Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 151

Thread: Michelle Kwan skating at Yu-Na's ice show in Korea

  1. #46
    Custom Title antmanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    UK - Manchester
    Posts
    4,913
    Quote Originally Posted by visaliakid View Post
    As for Kwan being a tease? Hardly! It's called smart business, keep silent, study the possibilities, collect the facts, evaluate and make the best decision, both personally and professionally. That's being a savvy professional regardless of one's profession.
    I don't think the two are mutually exclusive concepts though. Making the best decision personally and professionally? Absolutely. Is the result of that that she's being a tease? Absolutely!

    Ant

  2. #47
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    Quote Originally Posted by visaliakid View Post
    I do find it somewhat disconcerting that all the reporting so far is from Korean Media...including tonight two video reports from Korean TV (posted on YouTube). So far, not a single word of confirmation from Michelle, her agent or from any U.S. Media stating that they have obtained confirmation of her acceptance of Kim's invitation. We only get quotes from Kwan from Korean media. I wonder!!!
    It's as I say all-very-Kwan-like, and your previous post giving the rationale of secret practicing is excellent.

  3. #48
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,055
    I don't know why you guys dont believe Michelle will skate in Korea.
    Why doubt it.
    Just because nothing being said in the US, that is partly why--it isn't in the US and please remember the US figure skating establishment doesn't like me, they just used her. otherwise they would have Cheated for her like they did, Tara, Sarah, Sasha, kristi etc.
    Michelle doesn't have her own website to verify it through. the US papers won't carry anything about another country's skating show because the US skating shows aren't doing that good. Also she isn't with IMG the US/ISu skating show promoters so the USfsa, Icenetwork won't say a word about Michelle.
    Outside of Korea, there is no way we would know about this.
    Also because Michelle hasn't said one way or the other about returning. The us is going to mum.
    beside they us want sasha back not michelle.

  4. #49
    Custom Title antmanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    UK - Manchester
    Posts
    4,913
    Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    I don't know why you guys dont believe Michelle will skate in Korea.
    Why doubt it.
    Just because nothing being said in the US, that is partly why--it isn't in the US and please remember the US figure skating establishment doesn't like me, they just used her. otherwise they would have Cheated for her like they did, Tara, Sarah, Sasha, kristi etc.
    Michelle doesn't have her own website to verify it through. the US papers won't carry anything about another country's skating show because the US skating shows aren't doing that good. Also she isn't with IMG the US/ISu skating show promoters so the USfsa, Icenetwork won't say a word about Michelle.
    Outside of Korea, there is no way we would know about this.
    Also because Michelle hasn't said one way or the other about returning. The us is going to mum.
    beside they us want sasha back not michelle.

    Seriously, have you considered help for you constand boo-hooing?

    Kwan doesn't have any regrets about her career, so you certainly shouldn't.

    Ant

  5. #50
    Custom Title heyang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    3,207
    Quote Originally Posted by dkyoun View Post
    2 of them were taken by me.
    Even they were the first row.

    I already visited the arena and marked the best seat out !!!
    All I have to do is to take the seat and I am quiet good at it.

    Ooooops.. sorry for MKF but I will greet Kwan the Queen with applause.
    Can't wait to hear your impressions after the show!! Please be sure to post about it!

  6. #51
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,221
    This is good news, it actually looks like Michelle may take one more stab at it, which I think is a good idea. No regrets, Michelle, no regrets.

  7. #52
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,055
    Ant

    No, I don't need help, you guys are just disappointed because I don't agree with you
    I point out different possible reasons. You can like it or not.
    That is what a discussion is about different opinions, thoughts and reasons,

    I dont say alot of what I disagree with the group, but to each his/her own.
    It is more than possible that the US media won't print something up about a skating show in another country. Why should they what is the profit for the US in that and or reason why they should.

  8. #53
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by fairly4 View Post
    Ant

    No, I don't need help, you guys are just disappointed because I don't agree with you
    I point out different possible reasons. You can like it or not.
    That is what a discussion is about different opinions, thoughts and reasons,

    I dont say alot of what I disagree with the group, but to each his/her own.
    It is more than possible that the US media won't print something up about a skating show in another country. Why should they what is the profit for the US in that and or reason why they should.
    I think earlier a poster mentioned this has not beeen verified by Michelle or her agent in a press release here in the USA. . It was reasonable to point that out.
    I think most posters here and most Michelle fans are happy to hear that she will be back on the ice after such a long hiatus.
    I hope she has a great time in Korea, hope she can establish a nice friendship with Yuna and perhaps have a chance to talk with Yuna about her experiences as a 5 time WC and 2 time Olympic medalist.
    It would be nice to see Yuna, Sasha and Michelle all on the ice together at SA. Maybe it will happen and maybe it won't. For now it is great news that Michelle will be skating a Gala in Korea. It would be just as great if it were in Japan, China, Europe or anywhere in North America.
    Last edited by janetfan; 07-03-2009 at 02:14 PM.

  9. #54
    L'art pour l'art Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,752
    I find the whole thing a bit - overdone? Come on, the Kween didn't consider it necessary till now to delight audiences with her mad skillz, but now she will - and she is going to do that in Korea, the home of the new Queen of Figure Skating, the heavenly Yu-Na Kim. It is like before nobody was good enough, but Kim apparently is and now the Kween will pass the torch to the new Queen. It's all so romantic, and touching. Like a Sissi movie.

    (Asada Mao for Olympic Champion!)

  10. #55
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    It's all so romantic, and touching.
    It is! It is!

    Like a Sissi movie

  11. #56
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    oh i loved sissi movie, it reminds me of christmas!

  12. #57
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    oh i loved sissi movie, it reminds me of christmas!
    I like Christmas - it reminds me of Yuna singing in her Santa costume

  13. #58
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,429
    Shep Goldberg confirmed the news today -- link to the AP newswire article: http://www.fox4kc.com/sports/sns-ap-...,1424705.story

  14. #59
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    311
    Now, is everyone satisfied? lol

  15. #60
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    16,021
    Hooray!

    Now I only hope that a film clip of her performance will become available.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •