At the TEB, will Cohen be able to pull a clean 3-3? | Golden Skate

At the TEB, will Cohen be able to pull a clean 3-3?

Will Sasha be able to pull a clean 3-3 at the TEB Short?

• ...make her first 3-3 attempt at the TEB short program a clean one.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • ...be not so successful unfortunately.

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • ...go for a 3-2 on the sheet and play safe.

Votes: 51 75.0%

• Total voters

jaws12345

Match Penalty
Whether Cohen can pull a clean 3-3 will be a big factor determining whether she can be a serious threat to the top ladies such as Yu-Na and Mao.

I would bet my imaginary $100 that Cohen will

...make her first 3-3 attempt at the TEB short program a clean one.

...be not so successful unfortunately.

...go for a 3-2 on the sheet and play safe.

My money goes to the first choice; I think she's got it. I can't wait to see that happening with my own eyes!

Last edited:

jaws12345

Match Penalty
Whatever makes you think that? Have you seen her doing them successfully recently? She's never landed one in competition in her life, and seems most unlikely to do so now.

To be honest, I don't think so either - and I have plenty of imaginary money I can waste. :) However, it would still be nice to see that happening so that we have a nice, tight competition with added heat from Sasha. :cool:

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Even if she is training them, and even if they are really that consistant by the first week in october, no way will she put it in the short. We might see it in the free.

LeCygne

Final Flight
I think she'll feel pressure to put it in, especially with everyone saying she doesn't have the technical goods to compete the likes of Mao and Yu-Na. I don't doubt that she can do it, but it's one thing to do it in practice and another to do it in competition.

Particle Man

Match Penalty
She'll just be finding her competition legs again. She's not going to try anything crazy. She doesn't even care about going to GPF, the GP is just practice for her.

rtureck

Final Flight
She'll just be finding her competition legs again. She's not going to try anything crazy. She doesn't even care about going to GPF, the GP is just practice for her.

IMO she never had competition legs. IMO even if she can pull off 3/3 that does not guarantee that she will be competitive against Mao or YuNa

Scout

Final Flight
While I wish she'll land a clean 3-3, I don't think it will happen. Nerves/pressure from her first competition back will prevent her from landing it, if she does attempt it.
However, I'll be rooting for her...I hope she proves me wrong!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
that was 2002-2004 that she was in several fluffs doing a quad... she even attempted one, IIRC, at Skate America or something like that. well before I was interested in her skating.