Caroline Zhang's 2009-10 season | Page 54 | Golden Skate

Caroline Zhang's 2009-10 season

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Good luck, Caroline. We know you will do your best. :rock:

And I hope skating in the Final doesn't interfere with your Christmas shopping. ;)

feraina

Record Breaker
So, Caroline safely arrived in Paris this morning. I'm glad that she got there a couple days early to get over the jetlag and acclimate!

Good luck, Caroline! :rock:

feraina

Record Breaker
:confused: but isn't that to be expected, anyway?

Expected, maybe, but not hoped for. Young kids usually have less trouble sleeping when they travel than adults, but she's getting older... It seems she didn't go very well prepared for the jetlag. Not too many hours left before the SP, she needs all the sleep she can get!

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
It sounds like you can read Caroline's Twitter page. Does she say if she has recovered from her injury? Did she have time to train?

feraina

Record Breaker
No, she hasn't twittered in a very long time. After those crazy posters (same one with multiple usernames?) gave her a hard time for something completely trivial, I can't even remember what now, she twittered less and less, and now for a long time nothing. :(
But she updates FB regularly, and she also responds to my personal messages.

I don't know what her injury/training situation is like. From her latest pictures, it *looks* like she's fitter/stronger, but pictures may not say a whole lot.

ETA: on a side note, Charlene Wong and Caroline seem to be on very good times, Charlene writes nice messages on Caroline's FB page, and is offering her advice for sleeping, too. Personally I hope that she's fallen asleep by now, it's 6 AM in Paris. She was still awake at 4 AM!

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
No, she hasn't twittered in a very long time. After those crazy posters (same one with multiple usernames?) gave her a hard time for something completely trivial, I can't even remember what now, she twittered less and less, and now for a long time nothing. :(

Unbelievable. :mad: I'm still angry about that. Such ado about nothing- freaking NOTHING at all and now look. Oh well, nothing I could do, argh.

feraina

Record Breaker
Oh, dear, 7:15 in Paris and she's still trying to fall asleep. :banging:

I'm periodically insomniac and suffer especially from jetlag, so I totally sympathize with her situation.

I told her about antihistamine and a meditation exercise (imagining relaxing every part of your body one by one). Anyone else got a good idea for falling asleep quickly, as in NOW?!

ETA: luckily both ladies SP (6:40 PM) and LP (6:30 PM) are pretty late on Friday & Saturday. But the practices are early in the morning... Maybe she can take naps between the practice and the competition during the day. Oh, boy. I'm so nervous for her.

ETA2: On second thought, I hope she doesn't nap today, it's better to stay awake and fall asleep for a good night's sleep tonight (Thursday), and then she'll be ready for Friday's SP. I think I'm more nervous than her...

Official practice/competition schedule is here:
http://www.ffsg.org/evenements/documents/bompard09/SCHEDULE 09.pdf

She says she's off to a practice soon, so it must be an unofficial one.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
ETA: luckily both ladies SP (6:40 PM) and LP (6:30 PM) are pretty late on Friday & Saturday. But the practices are early in the morning... Maybe she can take naps between the practice and the competition during the day. Oh, boy. I'm so nervous for her.

I fear that she has bigger problems than jet lag which almost all the skaters will be dealing with to some degree. I don't see this event being very bright for her, but I know she will try her hardest and hopefully everything will work out by January.

feraina

Record Breaker
I fear that she has bigger problems than jet lag which almost all the skaters will be dealing with to some degree. I don't see this event being very bright for her, but I know she will try her hardest and hopefully everything will work out by January.

You mean nerves?

I know that the smallest thing can throw off my sleep. If there's anything of any import the next morning, I end up staying wide awake all night!

So I could never have been a competitive figure skater. :p Though I didn't develop any insomnia until I turned 25, so maybe it would've been okay since most female skaters retire before than anyway. :biggrin:

Andalusia

Final Flight
But she updates FB regularly, and she also responds to my personal messages.

This still pisses me off to no end. Those idiots - I've a pretty good idea of who they are, too, both on this board and elsewhere. Then again, it might just be a single demented person posting under multiple names to Caroline on Twitter. Sicko probably wants her to think that multitudes can't stand her attitude.

I can totally empathize with Caroline on being an insomniac, too! The slightest niggling thing can keep me up all night, so I can't imagine what an impending skating competition which might end up determining whether I'll make the Olympic team would do to me! :laugh: You can barely think coherently if you're too groggy, let alone undergo strenuous physical exertion, so I hope Caroline isn't too affected by her lack of sleep.

It looks like everyone's written off Caroline for this competition - she's mostly last (or close to last) on prediction lists or not on them at all. Let's hope Caroline proves her mettle, as she has done time and time again!

Go, Caroline, Mao, and Elene! :rock:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Is it really healthy as a fan to be obsessing this much over a skaters sleeping pattern when they've just done one of the hardest trips (time zone wise) and are jet lagged? ;)

Ant

feraina

Record Breaker
Is it really healthy as a fan to be obsessing this much over a skaters sleeping pattern when they've just done one of the hardest trips (time zone wise) and are jet lagged? ;)

Oh no, of course it's not healthy. But, fanhood is often unhealthy, isn't it? :p