Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Which skating moves do you hate?

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonlightSkater View Post
    I don't dislike backspins, per se, but I often have the same problem. For some reason I have a really hard time maintaining my weight over the outside of the ball of my foot, and thus my weight falls to the inside and it becomes a forward inside edge. Very frustrating trying to fix this problem as it's not a natural position and I think I have a more neutral center ingrained from dance. Additionally, I learned the skill incorrectly without realizing, so now I have the fun of trying to fix it. :sheesh:
    It's getting better since I started privates. Painful process to tear things.apart but I now see signs of improvement!!! Before I did not even know the difference between inside and outside edges in this spin because until recently, I never hit the outside edge lol. Over skatingforums people also gave me extremely helpful grills to build muscle memory and I warm up backspins with it

Custom Title

0 Not allowed!
    My problem with backspins is I'm more likely to get too far over the outside and not be able to spin at all.

0 Not allowed!
    Anything that involves baring the patch of fabric between the legs for all to see ... blurry or not.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5