RIP Billy Mays | Golden Skate

RIP Billy Mays

icedancingnut31

On the Ice
We have lost a fourth star this week, Billy Mays, the really obnoxious guy with a beard from infomercials who advertises everything from stain remover to health insurance. Although he got to be really annoying at times since he was always yelling and had a super loud voice, his one of a kind infomercials will be missed

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think they said he was 50 years old, very young to die.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well, as much as he may have annoyed some people, he's definitely an icon in his field... I remember his infomercials even more than the Ronco ones...

they're saying he may have died of a concussion after a very bad flight home the night before... weird.

Particle Man

Match Penalty
What in the !@%$ is going on???

I have to admit I hated the guy's voice at first. Then I started watching "Pitchmen" on discovery channel, because it came on after Mythbusters. I still hated his voice... :laugh: ... for a while, but it grew on me, and now I am sure I will miss it. But I also came to respect his personality and the things he did for others. He supported products he believed in, he wasn't just a soulless salesman but in fact someone with a lot of class. He was also from Pittsburgh, where I was born and have lived almost all my life. So, RIP Billy...

P.S. -- this shows yet again that people have to get serious about head injuries. I don't care how "hard" you think your head is. If you're feeling "weird" after a head impact, get it checked out, or you might be checking out...

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I've seen a few episodes of Pitchmen, and really grew to like Billy. Listened to an interview with Sully (Anthony Sullivan), last night, and he could barely talk from choking up. Apparently they've known each other since 93', and were best friends.

The autopsy report said it was his heart that gave out.
I don't know if it had anything to contribute to the heart prob, but he'd been taking a weight loss pill that he was selling. Makes me wonder.

Particle Man

Match Penalty
God, are you serious? All of those weight loss pills are trouble.

Ever wonder why people get fat-clogged arteries and never fat-clogged veins? It's because your body uses cholesterol as "patch" material to quickly seal any damage to the artery (and arteries & valves feel most of the stress of the heart pumping.) Once it's patched, the body can heal it more properly. But a lot of those weight-loss drugs eliminate cholesterol from your bloodstream -- no patch material -- heart valves get damaged, can't get patched and they burst. I would never use a weight-loss drug.

This stuff isn't hard to figure out. The FDA just doesn't care.

icedancingnut31

On the Ice
I have heard from a nutritionist that Alli actually works though. What weight loss pill did Billy Mays endorse? That guy endorsed so many things, everything from Oxiclean to a burger maker. I have never seen pitchmen so I only know him from his infomercials, which can be extremely annoying since he is so loud and always yelling. Normally I mute the tv when his ads come on because they give me a headache. But I will miss those ads now. According to the autopsy he died from heart disease. To you guys who like him on here, I admire you, I think there are more people who are annoyed by Billy Mays than there are who like him.

heyang

Record Breaker
Add Gale Storms and Fred Travalena to the list of 'celebrities who passed away. She was a radio star and had a couple of successful shows in the early days of TV. He was a comedian who appeared on the Tonight Show on occassion.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I guess my feeling is - why trash a guy when he's dead? you get your wish, he's forever on mute.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Didn't know Gale Storm had died. I remember her a lot. If I had a remember, I'd tell you what she did.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: