Michelle graduates June 6, has been accepted into graduate school | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Michelle graduates June 6, has been accepted into graduate school

heyang

Record Breaker
Thanks to all for posting the links to pictures and videos.

Both ladies look great. I prefer Sarah with the longer darker hair in her grad picture. I do wonder how well she will do on the skating circuit, such as it is. It's certainly the right time to strike with the Oly's coming up. However, IMO, she did not skate well enough to be the headliner of the one year of SOI and I would hope that she would realize that people expect a lot out of the Olympic title and ticket price.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the video and pic links. Both MIchelle and Sarah look great! Many congrats to both of them! :party:

dwiggin3

Final Flight
They don't do anything on the first day anyway except hand ou t the syllabus. Which, that's available on line anyway. :) :) :)

Have you ever been to grad school? I have my MA, MS and am 3 months from my PhD and I have NEVER had a first day of class where we did nothing. In fact, most classes expected several chapters to have been read and it was not uncommon to have an assignment due.

fairly4

Medalist
Congratulations to both Michelle and Sarah.
I didn't realize Sarah was graduating because she took a year off , I thought she had a year. Well anyway congratulations Sarah and best of luck with all you do as well as Michelle.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Have you ever been to grad school? I have my MA, MS and am 3 months from my PhD and I have NEVER had a first day of class where we did nothing. In fact, most classes expected several chapters to have been read and it was not uncommon to have an assignment due.

You raise very valid points. But I think there is something in the "unpublished" Grand Prix rules that would cover Michelle if she missed a class because she was at Skate America. :laugh:
I will check my sources (where are you mm) just to be sure. ;)

Medusa

Record Breaker
:scratch:

You know that the Mathman is a really really smart guy and teaches Math - at university?

Here in Germany, the entire first week is pretty weak, it's all about the schedule for the semester, about the contents of the different courses, about organisation... You can just as well stay a week longer on Kreta.

soogar

Record Breaker
:scratch:

You know that the Mathman is a really really smart guy and teaches Math - at university?

Here in Germany, the entire first week is pretty weak, it's all about the schedule for the semester, about the contents of the different courses, about organisation... You can just as well stay a week longer on Kreta.

Undergraduate classes and grad classes are totally different. I went to grad school as well and there is a lot of reading required prior to the first class - and assigned thereafter. She could miss the first class with no serious repercussions, but why even go to grad school if there are plans to miss classes. Better to just defer for a year and attend classes with no disruptions. Michelle had a hard time dealing with both skating and school- by her own admission her grades got a lot better when she devoted all her time to school. Not everyone is cut out to juggle both school and academics and it only gets more difficult with grad school.

BTW Sarah looks great and talks of Michelle's comeback as if it were a done deal. I thought it was all speculation at this point.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Undergraduate classes and grad classes are totally different. I went to grad school as well and there is a lot of reading required prior to the first class - and assigned thereafter. She could miss the first class with no serious repercussions, but why even go to grad school if there are plans to miss classes. Better to just defer for a year and attend classes with no disruptions. Michelle had a hard time dealing with both skating and school- by her own admission her grades got a lot better when she devoted all her time to school. Not everyone is cut out to juggle both school and academics and it only gets more difficult with grad school.

BTW Sarah looks great and talks of Michelle's comeback as if it were a done deal. I thought it was all speculation at this point.

SOOGAR!!!! Where ya been?!?!?