Champs Camp 2009 | Golden Skate

Champs Camp 2009

Sinclare

Rinkside
I did not realize so many skaters get to go. Glad about that. Can't wait for the pictures! ;)

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Can this thread be moved back to The Edge forum please? There should be news and photo links to post this coming weekend.

cornell08

Final Flight
Can this thread be moved back to The Edge forum please? There should be news and photo links to post this coming weekend.

Hear hear!

Here is the first USFSA article on CC09:
http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=43156

(6/11/09) - All 46 of U.S. Figure Skating's A and B Envelope athletes and their coaches will gather at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo., June 11-14 for U.S. Figure Skating's third annual Champs Camp.

Last edited by a moderator:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Person playing the announcer:
What was in your mind when you fell on the triple flip?

Skater learning to deal with the media:
I was very disappointed with myself, but determined to land everything in the rest of the program.

gold12345

Medalist
Haha, looks like they are having fun. With a couple exceptions (Caroline, etc), all the skaters in those two sets of photos seem to be in the "not seriously in the running for this Olympics" category. I guess there will be pictures of the top dogs later on.

gold12345

Medalist
Very nice. Thank you. They moved up the ranks fast. (But then again, they were older than most in novices.)

Pairs has become the unwanted step-child of the figure skatig family. :cry: It ought to be the most fascinating, considering the skills involved.

Ahh, not to me. I have always loved pairs the best. Ice dance seems to get more attention on these boards, but there are still some people out there that like pairs better. :yes:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Ahh, not to me. I have always loved pairs the best. Ice dance seems to get more attention on these boards, but there are still some people out there that like pairs better. :yes:
Brrr, Ice-Dance. If I wanted to watch politics, I would watch the news.

I think they only do the Champs Camp to make lots of embarrissing photographs of everyone - but good for us, I can't wait for the next bunch of pictures.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Haha, looks like they are having fun. With a couple exceptions (Caroline, etc), all the skaters in those two sets of photos seem to be in the "not seriously in the running for this Olympics" category. I guess there will be pictures of the top dogs later on.

well, I did see pictures of Zhang, Nagasu and Wagner...are they not the "top dogs"? In America, at least? the only one I see missing is Flatt.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Medusa, what a nice close-up of Yuko you've got there.
^Thanks. It's actually part of one of my Wallpapers. I felt momentarily bad for having produced something that kitschy - but then I remembered her attire during the World's long program and didn't feel so bad about it anymore.

The Carriere / Rippon photo is really nice. They look soooo young though.