroline would go to her anyways.

Sorry, my original post should have been phrased better.

Last edited:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
She (Robin Wagner) was given a six-month suspension from the PSA due to soliciting a skater.
Picky point: The specific reason or circumstances for Wagner's 6-month suspension was never officially announced or published, and so I would have included "allegedly" in your sentence since it technically is hearsay information.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
This is certainly not meant to be an official announcement or anything like it, but I have heard that Charlene Wong has been sighted at Champs Champ, and so you can draw your own conclusions...