Page 18 of 118 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Caroline Zhang's 2009-10 season

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by QB2 View Post
    ...but Tara's coach, Shizuka's coach and Kimmie's coach doesn't even get a mention?
    How about Sarah's coach?

Quote Originally Posted by QB2 View Post
    Why does all the speculation revolve around Don Laws? Even if Florida is the training site other options are obvious. The main issue is she is happy with the change.
    Not all of the speculation has centered on Don Laws - and a bunch of different coaches have beeen mentioned. Even Michelle was mentioned as a possibility.
    Certain posters here have some contact with Caroline, are more familiar with her and are only suggesting who they would like to see Caroline train with.
    There are many coaches who have not been mentioned but I don't think it is any type of slight to them.
    Many like Don Laws, they like his skaters and his familiarity with CoP.
    There are many Princess Caroline fans at GS and that is why there is so much activity on this topic.
    (Soon seniorita will be converted and will present us with documented proof of Caroline's golden skating )
    Last edited by janetfan; 06-13-2009 at 02:35 PM.

LKR722
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    How about Sarah's coach?
    She (Robin Wagner) was given a six-month suspension from the PSA due to allegedly soliciting a skater. I'm not sure if this allegation is true, it was mentioned in some of the rumblings about the incident. She may still be able to coach, but it won't look good. I don't think Caroline would go to her anyways.

Sorry, my original post should have been phrased better.
    Last edited by LKR722; 06-13-2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Sylvia is correct; what I heard was hearsay

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LKR722 View Post
    She (Robin Wagner) was given a six-month suspension from the PSA due to soliciting a skater.
    Picky point: The specific reason or circumstances for Wagner's 6-month suspension was never officially announced or published, and so I would have included "allegedly" in your sentence since it technically is hearsay information.

Custom Title
    This is certainly not meant to be an official announcement or anything like it, but I have heard that Charlene Wong has been sighted at Champs Champ, and so you can draw your own conclusions...

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    This is certainly not meant to be an official announcement or anything like it, but I have heard that Charlene Wong has been sighted at Champs Champ, and so you can draw your own conclusions...
    which brings up a valid point: do skaters' coaches also attend this camp? I thought it was the skaters only.

LKR722
    Picky point: The specific reason or circumstances for Wagner's 6-month suspension was never officially announced or published, and so I would have included "allegedly" in your sentence since it technically is hearsay information.
    You are correct. I edited my post to phrase it more appropriately. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    which brings up a valid point: do skaters' coaches also attend this camp? I thought it was the skaters only.
    I have no idea what the rules about coaches attending this camp might be. But with all of the good young skaters there it certainly makes sense that coaches would be there - or close by - especially if interviews have been pre-arranged.

Custom Title
    All the skaters are required to have a coach attend Champs Camp with them.

Custom Title
    Thanks.

I'm almost 100% sure Caroline's new coach will be Charlene.

Don Laws entered the discussion because of the rumour that Caroline might be headed to Florida, but I seriously doubted she would move that far away anyways. Don Laws doesn't seem to be doing much coaching these days, too; I wouldn't be surprised if Patrick Chan is his only student. He probably took Patrick on because Patrick used to be Osborne Colson's ward. If Caroline were headed to Florida, it's far more likely she would go to someone like Richard Callaghan, who seems to be more of a full-time active coach.

So, C+C. I'm disappointed, to be honest. I know it's not fair to Charlene, but I can't help feeling that Caroline is receiving a hand-me-down.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I am. Charlene is not coaching any of the other skaters there that I know of. either Caroline is working with her now of she is still representing Mirai. Mirai will not offically start with Frank until the 14th and Frank has been at the Toyota Center all week. So if everybody is required to have a coach there....

Don worked with Michael Weiss for a time, and I think he still consults with him from time to time... He's supposedly expressed interest/support in Keegan Messing, too. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I am. Charlene is not coaching any of the other skaters there that I know of. either Caroline is working with her now of she is still representing Mirai. Mirai will not offically start with Frank until the 14th and Frank has been at the Toyota Center all week. So if everybody is required to have a coach there....
    Hum, so Charlene could be there to represent Mirai as her last official duty?

I don't know, I hope it's not Charlene. But if it is, then I still wish Caroline & Charlene the best of luck and a very successful season.

Down With It
    All the skaters are required to have a coach attend Champs Camp with them.
    Ok thanks.

Custom Title
    Frank Carroll has been sighted at Champs Camp as well (coaches were scheduled to arrive on Friday, I believe).

Page 18 of 118 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 68 ... LastLast