Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Michelle Kwan skating at Yu-Na's ice show in Korea

Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    Now, is everyone satisfied? lol
    How satisfied!

"Michelle has turned down other invitations, but she and Yu-na have a mutual admiration society going," Shep Goldberg said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    How satisfied!

Don't you have anything more festive like a "marching band" smilie?

Custom Title
    "Michelle has turned down other invitations, but she and Yu-na have a mutual admiration society going," Shep Goldberg said.
    I really like this statement.. A kid who used to imitate her heroine's skating on TV is now going to skate with her in real.. What an amazing moment..

Eien.
    yay michelle kwan

Although I'm really happy about the possibility of seeing Kwan skate again, I'll believe it when I see it for real (although an AP atricle makes me a little bit more of a believer).
    I totally fell for that at the Lambiel thread at FSU, so I'm going to be more cautious now.

Quote Originally Posted by beep_beep View Post
    I totally fell for that at the Lambiel thread at FSU, so I'm going to be more cautious now.
    I fell for that one too...

^ But Stephane really is going to be at this one, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_All_Stars

Custom Title
    IB Sports hasn't announced the complete, official roster for the show yet. The official site doesn't have any info on it yet but here's the link: http://www.iceallstars.co.kr/

This looks like a promotional video for Yu-Na's show in August that may include a few recent clips of her speaking to the camera from Toronto: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMJQBjSuaqI

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    ^ But Stephane really is going to be at this one, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_All_Stars
    IB officially announced through press that Stephane will appear at the show.
    Last edited by ehdtkqorl123; 07-03-2009 at 05:01 PM.

Custom Title
    Medusa
    I find the whole thing a bit - overdone? Come on, the Kween didn't consider it necessary till now to delight audiences with her mad skillz, but now she will - and she is going to do that in Korea, the home of the new Queen of Figure Skating, the heavenly Yu-Na Kim. It is like before nobody was good enough, but Kim apparently is and now the Kween will pass the torch to the new Queen. It's all so romantic, and touching.
    Got a problem with that?

Seriously, even me being a fan of Yuna, I don't see it that way. We can't know why Kwan decided to perform in Korea instead of America, but I hope everyone will be glad just because she will perform somewhere.

Sylvia
    Actually there was a little video before, where Yuna said something like "I wonder who's coming this time" (referring to the next ice show). I think it was about Michelle Kwan...

Yes, I found that video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XChaPCYz0H8
    Released approximately 16 of June and first news about Kwan going to Korea came out 1 of Jule. We didn't expect that, really...

I'm sure there is plenty of payola in it for Danny,

If it all takes place, I would like to see a 'sister act' to All That Jazz. With silver fringe skirts and red blouses.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I'm sure there is plenty of payola in it for Danny,

If it all takes place, I would like to see a 'sister act' to All That Jazz. With silver fringe skirts and red blouses.

Can either of those girls skate Jazzy?

Banned
    Kim, Kwan, Cohen, Plushenko, Buttle, Lambiel, Lysacek, Rochette, Savchenko +Szolkowy, Arakawa... It will be memorable two weeks over the two ice shows in Seoul. IB said they will use live orchestra music in their show! Very exciting.

I am positive that if Kwan as well as Sasha will be in the Olympics, if she so chooses. Mark me.

So all our talk about Rachael, Ashley, Caroline, Mirai, Kimmie, Alissa, Becky and Alexe is for nought. No?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast