Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Michelle Kwan skating at Yu-Na's ice show in Korea

Custom Title

Michelle Kwan skating at Yu-Na's ice show in Korea

Yu Na invites, Michelle accepts...Kwan skates

Michelle Kwan to perform at 'Ice All STARS' featuring Kim Yu Na

IB Sports, Yu-Na's management agency has announced that Michelle Kwan will perform two gala programs for the show, sponsored by Samsung. Kwan was invited by Kim after their meeting at the World Championships this past March in Los Angeles. The Korean news article at XSportsNews.com said Kwan decided to accept Yu Na's invitation because she was very excited for the opportunity to skate with her.

"I am really glad to skate at Ice All Stars 2009 in Korea. I am really excited to appear on this special stage with talented skaters. I am really looking forward to skate with Yu-Na in her home country, Korea." said MK through IB Sports.

After hearing this news, Yu-Na excitedly said "I have admired Kwan since I was young. It's really an honor for me to skate with her on the same stage".

Samsung's Ice All STARS will take place August 14 - 16 in Seoul.

http://kwantifiable.xanga.com/706169010/item/
    Last edited by ehdtkqorl123; 07-02-2009 at 01:09 AM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    im jealous of korean fans now!

On the Ice
    thank you for the news!!!!!!!!! The Kween will rise again!

And so it begins - does this signal "The Return of The Kween?"

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    The return of the King needs the return of the Kween!
    I havent seen Michelle skating for a long time!

Custom Title
    In the article, it says Kwan accepted the invitation because she was really excited to skate with Yu-Na. I think that explains why MK chose to come back in Korea.

Custom Title
    Great news indeed! Can't help but wonder now especially if the TBD 3rd ladies spot at Skate America will give me a chance to see one of my all time favorites in a live competition for the first time. If it please the let it be!

Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    In the article, it says Kwan accepted the invitation because she was really excited to skate with Yu-Na. I think that explains why MK chose to come back in Korea.

Yes, that is true. And the payday will most likely be HUGE!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Yes, that is true. And the payday will most likely be HUGE!
    Agree.

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    I'm over the moon right now

Banned
    Besides the all-star cast such as Shephan Lambiel, Savchenko+Szolkowy and of course newly added Ms. Kwan, the show itself is going to be a great one; according to IB Sports' earlier press releases, they will incorporate live orchestra music as well as some "state of the art" special effects into the show. They are also planning on throwing some dance competition among the skaters as well as a few "surprises" that involve audience participation along with it (dance with Michelle?). This show's title sponsor is Samsung, with which Yu-na Kim has a few endorsement contracts, and the company said they will make sure that they help put together a world's top class show.
    Last edited by jaws12345; 07-02-2009 at 02:08 AM.

Tripping on the Podium
    WOW!
    I can't believe my eyes!

All this show needs is to invite Katerina Witt and bring Sinja Henie back from the dead and then they'll have the four greatest lady skaters ever!

Quote Originally Posted by NatachaHatawa View Post
    All this show needs is to invite Katerina Witt and bring Sinja Henie back from the dead and then they'll have the four greatest lady skaters ever!
    Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves here? Kim won one World Championship so far and I have yet to see her win with two clean performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Aren't we getting ahead of ourselves here? Kim won one World Championship so far and I have yet to see her win with two clean performances.
    Possibly, though I really think that Yu-Na will be considered as one of these great skaters, whether she wins more gold medals or not. The magic of her performances and the way she beats every record will guarantee her a place in ice-skating history.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast