Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 73

Thread: Keeping New Music Secret..???

  1. #31
    Custom Title antmanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    UK - Manchester
    Posts
    4,913
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Hmmm, or...what IF you cheer loudly at home when he takes to the ice, but then reserve your right to remain silent in forum, anything you say or do can be used against you? (the other way around is not an option )
    and ruin my fun???!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    alright, someone take ant's punch glass away from him. now he's just getting too silly. time to cut him off

    Believe it or not there's not a punch glass in sight and i'm in work! But it is sunny!

    Ant

  2. #32
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    I can't recall such a fuss about music in general
    I think you're the one who's creating fuss about music.

    Just let it go! It doesn't mean anything if some skaters don't want to reveal their music until they actually perform it in competition.

    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    I think it is as simple as this:

    Reporter: Can you tell me what music you'll be skating to in the up coming season?

    Skater: I'd rather keep it to myself for now thanks.


    And the skate fans over analyze it til they're blue in the face because they've got nothing better to do in the off season!!

    I mean come on, why do people care so much? Do the skaters owe you anything? Should they have to tell you their music? What if at this stage the music and choreography are done but then they have a change of heart and go to the piece originally in the number 2 slot? Why should skaters have to make any of these decisions out in the open?

    Why don't skate fans accept that they simply won't have all of the information available months in advance of the competitions and move on

    Ant
    HEAR HEAR!

  3. #33
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    and ruin my fun???!!!
    Ant
    fun?who 's laughing?
    I see we both work hard...

    Mao has a private rink?

  4. #34
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,963
    This is always fun in the off season: Go over to FSU, post one of their little spy icons and say, "I can't tell you what anybody's music is, but I was over at Yuna's rink yesterday and I thought I heard Handel's Water Music playing. Shhhhh."
    Last edited by Mathman; 06-04-2009 at 12:55 PM.

  5. #35
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    Go over to FSU, post one of their little spy icons and say....Handel's Water Music
    and they will reply...
    Interesting music choice...which suite will she use Is it for sp or Lp?
    I thought she would pick Tosca


  6. #36
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    And the skate fans over analyze it til they're blue in the face because they've got nothing better to do in the off season!!
    Ant
    I think that's exactly me

  7. #37
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by shallwedansu View Post
    I think you're the one who's creating fuss about music.

    Just let it go! It doesn't mean anything if some skaters don't want to reveal their music until they actually perform it in competition.
    :
    You call this a fuss?
    I think it is OK to discuss this topic - and see no reason for fans of YUNA or Mao to take it in a negative light -??
    I am glad to hear your opinion and think you may well be right.
    But still, the fact that both coaches announced it makes me feel that it does mean something. I just wish I was smart enough to see how this helps their skater. Perhaps it has more to do with the semi-crazed fans that follow the two girls I mentioned. Or (shudder) maybe one of them will be skating to "Carmen." and wisely has decided to keep this quiet as long as possible
    Last edited by janetfan; 06-04-2009 at 01:19 PM.

  8. #38
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by gocaroline View Post
    I think that's exactly me
    i think we all become an analyzing blue in one or other way off season, like a Smurf's village...then season comes and there is more disagreement than analyzing so i think the colour changes to red.

  9. #39
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    This is always fun in the off season: Go over to FSU, post one of their little spy icons and say, "I can't tell you what anybody's music is, but I was over at Yuna's rink yesterday and I thought I hear Handel's Water Music playing. Shhhhh."
    Now I am thinking about going out and buying some hi-tech listening devices, driving up to Toronto and snooping around the Cricket club. Once I know the music I will offer it up to the highest bidder. (I sure hope I can get Tat to pay in dollars or Euros though )
    Last edited by janetfan; 06-04-2009 at 01:02 PM.

  10. #40
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Now I am thinking about going out and buying some hi-tech listening devices, driving up to Toronto and snooping around the Cricket club. Once I know the music I will offer it up to the highest bidder. (I sure hope I can get Tat to pay in dollars or Euros though )
    Good luck. Cricket Club is private. I visited last summer and was escorted at all times; laptops and cell phones were not permitted. Great lunch menu.

  11. #41
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    Good luck. Cricket Club is private. I visited last summer and was escorted at all times; laptops and cell phones were not permitted. Great lunch menu.
    Geez Nylynnr - I was kidding. But if I am ever in the neighborhood I will remember to pop in for lunch.

  12. #42
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    264
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    You call this a fuss?
    3 pages of why a skater chooses to not reveal her music? It looks like a lot of fuss over nothing to me.

    I think it is OK to discuss this topic - and see no reason for fans of YUNA or Mao to take it in a negative light -??
    It's not a matter of whether it's viewed negatively or not. It's the ridiculousness of it all. Theorizing some kind of mastermind plan just because they're not revealing their music.

    But still, the fact that both coaches announced it makes me feel that it does mean something. I just wish I was smart enough to see how this helps their skater. Perhaps it has more to do with the semi-crazed fans that follow the two girls I mentioned. Or (shudder) maybe one of them will be skating to "Carmen." and wisely has decided to keep this quiet as long as possible
    And most people are saying it doesn't mean anything at all. So don't bother trying to figure out how this "helps" the skater because it's just a waste of time over nothing.

  13. #43
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by shallwedansu View Post
    3 pages of why a skater chooses to not reveal her music? It looks like a lot of fuss over nothing to me.


    It's not a matter of whether it's viewed negatively or not. It's the ridiculousness of it all. Theorizing some kind of mastermind plan just because they're not revealing their music.


    And most people are saying it doesn't mean anything at all. So don't bother trying to figure out how this "helps" the skater because it's just a waste of time over nothing.
    You are absolutely right. It's silly to assume a skater keeping a music choice quiet has a special reason for doing so. Some skaters do not know the proper name of their music, or the correct papers still need to be filed to obtain approval for the music, or a federation needs to be informed, or several pieces are being considered and no one wants to make a premature announcement.

  14. #44
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by shallwedansu View Post
    3 pages of why a skater chooses to not reveal her music? It looks like a lot of fuss over nothing to me.
    It's not a matter of whether it's viewed negatively or not. It's the ridiculousness of it all. Theorizing some kind of mastermind plan just because they're not revealing their music.
    And most people are saying it doesn't mean anything at all. So don't bother trying to figure out how this "helps" the skater because it's just a waste of time over nothing.
    Sorry if this is disturbing you. Actually, if I am "theorizing" about this it has to do with how silly I think it is for both camps to announce it. They are the one's that have made a statement and I am free to offer my own opinions about it. You always have the option to skip over my posts or this entire topic. You sound to me like you are here as the "guardian" of one of the skaters. I don't care how you feel about this but I don't think you have the right to tell me or others what to think about this or anything else. Did it ever occur to you that much of this is lighthearted and just for fun? Pure silliness - that most people would not take so seriously. Or are you one of those fans offended by the slightest possibilty that someone may be slurring your favorite skater?
    So feel free to take your own advice and don't waste any more of yout time on this topic. Or complain back about it or about me..Or even try being civil. Either way it is your choice and I welcome your comments.

  15. #45
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    521
    I'd be interested in finding out if the skaters know what their competitor's music is before it is formally announced. I wouldn't be surprised if they had an idea of their competitor's music choices before the general public hears anything. Any thoughts?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •