Caroline Zhang's 2009-10 season | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Caroline Zhang's 2009-10 season

Aside, but if they don't like Caroline, whom do they like? I wouldn't have thought Rachael would be a favorite over there, and Ashley hasn't quite hit her stride yet.

(Please don't tell me to go over and see for myself - they're too nasty over there! :laugh:)

Medusa

Record Breaker
I'm afraid of that, too. :no: They can be so mean to Caroline over there.

Here's hoping she's thick-skinned.
They are mean to everyone over there. That's why I only read and don't write, I don't even have an account so that I won't start picking fights with people I don't agree with (which is a thing I tend to do). Pure self-preservation.

Has anyone told Zhang about this nice forum?

OT, but it's a good moment to acknowledge our great moderators who KEEP this the courteous forum that it is. (I'm afraid it doesn't come naturally - the human heart being what it is....) :rock:

feraina

Record Breaker
They are mean to everyone over there. That's why I only read and don't write, I don't even have an account so that I won't start picking fights with people I don't agree with (which is a thing I tend to do). Pure self-preservation.

Yeah, they are mean to almost everyone. Except for Fedor Andreev and Gimazetdinova -- skaters who are so much below the radar that people don't feel like it's worth their time kicking them under the belt. :p

HCOSurfer

Final Flight

ITA, I used to post there until I realized how rude some of the posters were.

Oh and about Zhang posting, I've always wondered if there were some skaters "in disguise" that post here.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Some posters can be rude over at FSU, but most of them are pretty decent. I can usually avoid getting into arguments. The biggest difference between there and here is that Goldenskate seems to be mostly American, while FSU is more international. There are posters from all over the world, with a lot of Canadian posters.

Does Caroline read posts on this forum? I would be surprised if she did not.

Andalusia

Final Flight

I'd mention GS to her on Twitter, but not so soon. Don't want to come across as stalker-ish. :laugh: She's probably in the dark about this forum if she has no clue what FSU is.

Oooh, Lori again? Whatever happened to the program that Kawahara did for her?

Sarah Kawahara choreographed a program for Caroline? Wow, this is the first I've heard of it. Can you share the details, please?

I'd love it if she would work with Kawahara, too. All skaters should work with a variety of choreographers, IMO - it may help to bring out different styles in them.

Okami

On the Ice

I totally agree with you, Medusa. :laugh:

A shame, because there are also many nice and helpful posters. I wish there was an option to put the moderators on ignore (I think you will know who I'm talking about). ;) And I wish that there was an option to make a person who was put on ignore by many users automatically banned. :biggrin:

I still can't stop myself from posting occassionally. :laugh:

I can't wait to see Caroline's new programs. I think that Lori is a talented choreographer and has a potential to put up a very good program. The problem is that she is choreographing for so many skaters that she can't help but rehash ideas. I also noticed that she work better with those skaters who have been with her for some time, while those who went to her for choreo recently often end up with programs that don't match their style well.

fliptart

Rinkside
Wow, she's very active on her twitter!

So, it seems. She's beginning to like Twitter.

Anyway, I was thinking about Yuna earlier, and I came upon this line of thought:

Miki Ando won JW in 2004, and won WC in 2007
Mao Asada won JW in 2005, and won WC in 2008
Yuna Kim won JW in 2006, and won WC this year.

...You know where my argument goes, maybe Caroline will win WC next year. :love:

P.S. For those of you who have difficulty in using Twitter, I suggest Plurk.com. It's much easier to use than Twitter, and much fun to personalize.

feraina

Record Breaker
...You know where my argument goes, maybe Caroline will win WC next year. :love:

Not entirely impossible! I think if Mao wins gold, Yu-na wins silver, Joannie wins bronze, it might happen that all three of them will retire. And then it will be a chance for the youngsters to shine on the Worlds stage. Like Kimmie post-Torino. :)

fliptart

Rinkside
Yeah, you're right. All of a sudden, Kimmie wins WC after a sixth(?) place finish in the Olympics, even though Sasha is competing.

I really believe in Caroline's guts. Her skating maybe not entirely mature yet, but her attitude and mindset certainly is. She knows her flaws and she's trying to address them properly. What an athelete.

Alicja

On the Ice
So, we have our next three World Champions determined yet: 2010 Caroline, 2011 Rachael and 2012 Alena.... :p
All I can say is that I wouldn't mind :)

Andalusia

Final Flight
Sarah Kawahara choreographed a program for Caroline? Wow, this is the first I've heard of it. Can you share the details, please?

I'd love it if she would work with Kawahara, too. All skaters should work with a variety of choreographers, IMO - it may help to bring out different styles in them.

To answer my own question, it's mentioned in this recent article on Sarah that she choreographed a program for Caroline:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090604&content_id=5141644&vkey=ice_news

With her credentials, I'm sure hiring Sarah must have cost quite a lot. Seems like such a waste for Caroline not to use the program. I would've loved to have seen it - what Caroline does without Lori ('Spanish Gypsy') has much more flair than what she does with her. Also, unlike most, I loved what Sarah did with Michelle's 'Scheherazade' LP.

As an aside, Sarah is described as Michelle's coach in the trivia section of 'Blades of Glory' on IMDB: :laugh:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445934/trivia

LeCygne

Final Flight
To answer my own question, it's mentioned in this recent article on Sarah that she choreographed a program for Caroline:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090604&content_id=5141644&vkey=ice_news

With her credentials, I'm sure hiring Sarah must have cost quite a lot. Seems like such a waste for Caroline not to use the program. I would've loved to have seen it - what Caroline does without Lori ('Spanish Gypsy') has much more flair than what she does with her. Also, unlike most, I loved what Sarah did with Michelle's 'Scheherazade' LP.

Yeah, so I was kinda hoping someone could ask her about it on Twitter. :p Since she seems pretty responsive.

feraina

Record Breaker
]With her credentials, I'm sure hiring Sarah must have cost quite a lot. Seems like such a waste for Caroline not to use the program.

Hmm, Caroline said back in March that she was already getting her programs, but that she didn't like what she had.

R.D.

Record Breaker
In order for Zhang to have a shot at winning worlds, Yuna AND Mao have to retire after OLYs (or skip the comp). It's possible that if she's on and some of the others have an off-day, that the aforementioned scenario could very well play out.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Aside, but if they don't like Caroline, whom do they like? I wouldn't have thought Rachael would be a favorite over there, and Ashley hasn't quite hit her stride yet.

(Please don't tell me to go over and see for myself - they're too nasty over there! :laugh:)

It's not that bad. In fact, a lot of it is funny.

The posters here aren't necessarily nice to some skaters, either. There's no perfect spot :biggrin: