Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Caroline Zhang's 2009-10 season

Rinkside
    Thanks, janetfan. I can't wait to see Caroline too! Yay Caroline!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Go Caroline, show them all how it's done!
    Precious mini-Olympic warm-up that is!

Custom Title
    Why is it Caroline gets about 50 notes a day on this board ................

................. and one note per week on her own fan page?

Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Why is it Caroline gets about 50 notes a day on this board ................

................. and one note per week on her own fan page?

Maybe because her fans have a broader interest in skating and are not like the "botfans" of several other skaters. And she is still so young. How much general news is there about her?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Maybe because her fans have a broader interest in skating and are not like the "botfans" of several other skaters. And she is still so young. How much general news is there about her?
    Actually, very little. She is really not yet a main stream celebrity. But I think that will change after next season.

LKR722
    Someone mentioned over on FSU that there was mention of the possibility that Caroline might be skating to "Zigeunerweisen" by Sarasate for her SP over "here" at Golden Skate. I've been looking through the music threads and can't find any mention of it. Does anyone know what thread here it was mentioned, if indeed that poster was correct?

Edit: Sorry, I found it in the thread for what music Caroline should skate too. I used the search function. Silly me, I should have done that first before posting. Anyways, I'm rooting for Caroline to take one of the two spots available on our Olympic team. I'm a big fan of her skating.
    Last edited by LKR722; 06-03-2009 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Actually, very little. She is really not yet a main stream celebrity. But I think that will change after next season.
    I think it will, too. I expect her to make the Olympic team (along with Rachael), and challenge for the podium. She has a star quality both on and off the ice that -- with a little Olympic exposure -- will draw reporters and photographers like bees to honey.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Hmm. I'm not quite so sure. She HAD a star quality as a junior. It hasn't always translated to seniors, IMO. I hope it will.

Well, I think she still does spellbinding, magical exhibitions. I enjoy watching them so much. Like "Lullaby for a Stormy Night" at TEB last year:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i4RpKDYqrg

I think she does have an inner star quality that's going to shine through in her skating sooner or later, as she develops into a more mature person and skater. I think she has an inner diva waiting to burst out once she gets over her shy, angsty teenage phase. Just as long as her skating career isn't derailed by bad injuries or something (knock wood). I am hopeful that she will have her own "salome" breakthrough season soon -- like, this season would be nice!

I'm dying to know what her new programs are. She said she will probably be at Golden West again this summer, yay! I can't wait to see her skate.

Caroline is now on twitter. You can follow her here:
    http://twitter.com/CarolineZhang

LKR722
    Thanks for letting us know, feraina. I'm following her now. I have really enjoyed following tweets from Kimmie Meissner(She is so nice, she replies to everyone), Tanith Belbin, and Johnny. Figure Skating Online is also nice to follow, sending out little news tweets on their skaters.

Custom Title
    I guess I'm another in the minority...Caroline has impressed me a lot these past two seasons. I thought her LP at Nationals both this year and last was special. She's also given some mesmerizing exhibitions.

Quote Originally Posted by MKFSfan View Post
    I guess I'm another in the minority...Caroline has impressed me a lot these past two seasons. I thought her LP at Nationals both this year and last was special. She's also given some mesmerizing exhibitions.

I am not sure if you are in the minority. Mention Caroline at this board and it lights up pretty good.
    I like skaters that have unique qualities and a special grace. Someone here said to have "it" you must be totally "mesmorized." That would be me when I watch Princess Caroline skate.
    Geez - I am just dying already to see Caroline's new programs and to see her skate this season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Caroline is now on twitter. You can follow her here:
    http://twitter.com/CarolineZhang
    Ooh, cool! I'm bookmarking it, stat. Are you sure it's real, feraina?

I figure Caroline must have something. You have people talking as if she carries a power drill with her out onto the ice, and yet her YouTube videos get gazillions of hits and threads featuring her are usually quite popular. That's more than the other American newbies on both counts, I'll bet.

And Caroline diva-ish? Oh my, certainly, but not in a stand-offish way. It's more muted now that she's maturing and getting slightly beaten down in the results, but once she overcomes both obstacles, Sasha, move aside!

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusia View Post
    Ooh, cool! I'm bookmarking it, stat. Are you sure it's real, feraina?
    Yup, yup, it's her.

And Caroline diva-ish? Oh my, certainly, but not in a stand-offish way. It's more muted now that she's maturing and getting slightly beaten down in the results, but once she overcomes both obstacles, Sasha, move aside!
    Diva-ish in a totally awesome way, of course. We need a diva in US skating. Sasha won't last past this season in any case.

Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 104 ... LastLast