Thread: Not sure I'm all that bright...

Not sure I'm all that bright...

So I'm working two jobs this summer. I work an 8-5 job M-F as the receptionist for the Local Census Office in Anchorage (the only office for the entire state!) and then on the weekends I am needed I work at the Wildride Sled Dog Rodeo (same summer job I've had the last three years). Tonight we are under severe thunder shower warnings, but the show must go on! So I worked the audio while lightning went off across the river from us (and it's really more of a creek than a river!) and thunder rumbled.

Wasn't as much fun as LAST year's storm that hit without warning, but still... it's never dull...

and yes the pups are oh so cute again this year!

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    As second jobs go that one sure sounds like fun, with or without thunder and lightning!

As for your smarts, I'm sure they'd kick in and tell you if you were being asked to work in a truly unsafe setting. But then I don't know Alaskan thunderstorms.

The Census job sounds like a valuable experience too, if less delightful. You sound almost too busy for GS!

shhhhhh don't tell! (actually I get online when I'm not working and veg for a couple of hours before bed - or before work, like right now lol)

Custom Title
    By the way, what ever happened to that volcano of yours?

she blew off and on for a few months... now the threat level was lowered today to where we're not on any sort of alert. She's been quiet for about two (?) months... *shrugs* nothing huge to worry about