Yagudin Verifies Relationship with Totmyanina in Interview | Golden Skate

Yagudin Verifies Relationship with Totmyanina in Interview

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
There have been rumours, but until now, no corroboration by Alexei Yagudin or Tatyana Totmyanina about their relationship. The AYDG has presented the URL and their translation for an interview with Alexei about this topic, a telephone interview, featured in a publication which the AYDG board owner says is not a tabloid. She apparently thinks this interview is the real thing, and I trust her judgement about this, so I am presenting the URL for the interview here.

The original article is at:

http://www.uc.kr.ua/fresh/4475/

Perhaps Ptichka will do her own translation for us ;) . That would be lovely (hint, hint).

I agreed that all speculation should wait until the couple was ready to speak to the press about their plans. Alexei makes a very good point in this interview, about premature publicity having a bad effect on his past relationships. I am glad they took their time to speak about it, and I am very, very happy for both of them. Alyosha is going to be a papa!!!!!! :biggrin: :love:

Last edited:

Hiara80

On the Ice
so is't true or not?
we read about Yag's weddings once a year!:biggrin:
if it's true i'm very happy for them!

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
so is't true or not?
we read about Yag's weddings once a year!:biggrin:
if it's true i'm very happy for them!

I did not mean to give that impression, sorry. The interview did not seem specific about their marrying, only about the pregnancy. I think we have to wait and see about the rest.

Last edited:

skateskate

Rinkside
If I got it right (I read Russian version of the interview), the Alexei's answer to a question on wedding was, "we are expecting children, so, of course, we will register (our marriage)". :)

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I always knew I didn't like that chick for a reason...:scowl:

(and no, envy isn't one of my better traits... but all the best to the little family...)

hongligl

Final Flight
There is an old saying that when you can't say something nice, say nothing. But I like Yagudin and :scratch: why this happened They did not appear to be the same type or maybe they are. Anyways, congratulations for the baby, must be a hell of a competitor:)

Hikaru

Final Flight
There is an old saying that when you can't say something nice, say nothing. But I like Yagudin and :scratch: why this happened They did not appear to be the same type or maybe they are. Anyways, congratulations for the baby, must be a hell of a competitor:)

lol you just read my mind! but congrats to the father-to-be.... and the mother of course.

John King

Final Flight
Those two crazy lovebirds! (and I mean that as a compliment). I wish them and Juniors-to-be 1 & 2 a happy future.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight

You said what a lot of people must be thinking.

My opinion is that it's hard to judge a person just on a few interviews and stuff. Tatiana always came across as a cold, harsh person. But it's not because you're cold that you're a bad person ( I should know - I make the avarage ice-rink look boiling-hot!). That even more so as English is not Tatiana's native language, so sometimes people who express themselves in a language other than their own have trouble with expressing themselves as they wish.
I personnaly don't believe that she's all that bad a person - if Alexei's with her then she really must be a great person, plus in the video she seemed a lot more relaxed and smily than usual. Also I saw some pics from a "Champions on ice" tour a few years ago and she seemed to really get on with Johnny Weir, whom I can't see getting on with nasty (in the British sense of the word) people.

Often cold and shy people come off as being nasty or stuck-up, which isn't always true. Being just like that, I feel a need to stick-up for Tatiana.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
^ I agree. Tatiana always seemed very shy to me. Plus, the language barrier has to be a little frustrating.
I can be extremely shy , and it bothers me that some people just think that I'm stuck up.

Simone

Match Penalty
I was about to post that same thing... just imagine if Liza has Alyosha's eyes... she'd surely be beautiful and loved seeing who her parents are... best of wishes to the happy couple... :)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Germanice, thanks for posting those pics. It did make me sad to see them with that dog...whatever happened to Lawrie???