Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Music Help!!!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar

Music Help!!!

I am doing a wedding video for one of my co-workers. She just got married, she' 38 and thought she would never get married. She said she's waited so long for her prince. Anyhow, I would like your help. When I've done videos before I usually get the music from the people but this is a gift for her and I am stumped.

They are both down to earth type people so I think any kind of music would be good. He's kind of country.

I have the church music.

I was going to use.... You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman for her.

I need music for him... and that's where I'm stumped and need your help, pleeeeeeeeeese.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Does this couple have a sense of humor? You could use "Someday My Prince Will Come!"

Custom Title
    I have a few suggestions:

1) Something That We Do by Clint Black - I had never heard of this until a friend who got married recently used this.
    2) I'm Yours by Jason Mraz - A bit more contemporary, one of my favorite songs for the past year.
    3) When a Man Loves a Woman by Percy Sledge - This keeps it in the same 60s R&B vein as Aretha's song

Good luck!! And let us know what song you do end up using.

"Lost in the Moment" - Big & Rich
    "She's Everything (To Me)" - Brad Paisley
    "Like Red on a Rose" - Alan Jackson
    "A Woman's Love" - Alan Jackson
    "Right on the Money" - Alan Jackson
    "Two fo a Kind (Workin' On A Full House)" - Garth Brooks
    "Stealin Cinderella" - can't think of the dude's name at the moment but he's a country artist

yeah I'm a bit of a Country fan.

Custom Title
    I suppose it's a bit over the top, but how about "Holding Out for a Hero," by Bonnie Tyler?

There's a beautiful quiet love song by Springsteen, "If I Should Fall Behind."

Both of the above are on YouTube.

Something I can't seem to find on YouTube anymore is Prince's "The Arms of Orion," a sublime love song that has absolutely no connection to the movie it was written for--the first Tim Burton Batman film. Doubtless you're cleverer than I about finding other music sites to search.

Judy Collins sings a lovely song called "Prothalamium," again not on YouTube but maybe on one of the other sites that I'm not connected to.

Has anyone suggested "At Last My Love Has Come Along"? It has a soul vibe that would work with "You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman."

Can't think of anything else at the moment. Good luck with your creation!

I'm not too knowledgeable about the country music genre, but how about Kenny Rodgers "Through the Years" (in the country crossover genre)? Also, his duet with Dolly Parton, "Islands in the Stream?"

First thought to my mind is From This Moment On with Shania Twain and Paul Boyd. Of course it is not that original to use but there is a good reason. Fits a wedding like "it was made for one.

This is the "crossover" of country to country western.

Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    "Stealin Cinderella" - can't think of the dude's name at the moment but he's a country artist
    I think that's by Chuck Wicks.

^ you're right!

Custom Title
    I thought of another possibility: "Bless the Broken Road" (or possibly it's called "God Bless the Broken Road"), a country song by Rascal Flatts. The first time I actually heard it was on American Idol, when Rascal Flatts sang it with Carrie Underwood, and I love the harmony they did together. Both versions are available on YouTube. Its basic idea is that the singer is grateful for the "broken road" of early disappointments that ended up leading him/her to the person who was the true love. So it's a great song for a relatively late marriage, I'd think.

John Denver had lots of country-folksy tunes like, "Rocky Mountain High"........42

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Something I can't seem to find on YouTube anymore is Prince's "The Arms of Orion," a sublime love song that has absolutely no connection to the movie it was written for--the first Tim Burton Batman film. Doubtless you're cleverer than I about finding other music sites to search.
    That is one of my favourite Prince songs - it is beautiful - i don't remember it even being in the film, though it is, of course, from teh Batman soundtrack. it was a duet with Sheena Easton.

Ant

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    "Could I Have This Dance For The Rest Of My Life" sung by Anne Murray comes to mind...

http://www.allthelyrics.com/lyrics/a...s-1060785.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater View Post
    "Could I Have This Dance For The Rest Of My Life" sung by Anne Murray comes to mind...

http://www.allthelyrics.com/lyrics/a...s-1060785.html

how about Josh Turners - Your Man, Will you Go With Me
    just couple of his songs came to mind..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast