Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Evgeni Plushenko: Back to the Future

News Evgeni Plushenko: Back to the Future

A sunny, warm morning in the last week of May in St. Petersburg, Russia, and world famous coach Alexei Mishin is on the ice in the bright Yubileini practice rink with its large windows teaching his young students.

More

Three cheers for gsk8 and the contributing journalists and correspondents that get these exclusive interviews for Golden Skate!
    Last edited by Mathman; 06-01-2009 at 11:26 PM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Hey, Are you having a party without me?
    merci beaucoup for the article, I m gonna read the it now, a bed time fairytale story

Seniorita, we are counting on you to keep this thread at the top of the page!

so you re gonna let me speak alone here for 35 pages?:sheesh:
    (*mumbles*)

Custom Title
    Another great article from GS!

Lovely piece, positive, informative, beautiful. Just reaffirms my belief in Evgeni Plushenko. I will be rooting for him, as always, though I doubt he will need it. He skates with the gods.

All the other male skaters should feel honored to skate against him ~ the best ~ he has the aura of invincibility. And he has the opportunity to make history, as the article mentions. I will be cheering him on all the way in his quest to make the impossible possible!

You younger male skaters out there, pay attention, this is the way it is done...

i just wanna say thanx again for the article now I read it, i really enjoyed it, that was a nice break, no dithyrambs for his comeback neither any negativity, simple and to the facts, it was beautiful writing, compliments to the chef
    I like plushy attitude concerning nothing to lose, there will be another olympic champion eventually and stephan, he is really something else, whenever i read something on his blog, I miss his graciousness towards skating and his co athletes.
    He skates with the gods.
    I like this phrase, what does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    His skating is so exhalted and sublime, it is above the reach of mortal men.

Or -- He already died and went to heaven.
    Last edited by Mathman; 06-02-2009 at 01:24 AM.

Or -- He already died and went to heaven.

But I ll take the first one
    Thank you!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Three cheers for gsk8 and the contributing journalists and correspondents that get these exclusive interviews for Golden Skate!
    Ditto!

I have just read the article, and I agree that it is to the point and well written. I found it very enjoyable and informative. Thank you so much!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    For me personally, seniorita, it is an image I have, in my mind, of an exquisite painting I saw once. Unfortunately, it was way too expensive for my budget, but that didn't stop me from eyeing it whenever I got the chance until the day it was sold.

It was an antique painting of two celestial human figures (a man & a woman) wearing long flowing diaphanous garb, skating what appeared to be a heavenly setting ~ firmament ~ that, to me, means to skate with the gods.

Down With It
    Well...at least he admits to wanting to "win something"...unlike some other comeback kids.

Custom Title
    Thank you so much! I really enjoyed reading it. Very informative. Even reading it, added the Olympic excitement. Keep my fingers crossed for him to keep healthy!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Well...at least he admits to wanting to "win something"...unlike some other comeback kids.
    I'm sorry, I haven't read about other comeback, did the others not say that?

It seems he is aware this time it may not happen, I mean in the last interview he said, he talks about all the competitions he has to do before Olympics and then he says something like, well he uses an expression, but the idea is that he says that to expect not very good results in his first, second and even third competition.

And it seems the Fed is also aware that Plushenko coming back does not translate into "we have another Olympic gold", but they expect him to do well because in the document the Russian fed turned out about the expectation of the Russian team for the upcoming Olympics, when the men event is mentioned it says: "Expected podium finish IF Evgeni Plushenko competes".

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar

Thumbs up

What a great read! Thanks so much, and keep 'em comming...

Plushy!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast