Anybody dressing up for Halloween? | Golden Skate

Anybody dressing up for Halloween?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Any new ideas for costumes ? Our woman's club is doing a haunted courtyard and giving out hot chocolate on trick or treat night (Thursday) which calls for the witch type thing and is rather easy. On Halloween night (Friday) we are having a masquerade ball for Girl Scouts with a Hollywood theme and the adults are dressing up too. We are supposed to dress either as a character from a movie or a movie star so this one is tougher. Help!

Piel

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Thanks! The adults are leaning more in the line of old or classic Hollywood (kids get a history leason thrown in). One of my friends who is also a leader is doing the MM white halter dress thing. After "a certain age" it gets more difficult. Two of the girls in my middle school troop are coming as Roxie and Velma from Chicago, and two of my moms are coming as the Blues brothers...not sure which Belushi though LOL. My neice who is STILL going through her goth phase is dressing as Lydia from Beetlejuice.

Piel

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
My husband's boss is having a costume party and the theme is "Rock Star" or "Hollywood Star". I am going as Marilyn Monroe and my husband is going a Groucho Marx. I do have a "I Love Lucy" costume and wig that is really funny, but I let my husband choose which one I should go as and you guessed it he choose Marilyn:rolleye: I have the wig, the dress, and the shoes. Now the only thing that I need are some fake boobs:laugh:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
My mother showed up EARLY this morning with gold lame and sequined material (I feel like Anne Patrice LOL)and her sewing machine. She was at JoAnn fabrics and has decided that I will go as Elizabeth Taylor as Cleopatra. We finally compromised on aqua for the top instead of so much gold. I hate yellow/gold shades, especially on me. One reason may be that as children mother always dressed me (dark hair/green eyes) in yellow... YUCK and my sister Karen (blond hair/blue eyes) in blue. Back to the TV room which is now the fitting room. My Mountaineers :love: are playing Rutgers so I'm trying to watch the game too. GO WEST VIRGINIA!!!

Piel

Now all you need is the million bucks in 1960-dollars for doing "Cleo" that Liz got. That and some of her real bling bling should keep you set quite nicely. Great choice. Good ol' Mom!
Rgirl