Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The 2009 Worlds Gold Medalists at the 2010 Olympics

IMHO, the Oly Skate Dance podium Results will be the 3 of the leading couples from the most recent worlds plus the absent couple: Del/Sch,Dom/Shab, B/A and V/M. Of course, this is barring injuries or illness beforehand.

Since there already is an American couple at least most probable on the podium, D/W will just have to wait.

Several other exceptional teams will not make it. This is not a prediction, but a real possible fact. Skate Dance is set in its ways. No surprises ever. Only the gold is tough to predict among the top 4, but I think it will go to Dom/Shab - not my choice but just what I expect.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by delobelfan30 View Post
    Shen/Zhou if they return better than ever are the only threats to S/S. Pang/Tong and the Zhangs could never beat the Germans unless they completely bomb like they did at the GPF. I am not just talking a couple mistakes, but one mistake after another sort of meltdown.

In the dance I see Domnina/Shabalin, Delobel/Schoenfelder, and Virtue/Moir the only teams capable of winning. I could see Belbin/Agosto, Davis/White, or Khohklova/Novitski (if DomShabs are hurt) medal but not win.
    Probably true. I just bring it up because both Chinese teams have beaten S/S in individual programs (Zhangs at 2008 worlds short program, Pang/Tong at the Grand Prix Final in 08/09). I don't think they will lose to either of them and I agree that they are the heavy favourites.

Anyway, it does seem most people agree: S/S and Kim are the most likely to repeat their victories with D/S and Lysacek a lot iffier.

On the Ice
    Well, I don't think that the French team will win, they have to work very hard, and just 4 mounth is not enough to achive the best conditions. As I see Virtue and Moir have the biggest chanse to win. Belebin and Agosto are good, but not enoght I guess 2nd place again. Than Domnina and Shabalni, Maxim is injured.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Eszterbeszti View Post
    Well, I don't think that the French team will win, they have to work very hard, and just 4 mounth is not enough to achive the best conditions. As I see Virtue and Moir have the biggest chanse to win. Belebin and Agosto are good, but not enoght I guess 2nd place again. Than Domnina and Shabalni, Maxim is injured.
    Maxim has not re-injured his leg. the reason for their pulling out of grand prix was mostly precautionary as the doctors felt they need to do some more tests.

It makes perfect sense for them to pull out of Grand prix events and concentrate on Europeans and Olympics, after all from last year we know judges have a poor memory of who won the Grand Prix finals, since they ignored them at the european and then totally european champs were left in the cold at the worlds.

I believe after cup of Russia, they are back in USA and training under Linichuk, this was at least their plan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2