Meissner happy with surprise double (CoR & NHK) | Golden Skate

Meissner happy with surprise double (CoR & NHK)

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Baltimore Sun article: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/olympics/bal-meissner605,0,5807577.story
"I wasn't really paying attention. I was, like, 'I'm not going to worry about it. I'm just going to do what I can do,'" she said Friday during a break from practice at Ice World in Abington [MD]. "Then all of the sudden, I had two of them [GPs]. I was just so shocked and just like so happy."
Her short program is a revamped version of Un Ange Passe, the music she used last season. Her long program will be skated to Romeo and Juliet.
The article ends by mentioning that Meissner will likely compete at Liberty or Skate Detroit in July. (The last time she competed at Liberty was back in July 2004.)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I hope she has a good season... if she makes the Olympics fantastic... just so long as she finds the joy in her skating again

That's great news:agree: and I can't wait to see her Juliet.
I hate to be a spoiler on this but seeing Juliet without Romeo is just not the same, and neither one of them ever did a doble salchow.:laugh: If a skater must interpret Shaekespear literally then let the Pairs do it.

Still hoping she makes the final. :agree:

Alicja

On the Ice
I hate to be a spoiler on this but seeing Juliet without Romeo is just not the same, and neither one of them ever did a doble salchow.:laugh: If a skater must interpret Shaekespear literally then let the Pairs do.

Kimmie won't be doing double sals either, she'll do TRIPLES(hopefully)! :p

Sylvia

Record Breaker
She's also doing back to back comps and in long distances.
Russia and Japan are not back-to-back GPs -- Cup of China takes place between them.

Selfishly hoping Kimmie decides to compete at Liberty next month! :rock:

TripletA

Rinkside
Kimmiw should be happy with two competitions with the way she skated last year. Last few years really.

Chrystia Mee

Rinkside
The Chicklets?

The chicklets was the nickname given to the 2004 junior ladies world team. The team consisted of Danielle Kahle, Katy Taylor, and Kimmie Meissner. They did a brief fluff piece on them at the Junior Worlds then, and then a few years later did a follow up piece at nationals to compare the then and now.

nylynnr

On the Ice
I'd like to see the venues and assignments for the JGP and note how many of them also skate Senior.

USFS announced its initial participants in the Junior Grand Prix today. Check its website. None of these skaters are also on the senior Grand Prix, although it's possible some may compete at U.S. nationals as seniors. Single skaters and dancers cannot compete on both the junior and senior circuits.