Michelle Kwan skating at Yu-Na's ice show in Korea | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Michelle Kwan skating at Yu-Na's ice show in Korea

Thank you for all the information, Cosmos.

IMG does seem to have an uncertain relationship with its subsidaries in various countries. I have heard about problems with IMG Japan as well. (IMG Japan represents Mao Asada and Miki Ando.)

IMG in North America has most of the top skaters in the U.S. and Canada, as well as the Scott Hamilton crowd. Kristi Yamaguchi is their client still, in her new career outside of skating.

For some reason Michelle Kwan never felt the need to sign with a big promotion outfit. Her agent, Shep Goldberg, is basically a one-man show.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Thank you for all the information, Cosmos.

For some reason Michelle Kwan never felt the need to sign with a big promotion outfit. Her agent, Shep Goldberg, is basically a one-man show.

Yes, thankyou for the infos cosmos.

Was Michelles's agent one of the original stooges? ;)

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Kwan to skate in South Korea

http://www.universalsports.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23000&ATCLID=3760874

Michelle Kwan will skate before an audience for the first time in three years when she joins world champion Kim Yu-Na in August on the Ice All-Stars 2009 tour in Seoul, South Korea.

The five-time world champion and nine-time U.S. champ has been practicing and working out for most of this year. Her performance in Seoul could be an indication that competitive skating is still a possibility with the Vancouver Olympics looming.

skatingfan5

On the Ice
I don't think that Michelle has ever needed the services of a "big promotion outfit" -- she herself was "big" enough to generate plenty of media buzz. And perhaps at the beginning her family was more comfortable dealing one-on-one with Shep, who would be giving Michelle's career more or less undivided attention. And also perhaps his reputation with former clients was another factor -- after all, he did pretty well by Mary Lou Retton. ;)

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
It will be directed by Brian Orser, and choreography will be very likely done by David Wilson. Also heard that Shae-Lynn Bourne is coming to the show as well. Total 21 world champion titles in total.. lol

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
Yu-Na KIM
Michelle KWAN
Shizuka ARAKAWA
Shae-Lynn BOURNE
Ilia KULIK
Stephane LAMBIEL
Adam RIPPON
Xue SHEN & Hongbo ZHAO
Aliona SHEVCHENKO & Robin SZOLKOWY
Albena DENKOVA & Maxim STAVISKI

so far confirmed

evangeline

Record Breaker
Yu-Na KIM
Michelle KWAN
Shizuka ARAKAWA
Shae-Lynn BOURNE
Ilia KULIK
Stephane LAMBIEL
Adam RIPPON
Xue SHEN & Hongbo ZHAO
Aliona SHEVCHENKO & Robin SZOLKOWY
Albena DENKOVA & Maxim STAVISKI

so far confirmed

Oh, I am this close to buying a plane ticket to Korea....so many of my favourite skaters ever in a single show.

I only wish that this sort of show is possible in the seemingly barren wasteland that is Canada.

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
Oh, I am this close to buying a plane ticket to Korea....so many of my favourite skaters ever in a single show.

I only wish that this sort of show is possible in the seemingly barren wasteland that is Canada.

Haha I TOTALLY agree with you since I am living in Canada as well..... What makes me cry is the fact that I will be visiting Korea for other reasons right one day after the show.. sigh I even missed SOI Canada :(

jaws12345

Match Penalty
Some information posted at the show website:

- there will be a 50-member orchestra feeding live music for the skaters

- 300 + some staff members fielding costumes, light, video effects,
special effects, stage, rink, systems --> I guess they will set up a
side stage by the rink as they did for Festa on Ice.

- some special effects will generate "sailing through waves" images
--> the explanation is not specific enough, but it sounds cool

- Brian Orser as the head producer and David Wilson as the choreographer

- Online ticket sales will begin on July 9th 8:00PM Seoul time.
The ticket site is here:
http://event.gmarket.co.kr/html/200907/090701_ice/ice.htm

- The site says that they will make the show "the one and only." Samsung Electronics, the main sponsor, also said in a press release that they will help the organizers pull a high quality show.

Last edited:

jaws12345

Match Penalty
Online ticket sales have begun yesterday and about 80% of the tickets have been sold for all three shows. Considering the venue holds over 10,000 people per show, I guess the show will be a success. :) A nice comeback stage for Kwan.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Sounds like NBC is planning on taping it to air sometime this fall (or next spring?)