KSU's admirable effort! | Golden Skate

KSU's admirable effort!

vLadiMiRa

Rinkside
Because some other skating unions- I will refrain from mentioning specific ones- already push their domestic companies to spend millions of $$( $ just means money here, not necessarily US dollars) to sponsor ISU events.

Also, fyi, if you read both articles closely, 2/3 of of the articles are devoted to Yuna working on her new programs prior to the Olympics. Just felt that I had to mention this since I can read Korean.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Korea Skating Union is going to invite some ISU judges with Cinquanta to a workshop in Korea at August, so tnat judgement will not be taken against Korean skaters at competitions next season.

Can someone tell us what this all means please? :scratch:

vLadiMiRa

Rinkside
From the article on one of the links of the original poster, it says that there will be a workshop of intl. judges for all skating events in August which will take place in Korea.

The article does not say that the event is funded by the KSU; it just says that KSU set aside the budget of about $250,000(depending on the ever-so-reliable exchange rate) for 3 skating events- including figure skating(which in Korea, I think it means Yu-na), speed skating, short track skating for the next year. The president of the KSU, Mr. Park Sung-In, is also quoted as saying how they are trying to not take any disadvantages in judging, although they are not trying to gain any advantages in judging either.

I have stuff to do right now, so I can't translate more...but I hope that helped. :)

cosmos

On the Ice
CaroSasha
Can you read Korean? What is the point of the thread?

This article reflects the frustration of KSU that its skaters (figure, long and short track) may be victims of unfair judging in Vancouver. Most skating fans on this board are from countries where you don't need to worry about it.

gkelly

Record Breaker
The article does not say that the event is funded by the KSU; it just says that KSU set aside the budget of about $250,000(depending on the ever-so-reliable exchange rate) for 3 skating events- including figure skating(which in Korea, I think it means Yu-na), speed skating, short track skating for the next year.

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-182959-200177-nav-list,00.html

I see that World Cup Short Track is scheduled for September 2009 and Four Continents Figure Skating Championships for January 2010, so those must be two of the events. (Yu-na is not an event, although she would be expected to participate in Four Continents in Korea).

I don't know what the other event would be for next year. There's a provisional allotment for 2011 World Junior Figure Skating Championships.

sunrock

Rinkside
Pathetic! Stop trying to start controversy where there isn't any.
FYI, the KSU doesn't give a hoot about Yuna unless she's giving them money. South Korea has a history of excelling at short track speed skating. The KSU has and always will mainly cater to short track until more prominent figure skaters emerge.