Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Johnny Weir - new journal entry

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Trust me, no editor or ghostwriter comes up with stuff like this. It's arch-Johnny, and brilliant, as always. I laughed out loud at least three times!

Two things jumped out at me:

Not a single mention of Evan. That Worlds Gold crushed him. I hope to God he can get his inner warrior going this summer.

His interest in being a goodwill ambassador to Korea. And maybe Russia. He would be literally the funniest ambassador ever.

Overall: what a wonderful guy. I can't help lovin' that man!

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Not a single mention of Evan. That Worlds Gold crushed him. I hope to God he can get his inner warrior going this summer.
    I don't think he mentioned any American skaters; really anyone other than Yu-Na, and with all due respect to Evan Lysacek, her performance at Worlds had more of a wow factor. To me it reads like Johnny just needed to get away from the US figure skating scene for a bit. IIRC, after Worlds he said he was happy for Evan or proud of him (or something like that), but very jealous. Which is a very Johnny thing to say .

Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    Don't you think he writes like how he talks? I think it's his own writing. He is very good at expressing himself in writing, and in talking.

It's always entertaining to read his journals.
    I'm not saying he didn't draft the journal. Just wondering if there might be another writer/editor involved. I don't know but I understand his fans assuming it's total Johnny,.

btw, what does Evan have to do with this topic? He's the World Champion - over and out.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I don't think he mentioned any American skaters; really anyone other than Yu-Na
    He did mention Evan, though not Lysacek, but Bates

Really enjoyed this entry.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I'm not saying he didn't draft the journal. Just wondering if there might be another writer/editor involved. I don't know but I understand his fans assuming it's total Johnny,.

btw, what does Evan have to do with this topic? He's the World Champion - over and out.
    Are you sure you're not just trying to stir up some drama, for drama's sake?!

No one is going about questioning the veracity of others' journal entries, yet Johnny's must be an elaborate conspiracy. Sometimes a spade is just a spade.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    johnny is drama queen ( i mean it in good way, is there a word i can use?) on his own, he doesnt need exta drama. Thats why I love him! And he brings his personality on ice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2