Page 7 of 118 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Caroline Zhang's 2009-10 season

Quote Originally Posted by fliptart View Post
    ...You know where my argument goes, maybe Caroline will win WC next year.
    Not entirely impossible! I think if Mao wins gold, Yu-na wins silver, Joannie wins bronze, it might happen that all three of them will retire. And then it will be a chance for the youngsters to shine on the Worlds stage. Like Kimmie post-Torino.

Rinkside
    Yeah, you're right. All of a sudden, Kimmie wins WC after a sixth(?) place finish in the Olympics, even though Sasha is competing.

I really believe in Caroline's guts. Her skating maybe not entirely mature yet, but her attitude and mindset certainly is. She knows her flaws and she's trying to address them properly. What an athelete.

Custom Title
    practising Smetana's Macbeth and the Witches...
    So, we have our next three World Champions determined yet: 2010 Caroline, 2011 Rachael and 2012 Alena....
    All I can say is that I wouldn't mind

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusia View Post
    Sarah Kawahara choreographed a program for Caroline? Wow, this is the first I've heard of it. Can you share the details, please?

I'd love it if she would work with Kawahara, too. All skaters should work with a variety of choreographers, IMO - it may help to bring out different styles in them.
    To answer my own question, it's mentioned in this recent article on Sarah that she choreographed a program for Caroline:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

With her credentials, I'm sure hiring Sarah must have cost quite a lot. Seems like such a waste for Caroline not to use the program. I would've loved to have seen it - what Caroline does without Lori ('Spanish Gypsy') has much more flair than what she does with her. Also, unlike most, I loved what Sarah did with Michelle's 'Scheherazade' LP.

As an aside, Sarah is described as Michelle's coach in the trivia section of 'Blades of Glory' on IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0445934/trivia

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Alicja View Post
    So, we have our next three World Champions determined yet: 2010 Caroline, 2011 Rachael and 2012 Alena....
    All I can say is that I wouldn't mind
    Me neither.

To answer my own question, it's mentioned in this recent article on Sarah that she choreographed a program for Caroline:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

With her credentials, I'm sure hiring Sarah must have cost quite a lot. Seems like such a waste for Caroline not to use the program. I would've loved to have seen it - what Caroline does without Lori ('Spanish Gypsy') has much more flair than what she does with her. Also, unlike most, I loved what Sarah did with Michelle's 'Scheherazade' LP.
    Yeah, so I was kinda hoping someone could ask her about it on Twitter. Since she seems pretty responsive.

]With her credentials, I'm sure hiring Sarah must have cost quite a lot. Seems like such a waste for Caroline not to use the program.
    Hmm, Caroline said back in March that she was already getting her programs, but that she didn't like what she had.

Down With It
    In order for Zhang to have a shot at winning worlds, Yuna AND Mao have to retire after OLYs (or skip the comp). It's possible that if she's on and some of the others have an off-day, that the aforementioned scenario could very well play out.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Aside, but if they don't like Caroline, whom do they like? I wouldn't have thought Rachael would be a favorite over there, and Ashley hasn't quite hit her stride yet.

(Please don't tell me to go over and see for myself - they're too nasty over there! )
    It's not that bad. In fact, a lot of it is funny.

The posters here aren't necessarily nice to some skaters, either. There's no perfect spot

Also, unlike most, I loved what Sarah did with Michelle's 'Scheherazade' LP.
    I agree Sarah's choreo was excellent. The problem was that Michelle did not sell that program, imo.

Hmm, what happened to this thread's title? It went from "Caroline's Season" to "Zhang's 2009-2010 Season."

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    Hmm, what happened to this thread's title? It went from "Caroline's Season" to "Zhang's 2009-2010 Season."
    I was confused, too! Can "Caroline" please be added back into the thread title to make sure there's no confusion with the China's Zhang/Zhang pair team?

ETA: Thanks, mod!
    Last edited by Sylvia; 06-08-2009 at 11:47 AM.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Did she really say that? Oh my, why isn't she keeping it "secret?"
    And for that matter - was it the real Caroline? (refer to P-bobs post)
    sounds perfect for caroline! i can't wait to see that program!

Medalist
    In addition to getting new programs, the rumor mill is a buzz that Caroline is also getting a new coach and has split with Li Mingzhu.

The burr up Speedy's Butt! visaliakid's Avatar
    Yep, a very reliable source on another board reports this has happened and that Caroline and Mom are actively looking for a new coach.

We are heading into a season of change for sure. Who will be next?

Page 7 of 118 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast