Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: NHK Analysis

  1. #1
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185

    NHK Analysis

    The Ladies

    Miki and Yukari will battle it out with TBA. I wonder who that will be? Mao has back to back GPs in France and Russia.. Akiko has two already. Will we be getting a new star from Japan?

    The rest of the Ladies: Lepisto, Leonova, and Meier. Can Meissner or Wagner slide into a medal here? Could be an interesting segment.

    The Gentlemen

    WOW This is another TOP draw comp and a Second Tier romp as well.

    First and formost is the Retun of Dai!!! and he will be battling it out with Taka, Brian, Abbott and Weir. What more could you ask for? But wait the second tier is nothing to laught at: Chiper (they dropped the u in his name); Jeremy Ten; Brezina (my boy); Borodulin, and Rippon. No one can predict this lot, but it will be a MUST to view.

    The Pairs

    Here comes Pang/Tong along with Narumi/Tran (Have I seen them before? in battle with Kavaguti/Smirnov. Seems to me that Broder/Mattall; Denny/Barrett; and Inue/Baldwin have a chance for a medal here. Check it out.

    Ice Dance

    Another Biggie: D/S to face Davis/White mainly as they did in Russia. Others include: Crone/Poirier; the Kerrs; Anna/Sergei; and Sommersett/Gilles. I remember that haunting waltz S/G did for that Test Dance. You can see it on Yutube. If D/W get a bronze in Russia (11 pts) and a silver in Japan (13 pts) will 24 register for the Final?

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,672
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post

    D/S to face Davis/White mainly as they did in Russia.

    If D/W get a bronze in Russia (11 pts) and a silver in Japan (13 pts) will 24 register for the Final?
    Why would D/W (4th at Worlds) get bronze in Russia? Who of Crone / Poirier (12th at Worlds) , Mylsiveckova / Novak (21st at Worlds), Hermann / Hermann (17th at Worlds), Cappellini / Lanotte (10th at Worlds), Copely / Stagniunas (14th at Worlds), Rubleva / Shefer (8th at Euros) is going to place ahead of D / W?

    D/W and DomShabs will battle for gold and silver at both Rostelecom (CoR) and NHK, and the worst D/W will do is two silvers.

  3. #3
    D/W fan ~tapdancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    At my computer watching Meryl and Charlie skate!
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Why would D/W (4th at Worlds) get bronze in Russia? Who of Crone / Poirier (12th at Worlds) , Mylsiveckova / Novak (21st at Worlds), Hermann / Hermann (17th at Worlds), Cappellini / Lanotte (10th at Worlds), Copely / Stagniunas (14th at Worlds), Rubleva / Shefer (8th at Euros) is going to place ahead of D / W?

    D/W and DomShabs will battle for gold and silver at both Rostelecom (CoR) and NHK, and the worst D/W will do is two silvers.
    Agree with this. And I think it will be a battle and fan that I am, I think D/W have a great chance for two golds.

  4. #4
    Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,880
    I will up you one and say that if the judging is fair they will get two golds. I'm still mad about DomShab's gold at Worlds.

  5. #5
    Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,047
    I think yukari and D/W and P/T have a good chance at gold. The men's is crazy. I think the big question is which up and commer is going to make into the final group with the big boys. My money is on Rippon

  6. #6
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    D/W and DomShabs will battle for gold and silver at both Rostelecom (CoR) and NHK, and the worst D/W will do is two silvers.
    and 26 points will definitely get them into the Finals

    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer View Post
    Agree with this. And I think it will be a battle and fan that I am, I think D/W have a great chance for two golds.
    They may deserve two golds but read below:

    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    I will up you one and say that if the judging is fair they will get two golds. I'm still mad about DomShab's gold at Worlds.
    Not even the Russian fans thought they deserved it. Well, we'll see.

  7. #7
    Custom Title antmanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    UK - Manchester
    Posts
    4,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    I will up you one and say that if the judging is fair they will get two golds. I'm still mad about DomShab's gold at Worlds.
    You have to see the irony in your statement of "if the judging is fair they will get two golds". Made over 4 months before the competition, before we even know what programmes are being skated, and before we know how they skated.

    Ant

  8. #8
    L'art pour l'art Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,752
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    You have to see the irony in your statement of "if the judging is fair they will get two golds". Made over 4 months before the competition, before we even know what programmes are being skated, and before we know how they skated.
    You forgot that Russians / several other Europeans never deserve their medals, they get them handed by Speedy, some conspiracy of the federations and the judges. They get them because of too short skirts (Kostner) and because of flirting with the judges (Joubert).

    Other skaters, e.g. from NA, deserve medals no matter what. Even before anybody has seen them skate the new programs.

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    687
    What happened to all the junior ladies from japan like one or two season ago?? One japanese lady win bronze at JGPF and 4th at JW. Also didn't another one win silver at JGPF?? i think the JSF should start sending them to senior level to get use to the competition like what Calroline Z did two season ago.

  10. #10
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    You forgot that Russians / several other Europeans never deserve their medals, they get them handed by Speedy, some conspiracy of the federations and the judges. They get them because of too short skirts (Kostner) and because of flirting with the judges (Joubert).

    Other skaters, e.g. from NA, deserve medals no matter what. Even before anybody has seen them skate the new programs.
    Medusa -you are being satirical here. I am amused.

  11. #11
    I like pie. Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Other skaters, e.g. from NA, deserve medals no matter what. Even before anybody has seen them skate the new programs.
    Kurt Browning for the win! Now and always! (I'd be happy )

  12. #12
    Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,880
    You have to see the irony in your statement of "if the judging is fair they will get two golds". Made over 4 months before the competition, before we even know what programmes are being skated, and before we know how they skated.

    Ant
    Hmm. You may have a point there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    You forgot that Russians / several other Europeans never deserve their medals, they get them handed by Speedy, some conspiracy of the federations and the judges. They get them because of too short skirts (Kostner) and because of flirting with the judges (Joubert).

    Other skaters, e.g. from NA, deserve medals no matter what. Even before anybody has seen them skate the new programs.
    Let's not try to start WWIII here. I'm not representing America on this board and I wasn't even on the D/W bandwagon earlier in the season because I don't like that Samson & Delilah program, but they skated lights-out. You don't think D/S are judge's pets?

  13. #13
    L'art pour l'art Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    You don't think D/S are judge's pets?
    I don't pretend to know anything about ice-dance. I found that V/M should have won the CD at Worlds by a mile, but somehow B/A and D/S were placed above them (and not that many people complained). I found B/A's freedance this season unbearably shallow and fake and don't even know how they won medals with that. D/S' freedance at Worlds I prefered over V/M's and B/A's. I thought D/W, K/K and P/B had the most appealing freedances. So do I understand how D/S won Worlds? Nope. But then again I also don't understand how B/A are always winning medals.

  14. #14
    Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,880
    Me neither! See, I'm not just an America-booster.

  15. #15
    Brazilian Eurotrash beep_beep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Porto Alegre, Brazil
    Posts
    2,017
    Ahhh, come on people! Already...? It's badly June !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •