Page 6 of 118 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Caroline Zhang's 2009-10 season

LKR722
    I think the music is a great choice for her short program. I can't wait to hear her music selection for long program.

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusia View Post
    Tom Dickson choreographed Caroline's 'Spanish Gypsy' SP the season before last. That's her best SP ever, IMO.
    I also wish she'd go back to Tom. If she wants to keep Lori, have her do just 1 of her programs then.
    And I had no idea Dickson choreographed that SP for Yu-Na. I thought she had been working with David Wilson since the very beginning.
    I didn't realize Dickson had done "Spanish Gypsy" for Caroline. No wonder I liked it so much
    Yuna has had mostly Wilson for last few seasons, but I think "Roxanne was from her last year as a junior and she carried it over into her first senior year.

Wow, she's very active on her twitter!

So, Lori Nichols for both programs again. *sigh* Wish she'd go back to Tom Dickson, who did a great Spanish Gypsy SP for her. That might have been a little hard for her to skate to, but she had great success with it (coming in 2nd at GPF behind Yu-na after the SP, remember?).

Funny she's following the "fake" Michelle, but maybe she knows the person who's trying to fake it? Maybe she's in on the joke?

Oh, God, I hope she's not wasting her time reading FSU, or, worse, getting upset by some of the stupider/ruder things people say there.
    Last edited by feraina; 06-05-2009 at 03:37 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Oh, God, I hope she's not wasting her time reading FSU, or, worse, getting upset by some of the stupider/ruder things people say there.
    I'm afraid of that, too. They can be so mean to Caroline over there.

Here's hoping she's thick-skinned.

Don't worry - it's Natl Donut Day and she is heading to Crispy Creme

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Aside, but if they don't like Caroline, whom do they like? I wouldn't have thought Rachael would be a favorite over there, and Ashley hasn't quite hit her stride yet.

(Please don't tell me to go over and see for myself - they're too nasty over there! )

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusia View Post
    I'm afraid of that, too. They can be so mean to Caroline over there.

Here's hoping she's thick-skinned.
    They are mean to everyone over there. That's why I only read and don't write, I don't even have an account so that I won't start picking fights with people I don't agree with (which is a thing I tend to do). Pure self-preservation.

Has anyone told Zhang about this nice forum?

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    OT, but it's a good moment to acknowledge our great moderators who KEEP this the courteous forum that it is. (I'm afraid it doesn't come naturally - the human heart being what it is....)

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    They are mean to everyone over there. That's why I only read and don't write, I don't even have an account so that I won't start picking fights with people I don't agree with (which is a thing I tend to do). Pure self-preservation.

Yeah, they are mean to almost everyone. Except for Fedor Andreev and Gimazetdinova -- skaters who are so much below the radar that people don't feel like it's worth their time kicking them under the belt.

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan

ITA, I used to post there until I realized how rude some of the posters were.

Oh and about Zhang posting, I've always wondered if there were some skaters "in disguise" that post here.

Oooh, Lori again? Whatever happened to the program that Kawahara did for her?

Custom Title
    Some posters can be rude over at FSU, but most of them are pretty decent. I can usually avoid getting into arguments. The biggest difference between there and here is that Goldenskate seems to be mostly American, while FSU is more international. There are posters from all over the world, with a lot of Canadian posters.

Does Caroline read posts on this forum? I would be surprised if she did not.

Custom Title

I'd mention GS to her on Twitter, but not so soon. Don't want to come across as stalker-ish. She's probably in the dark about this forum if she has no clue what FSU is.

Quote Originally Posted by LeCygne View Post
    Oooh, Lori again? Whatever happened to the program that Kawahara did for her?
    Sarah Kawahara choreographed a program for Caroline? Wow, this is the first I've heard of it. Can you share the details, please?

I'd love it if she would work with Kawahara, too. All skaters should work with a variety of choreographers, IMO - it may help to bring out different styles in them.

/(^.^)/\(^.^)\
    I totally agree with you, Medusa.

A shame, because there are also many nice and helpful posters. I wish there was an option to put the moderators on ignore (I think you will know who I'm talking about). And I wish that there was an option to make a person who was put on ignore by many users automatically banned.

I still can't stop myself from posting occassionally.

I can't wait to see Caroline's new programs. I think that Lori is a talented choreographer and has a potential to put up a very good program. The problem is that she is choreographing for so many skaters that she can't help but rehash ideas. I also noticed that she work better with those skaters who have been with her for some time, while those who went to her for choreo recently often end up with programs that don't match their style well.

Rinkside
    So, it seems. She's beginning to like Twitter.

Anyway, I was thinking about Yuna earlier, and I came upon this line of thought:

Miki Ando won JW in 2004, and won WC in 2007
    Mao Asada won JW in 2005, and won WC in 2008
    Yuna Kim won JW in 2006, and won WC this year.

...You know where my argument goes, maybe Caroline will win WC next year.

P.S. For those of you who have difficulty in using Twitter, I suggest Plurk.com. It's much easier to use than Twitter, and much fun to personalize.

Page 6 of 118 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 106 ... LastLast