Emily Hughes gets New SP from David Wilson | Golden Skate

Emily Hughes gets New SP from David Wilson

silverfox

Rinkside
Emily went to Toronto to work with her long time choreographer David Wilson. (Seems like everyone is going to Toronto these days). According to her Twitter http://twitter.com/EmHughes26 - they spent a couple of days in creating her short program. She doesn't give any information about the music she's using this season though. Since there is no mention of the LP it makes me wonder
if she will use Gone With the Wind again.

Apparently she hasn't committed to any pre-season comps, but she will definitely have to do Regionals.

nylynnr

On the Ice
Emily went to Toronto to work with her long time choreographer David Wilson. (Seems like everyone is going to Toronto these days). According to her Twitter http://twitter.com/EmHughes26 - they spent a couple of days in creating her short program. She doesn't give any information about the music she's using this season though. Since there is no mention of the LP it makes me wonder
if she will use Gone With the Wind again.

Apparently she hasn't committed to any pre-season comps, but she will definitely have to do Regionals.

Emily is listed as competing in the Lake Placid competition, which is coming up June 25. (Being listed and actually competing, of course, are two different things.) Samantha Cesario and Tamar Katz are also listed. Kendall Wyckoff (no surprise) and Christine Mozer are listed for junior ladies.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Emily is listed as competing in the Lake Placid competition, which is coming up June 25. (Being listed and actually competing, of course, are two different things.)
For what it's worth, I've heard that Emily Hughes most likely will NOT compete in Lake Placid this month.

silverfox

Rinkside
For what it's worth, I've heard that Emily Hughes most likely will NOT compete in Lake Placid this month.

I think that would be a good decision on Emily's part. She has a lot of ground to make up and there's no need for her to put it out there until she's got her jumps back and feels ready to compete. Let's hope she stays injury free.

I didn't realize that Samantha had moved up to Senior's. I like her skating a lot and I hope she has a good year. Hope to see her at Mids and North Atlantic.

TtonyV7

On the Ice
Good to see Hughes still battling it out, despite not being my favorite skater. It'll be a delight if she can recover some of her old self back, qualify for nationals and finish in the top ten.

maoyuna

Rinkside
Hmm... I'll be going to the "Skate for Life" show in Columbus, OH on June 20th. Maybe she will debut the program there to get a feel for it early on? That would be great! And I'm taking video. ;)

silverfox

Rinkside
Good to see Hughes still battling it out, despite not being my favorite skater. It'll be a delight if she can recover some of her old self back, qualify for nationals and finish in the top ten.

Hughes doesn't get a lot of attention now because the sport has moved on since she and Meissner were the top US ladies and because it's unlikely that the best of Emily (Emily's LP at 2007 Nats) would land her in the top six this season. But then again, figure skating is totally unpredictable.

Not a fan of Emily but - Go Emily give it your best shot.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I thought Emily said she was going to focus on college and maybe collegiate skating this year? Seems odd she would spend all that money and time in getting a program chreographed by the great David Wilson if she was not trying to make an olympic run.

hongligl

Final Flight
I saw Emily and David Wilson last weekend. I was thinking to say Hi to both of them but they were so concentrated on their work that I felt it would be really rude to interupt. It's very interesting to watch David work. His expression and movement are so expressive and elegant that I believe few skaters can really reproduce. Emily looked really lovely. Best wishes for her!

antmanb

Record Breaker
I thought Emily said she was going to focus on college and maybe collegiate skating this year? Seems odd she would spend all that money and time in getting a program chreographed by the great David Wilson if she was not trying to make an olympic run.

I think it's been reported here on GS (I think there was an article too) saying that Emily is taking a year off from school and concentrating on skating and will be doing regionals.

Ant

silverfox

Rinkside
I think it's been reported here on GS (I think there was an article too) saying that Emily is taking a year off from school and concentrating on skating and will be doing regionals.

Ant

There's been no print article about Emily taking a year off from school, but since Emily mentioned it on a Harvard comedy video one didn't know whether to take it seriously or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC34SsX3cfM&fmt=18

silverfox

Rinkside
Interesting tweet from Emily

doing a lot of cardio training now, but will incorporate some weights soon...incorporating Harvard is another story haha

So is she or isn't she taking a year off from school? What does the haha at the end mean?