Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Michelle graduates June 6, has been accepted into graduate school

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Thank you!
    And a bit longer one you'll like even more ( wait for the commercial to end):

http://www.necn.com/Boston/Arts-Ente...244404754.html

Plus a neat article on Michelle and Sarah's graduation:

http://www.people.com/people/article...283736,00.html
    Last edited by Kathy; 06-07-2009 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy

Thanks to all for posting the links to pictures and videos.

Both ladies look great. I prefer Sarah with the longer darker hair in her grad picture. I do wonder how well she will do on the skating circuit, such as it is. It's certainly the right time to strike with the Oly's coming up. However, IMO, she did not skate well enough to be the headliner of the one year of SOI and I would hope that she would realize that people expect a lot out of the Olympic title and ticket price.

Thanks for the video and pic links. Both MIchelle and Sarah look great! Many congrats to both of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    They don't do anything on the first day anyway except hand ou t the syllabus. Which, that's available on line anyway.
    Have you ever been to grad school? I have my MA, MS and am 3 months from my PhD and I have NEVER had a first day of class where we did nothing. In fact, most classes expected several chapters to have been read and it was not uncommon to have an assignment due.

Custom Title
    Congratulations to both Michelle and Sarah.
    I didn't realize Sarah was graduating because she took a year off , I thought she had a year. Well anyway congratulations Sarah and best of luck with all you do as well as Michelle.

Quote Originally Posted by dwiggin3 View Post
    Have you ever been to grad school? I have my MA, MS and am 3 months from my PhD and I have NEVER had a first day of class where we did nothing. In fact, most classes expected several chapters to have been read and it was not uncommon to have an assignment due.

You raise very valid points. But I think there is something in the "unpublished" Grand Prix rules that would cover Michelle if she missed a class because she was at Skate America.
    I will check my sources (where are you mm) just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dwiggin3 View Post

You know that the Mathman is a really really smart guy and teaches Math - at university?

Here in Germany, the entire first week is pretty weak, it's all about the schedule for the semester, about the contents of the different courses, about organisation... You can just as well stay a week longer on Kreta.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post

You know that the Mathman is a really really smart guy and teaches Math - at university?

Here in Germany, the entire first week is pretty weak, it's all about the schedule for the semester, about the contents of the different courses, about organisation... You can just as well stay a week longer on Kreta.
    Undergraduate classes and grad classes are totally different. I went to grad school as well and there is a lot of reading required prior to the first class - and assigned thereafter. She could miss the first class with no serious repercussions, but why even go to grad school if there are plans to miss classes. Better to just defer for a year and attend classes with no disruptions. Michelle had a hard time dealing with both skating and school- by her own admission her grades got a lot better when she devoted all her time to school. Not everyone is cut out to juggle both school and academics and it only gets more difficult with grad school.

BTW Sarah looks great and talks of Michelle's comeback as if it were a done deal. I thought it was all speculation at this point.

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by soogar View Post
    Undergraduate classes and grad classes are totally different. I went to grad school as well and there is a lot of reading required prior to the first class - and assigned thereafter. She could miss the first class with no serious repercussions, but why even go to grad school if there are plans to miss classes. Better to just defer for a year and attend classes with no disruptions. Michelle had a hard time dealing with both skating and school- by her own admission her grades got a lot better when she devoted all her time to school. Not everyone is cut out to juggle both school and academics and it only gets more difficult with grad school.

BTW Sarah looks great and talks of Michelle's comeback as if it were a done deal. I thought it was all speculation at this point.
    SOOGAR!!!! Where ya been?!?!?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife View Post
    SOOGAR!!!! Where ya been?!?!?
    Hehehehe I only creep out of hiding when discussing the old timers. The new ladiezz don't hold my attention enough to either hate or love them.

Shoe Diva
    Hehehehe I only creep out of hiding when discussing the old timers. The new ladiezz don't hold my attention enough to either hate or love them.
    Girl. Don't even get me started... I particularly love the discussions about how a Michelle / Sasha comeback is a waste of time because they couldn't possiblily be competitive or interesting with this oh so talented new group... and I'm always like - seriously? Are you seriously serious? Did you watch US Nationals??? Did you see the splatfest that was Worlds?? Have you taken a gander at the ratings for Nationals and / or Worlds?? If they need canes, crutches or sticks - bring 'em back & save our sport!

But its always a pleasure to see your shining face / type on GS!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy View Post

Plus a neat article on Michelle and Sarah's graduation:

http://www.people.com/people/article...283736,00.html
    Congratulations to Michelle and Sarah!!! :

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife View Post
    Girl. Don't even get me started... I particularly love the discussions about how a Michelle / Sasha comeback is a waste of time because they couldn't possiblily be competitive or interesting with this oh so talented new group... and I'm always like - seriously? Are you seriously serious? Did you watch US Nationals??? Did you see the splatfest that was Worlds?? Have you taken a gander at the ratings for Nationals and / or Worlds?? If they need canes, crutches or sticks - bring 'em back & save our sport!

But its always a pleasure to see your shining face / type on GS!
    Yeah, I know those whole 5 triples in Yu Na's winning Worlds program has the old timers really shaking in their boots :P. But according to the detractors, 5 triples with a 3-3 combo is worth more than 6 triples...

When I see the wobbly spirals and so-so spins.. I will take a Sasha splatfest over what I saw at worlds. If MK is in any shape to put out a 6-7 triple program, I'm very certain she can contend and win among this group of girls.

Im hoping she knows something we dont

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast