Thread: Is there an official JGP roster yet?

Hybrid View

Is there an official JGP roster yet?

I've searched the ISU site and can't find anything.

Seems bizarre that even though the JGP starts before the SGP there is no news yet. Is there ever an official roster like there is for the SGP?

Ant

We're still waiting with baited(sp) breath.

Joe - do you have any idea when the roster will be out? I just can't seem to find any info on the JGP at all!

Ant

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    do you have any idea when the roster will be out? I just can't seem to find any info on the JGP at all!
    The deadline for the federations submit their JGP entries by name for each event is 31 days before the draw of that particular JGP, which is why there are no "official" rosters published on the JGP page of the ISU site yet (see the 2009-10 Announcement that's linked from that page).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-03-2009 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    The deadline for the federations submit their JGP entries by name for each event is 31 days before the draw of that particular JGP, which is why there are no "official" rosters published on the JGP page of the ISU site yet (see the 2009-10 Announcement that's linked from that page).
    I can't remember from last year, if we get a grid layout of the events, disciplines, and skaters as we do for the SGP.

Custom Title
    The rosters are usually released 4 weeks before the event; so look out towards the end of this month. If by "grid", you mean a chart of the JGP standings for JGPF qualification, then yes, they do post those. The ones from last year are still up on the ISU website. Here's one for the men:

http://www.isufs.org/events/jgp2008/jgpsmen.htm

"Unofficial" Rosters so far:

Hungary
    Men: Takuya Kondo (JPN),
    Ladies: Haruka Imai (JPN), Maria Dikanovic (CRO), Isabel Heintges (GER), Katie Powell (GBR), Fanni Forgo (HUN)
    Dance: Dieck / Zenkner (GER)

USA
    Men: Kento Nakamura (JPN)
    Ladies: Yukiko Fujisawa (JPN), Charlotte Robbins (GBR)
    Pairs: Takahashi/Tran (JPN)

Poland
    Men: Yuzuru Hanyu (JPN)
    Ladies: Kanako Murakami (JPN), Mirna Libric (CRO), Isabel Drescher (GER),
    Pairs: Takahashi/Tran (JPN), Gurdhzi / Voeller (GER)

Germany
    Ladies: Carolin Riesenweber (GER), Isabel Drescher (GER)
    Pairs: Gurdhzi / Voeller (GER
    Dance: Dieck / Zenkner (GER), )

Belarus
    Men: Ryuichi Kihara (JPN),
    Ladies: Yuki Nishino (JPN), Toni Murray (GBR),

US usually announces who'll get what assignment closer to the competition dates, you tend to find out which Russian skaters are there when the start orders get published but in general the closer to the date we'll find out who's going where.
    Last edited by oleada; 07-06-2009 at 10:12 PM.

Custom Title
    No, there is never an official roster for all the JGP events.

The roster for each individual event is due 31 days before the start date of the competition, although there are often updates and changes right up to the actual event.

We should see the roster for JGP Budapest sometime next week, and JGP Lake Placid, the first week of August.

Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Thanks snowflake. These links will be useful.

Custom Title
    The ladies competition is intense! Maxwell, Kawamura (USA), Imai (JPN), Ziegler (AUT) and Shelepen (RUS) are all legitimate medal contenders. I like all these ladies, so it's a shame some of them won't medal. Anna Ovcharova and Rebecca Emmanuelson, on a good day, could do well. I'm encouraged by seeing Scheveleva on the roster as an alternate - she's a lovely skater and I'd love to see her on the JGP.

The dance comp has some really good teams too - Routhier/Saucke-Lacelle, Gilles/Donohue, Ilyinikh/Katsalapov and Alessandrini/Vaturi should be the top contenders, methinks.

There is also Melissa Wang (TPE) and Ivana Reitmayorova (SVK) showed some promise last season.