Weir's new choreographer | Golden Skate

Weir's new choreographer

Kutien

Final Flight
According to his twitter, Johnny is working with David Wilson on his programs for the upcoming season.
His past and current clients include Marc-Olivier Bosse[1] Jordan Brauninger[2], Sébastien Britten, Jeffrey Buttle[3], Ana Cecilia Cantu[4], Michele Cantu[5], Sean Carlow[6], Sasha Cohen, Alissa Czisny[7], Franciela Dabdoub[8], Frederic Dambier[9], Cederic Demers[10], Phoebe Di Tommaso[11], Jessica Dube & Bryce Davison[12], Marie-France Dubreuil & Patrice Lauzon[13], Ben Ferreira[14], Alexe Gilles[15], Lesley Hawker[16], Emily Hughes[17], Kim Yu-na[18], Amelie Lacoste[19], Jean-Simon Legare[20], Jacinthe Lariviere & Lenny Faustino[21], Christopher Mabee, Rylie McCulloch-Casarsa[22], Jessica Miller & Ian Moram, Daisuke Murakami, Kensuke Nakaniwa[23], Molly Oberstar[24], Nobunari Oda[25], Brian Orser, Cynthia Phaneuf[26], Isabelle Pieman[27], Joannie Rochette[28], Signe Ronka[29], Joey Russell[30], Shawn Sawyer[31], Jeremy Ten[32], Mark Vaillant, Lauren Wilson[33], Nicholas Young[34], and Yun Yea-ji[35].

News on russian

merrybari

Final Flight
Wow! That's an impressive list of skaters for Wilson. Will be interesting to see what he brings to Johnny's programs this year.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Finally! I've been waiting for that partnership forever...

though I will miss seeing what Denis would have come up with - had Johnny decided to stick with his work.

This should be good news. He needs to get away from the drab choreo he's been using since Otonal, imo.

I do not think Johnny can work out a routine on his own, and make it his. The only one I enjoyed was TT's. Also I'm impressed with Wilson's choreo because, like TT's, it is more of a dancey kind. Johnny should be able to do it.

Maybe he could also try Kurt Brownings choreo, too while he's up in Canada. He could use one for the SP and one for the LP.

Pleasant news. Wilson did Sasha's R&J and Joannie's Firebird. I hope this portends a program with some real drama and emotion - that's been AWOL in Johnny's programs over the past few years.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I do not particularly like Kurt as a choreographer.
Perhaps the problem would be that Kurt doesn't seem to like Johnny particularly as a skater. (at least that's my impression from interviews and his commentary)

nylynnr

On the Ice
Kurt isn't working with Johnny, so it's kind of a moot point, at least in terms of this year's choreography.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I am surprised at this, but I think it is a good move. Judges like Wilson's work and Johnny certainly could use a fresh perspective. I hope he picks some inspiring music this season...good choreography with bad music is pointless.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I am surprised at this, but I think it is a good move. Judges like Wilson's work and Johnny certainly could use a fresh perspective. I hope he picks some inspiring music this season...good choreography with bad music is pointless.
I am sure (or at least I hope) that Wilson will insist on music, that doesn't sound as if I could have composed it with some mediocre synthesiser.

nylynnr

On the Ice
I am sure (or at least I hope) that Wilson will insist on music, that doesn't sound as if I could have composed it with some mediocre synthesiser.

The short is to a high-energy Spanish piece, not a re-mix, and the long is kind of a continuation of the fallen angels' theme. Don't know about synthesizers.

It could be a good mix. The angel shtick is Johnny's bread and butter. Not sure I can see him intruding on Evan's toreador turf, but who knows.