Angela's Programs | Golden Skate

Angela's Programs

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
I just read this on her website in the newsroom (www.nikodinov.com):

Angela will be reprising her Just For You SP and Giselle LP. She had new programs choreographed by Oksana Grishuk which she loved. However, coach Igor Paskevich felt she should use more familiar programs as learning new programs might inhibit her full recovery from surgery.

On one hand I am a bit disappointed, but then again I'm happy to see her skating again and these programs are beautiful. This also makes sense in regards to Jennifer Robinson skating to Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun for her LP this year, although it does seem a bit odd for Lori Nichol to use it for Angela one year then give it to Jennifer the following year. I'm sure their programs are different.

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
I don't care what Angela skates to as long as she is enjoying herself (and let's us know that wants to be out there - just crack a smile, Angela, just once. Please!!). It'd be great if this were the year of Angela.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
so she HAS left Frank... hmmmmmmm I have a feeling that this change will be good... she seems to do well with a more "Russian Flair" style of skating/coaching

Herm - Debusy is so lyrical. It takes a special skater to do justice to Afternoon of a Faun. Other than Janet Lynn, I think Ilia Klimkin gave a remarkable one for a guy.

JayRo has a wonderful elegant style but the music to me, is far too lyrically myterious for her. But hey, I can be wrong.

I don't remember ever seeing Angela do it. She too, imo, is one of the elegant skaters. I hope I can see it at some point.

joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think she only used it once in competition?

Yuka Sato had a beautiful program with that music as well :)