Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 56

Thread: Michelle graduates June 6, has been accepted into graduate school

  1. #31
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Thank you!
    And a bit longer one you'll like even more ( wait for the commercial to end):

    http://www.necn.com/Boston/Arts-Ente...244404754.html

    Plus a neat article on Michelle and Sarah's graduation:

    http://www.people.com/people/article...283736,00.html
    Last edited by Kathy; 06-07-2009 at 05:49 PM.

  2. #32
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy
    And a bit longer one you'll like even more ( wait for the commercial to end):

    http://www.necn.com/Boston/Arts-Ente...244404754.html

  3. #33
    Custom Title heyang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,151
    Thanks to all for posting the links to pictures and videos.

    Both ladies look great. I prefer Sarah with the longer darker hair in her grad picture. I do wonder how well she will do on the skating circuit, such as it is. It's certainly the right time to strike with the Oly's coming up. However, IMO, she did not skate well enough to be the headliner of the one year of SOI and I would hope that she would realize that people expect a lot out of the Olympic title and ticket price.

  4. #34
    Gotta Have Music iluvtodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    10,539
    Thanks for the video and pic links. Both MIchelle and Sarah look great! Many congrats to both of them!

  5. #35
    Custom Title dwiggin3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    They don't do anything on the first day anyway except hand ou t the syllabus. Which, that's available on line anyway.
    Have you ever been to grad school? I have my MA, MS and am 3 months from my PhD and I have NEVER had a first day of class where we did nothing. In fact, most classes expected several chapters to have been read and it was not uncommon to have an assignment due.

  6. #36
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,044
    Congratulations to both Michelle and Sarah.
    I didn't realize Sarah was graduating because she took a year off , I thought she had a year. Well anyway congratulations Sarah and best of luck with all you do as well as Michelle.

  7. #37
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by dwiggin3 View Post
    Have you ever been to grad school? I have my MA, MS and am 3 months from my PhD and I have NEVER had a first day of class where we did nothing. In fact, most classes expected several chapters to have been read and it was not uncommon to have an assignment due.

    You raise very valid points. But I think there is something in the "unpublished" Grand Prix rules that would cover Michelle if she missed a class because she was at Skate America.
    I will check my sources (where are you mm) just to be sure.

  8. #38
    L'art pour l'art Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,752
    Quote Originally Posted by dwiggin3 View Post
    Have you ever been to grad school? I have my MA, MS and am 3 months from my PhD and I have NEVER had a first day of class where we did nothing. In fact, most classes expected several chapters to have been read and it was not uncommon to have an assignment due.


    You know that the Mathman is a really really smart guy and teaches Math - at university?

    Here in Germany, the entire first week is pretty weak, it's all about the schedule for the semester, about the contents of the different courses, about organisation... You can just as well stay a week longer on Kreta.

  9. #39
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post


    You know that the Mathman is a really really smart guy and teaches Math - at university?

    Here in Germany, the entire first week is pretty weak, it's all about the schedule for the semester, about the contents of the different courses, about organisation... You can just as well stay a week longer on Kreta.
    Undergraduate classes and grad classes are totally different. I went to grad school as well and there is a lot of reading required prior to the first class - and assigned thereafter. She could miss the first class with no serious repercussions, but why even go to grad school if there are plans to miss classes. Better to just defer for a year and attend classes with no disruptions. Michelle had a hard time dealing with both skating and school- by her own admission her grades got a lot better when she devoted all her time to school. Not everyone is cut out to juggle both school and academics and it only gets more difficult with grad school.

    BTW Sarah looks great and talks of Michelle's comeback as if it were a done deal. I thought it was all speculation at this point.

  10. #40
    Shoe Diva
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI - So Glad to be Home!
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by soogar View Post
    Undergraduate classes and grad classes are totally different. I went to grad school as well and there is a lot of reading required prior to the first class - and assigned thereafter. She could miss the first class with no serious repercussions, but why even go to grad school if there are plans to miss classes. Better to just defer for a year and attend classes with no disruptions. Michelle had a hard time dealing with both skating and school- by her own admission her grades got a lot better when she devoted all her time to school. Not everyone is cut out to juggle both school and academics and it only gets more difficult with grad school.

    BTW Sarah looks great and talks of Michelle's comeback as if it were a done deal. I thought it was all speculation at this point.
    SOOGAR!!!! Where ya been?!?!?

  11. #41
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife View Post
    SOOGAR!!!! Where ya been?!?!?
    Hehehehe I only creep out of hiding when discussing the old timers. The new ladiezz don't hold my attention enough to either hate or love them.

  12. #42
    Shoe Diva
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI - So Glad to be Home!
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by soogar View Post
    Hehehehe I only creep out of hiding when discussing the old timers. The new ladiezz don't hold my attention enough to either hate or love them.
    Girl. Don't even get me started... I particularly love the discussions about how a Michelle / Sasha comeback is a waste of time because they couldn't possiblily be competitive or interesting with this oh so talented new group... and I'm always like - seriously? Are you seriously serious? Did you watch US Nationals??? Did you see the splatfest that was Worlds?? Have you taken a gander at the ratings for Nationals and / or Worlds?? If they need canes, crutches or sticks - bring 'em back & save our sport!

    But its always a pleasure to see your shining face / type on GS!

  13. #43
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    679
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
    And a bit longer one you'll like even more ( wait for the commercial to end):

    http://www.necn.com/Boston/Arts-Ente...244404754.html

    Plus a neat article on Michelle and Sarah's graduation:

    http://www.people.com/people/article...283736,00.html
    Congratulations to Michelle and Sarah!!! :

  14. #44
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife View Post
    Girl. Don't even get me started... I particularly love the discussions about how a Michelle / Sasha comeback is a waste of time because they couldn't possiblily be competitive or interesting with this oh so talented new group... and I'm always like - seriously? Are you seriously serious? Did you watch US Nationals??? Did you see the splatfest that was Worlds?? Have you taken a gander at the ratings for Nationals and / or Worlds?? If they need canes, crutches or sticks - bring 'em back & save our sport!

    But its always a pleasure to see your shining face / type on GS!
    Yeah, I know those whole 5 triples in Yu Na's winning Worlds program has the old timers really shaking in their boots :P. But according to the detractors, 5 triples with a 3-3 combo is worth more than 6 triples...

    When I see the wobbly spirals and so-so spins.. I will take a Sasha splatfest over what I saw at worlds. If MK is in any shape to put out a 6-7 triple program, I'm very certain she can contend and win among this group of girls.

  15. #45
    Custom Title Pikachuusb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by soogar View Post
    BTW Sarah looks great and talks of Michelle's comeback as if it were a done deal. I thought it was all speculation at this point.
    Im hoping she knows something we dont

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •