Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 30 of 30

Thread: Is there an official JGP roster yet?

  1. #16
    Custom Title Joesitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    20,185
    There is also Melissa Wang (TPE) and Ivana Reitmayorova (SVK) showed some promise last season.

  2. #17
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,033
    Reitmayerova is just an alternate at the moment.

    As for Melinda Wang, she is a lovely skater who I enjoy watching, but her PB in a senior competition is from 2008, which was outstanding for her. But she struggled last year and didn't even make the cut for 4CC.

  3. #18
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,033
    For the numbers-minded, I compiled a list of the ladies' personal bests.

    For the ones that didn't have a personal best on record, I used the highest score from a national or other competition. Obviously, these tend to be inflated. For the ones with a personal best from a senior comp., I added an asterisk. The non-official PB scores are in italics.

    147.46 Angela Maxwell USA 2008 JGP GBR
    146.67 Polina Shelepen RUS 2009 Russia Cup Final
    145.00 Haruka Imai JPN 2008 JGP BLR
    144.63 Ellie Kawamura USA 2008 SW Regionals
    *132.39 Anna Ovcharova RUS 2008 NA Panin Memorial

    131.50 Svetlana Issakova EST 2007 JGP GBR
    *124.34 Qiuying Zhu CHN 2008 Chinese National Grand Prix
    124.18 Miriam Ziegler AUT 2008 JGP RSA
    123.85 Mae Berenice Meite FRA 2008 JGP GBR
    123.59 Masha Leonov AZE 2008 SA Regionals
    119.89 Rebecka Emanuelsson SWE 2008 JGP ESP
    *119.58 Melinda Wang TPE 2008 4CC
    106.42 Shira Willner GER 2009 German Junior Nationals
    99.83 Kristina Kostkova CZE 2008 JGP GBR
    99.33 Erle Harstad NOR 2007 JGP BUL
    97.62 Isabel Heintges GER 2008 JGP CZE
    97.05 Karolina Sykorova SVK 2008 JGP ESP
    94.15 Chelse Rose Chiappa HUN 2008 JGP MEX
    90.84 Sila Saygi TUR 2009 Novice Triglav Trophy
    89.91 Patricia Glecsic SLO 2008 JGP ESP
    87.43 Melanie Swang THA 2008 JGP MEX
    86.77 Katie Powell GBR 2007 JGP GBR
    84.51 Alice Garlisi ITA 2008 JGP ITA
    84.42 Rimgaile Meskaite LTU 2008 Novice Coupe de Nice
    81.45 Zanna Pugaca LAT 2008 JGP CZE
    78.77 Fanni Forgo HUN 2008 JGP BLR
    77.70 Sabina Pacquier ROU 2007 Novice Coupe de Nice
    69.28 Anja Chong SIN 2008 JGP GBR
    60.57 Mila Petrovic SRB 2008 JGP BLR

    Feel free to add any corrections.

  4. #19
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    160
    wow, there're a Japanese and two Japanese-Americans.

  5. #20
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,033
    Dance. Non ISU PB in italics.


    159.30 Gilles/Donohue USA 2009 JGP CZE
    155.90 Ilyinikh/Katsalapov RUS 2009 Russia Cup Final
    152.29 Routhier/Saucke-Lacelle CAN 2008 JGP GBR
    145.61 Alessandrini/Vaturi ITA 2009 Junior Worlds
    133.27 Litchman/Copely USA 2009 US Junior Nationals
    131.97 Martins/Chau CAN 2008 JGP CZE
    131.94 Kosygina/Mozgov RUS 2008 Junior NRW Trophy
    124.29 Turoczi/Major HUN 2008 JGP CZE
    121.62 Shtork/Rand EST 2007 JGP EST
    121.53 Zhang/Wu CHN 2008 Chinese Nationals
    119.73 LaFont/Etzol FRA 2009 JGP GER
    114.29 Dieck/Zenkner GER 2009 Junior Worlds
    113.04 Galyeta/Shumski UKR 2009 Junior Worlds
    106.11 Aronow/Pirogov LTU 2008 JGP ESP
    102.82 Kavaleva/Bieliaiev BLR 2008 JGP BLR
    98.73 Aiken/Whidbourne GBR 2009 British Junior Nationals
    98.26 Ila/Majer HUN 2008 Junior NRW Trophy
    95.23 Gassoumi/Pasztory FRA 2008 Junior Masters de Patinage
    Last edited by oleada; 07-30-2009 at 11:37 PM.

  6. #21
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    63

    Gilles/McKearnon

    I believe it was Gilles/Donohue at Czech-hard to break old habits!!

  7. #22
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,033
    Quote Originally Posted by wishonastar View Post
    I believe it was Gilles/Donohue at Czech-hard to break old habits!!
    Omg, you're right. I edited it.

    I tried to look and see which of the ladies have landed a 3F in competition - the required solo jump in the junior SP this season.
    So far, I have:

    Angela Maxwell (USA)
    Haruka Imai (JPN)
    Polina Shelepen (RUS)
    Anna Ovcharova (RUS)
    Svetlana Issakova (EST)

    Miriam Ziegler & Ellie Kawamura have the 3Lz, but have never landed a 3F in competition to my knowledge.
    Last edited by oleada; 07-30-2009 at 11:50 PM.

  8. #23
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    704
    I think most of you might have come across the videos of Russian junior performing at Moscow gala. there are couple of really interesting juniors among the performers. Please check youtube videos by figureskatingvid (this is not my channel, i just happened to find them).

    the actual event happened around 3 months back.
    Last edited by life684; 08-05-2009 at 01:03 AM.

  9. #24
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,033
    I've seen the vids of the show (among others). For the first event:

    Shelepen is really talented, and if she skates clean, I imagine she will do very well. Her jumping technique isn't perfect, but she's got all the jumps and she's landed rotated triple-triple. Good spinner, too. Her Biellman is awesome. However, I hope she has worked on three things over the summer: her edges, her jump technique and getting better choreography and programs! I think she could be a very artistic and expressive skater given the right vehicle, which her programs from last season were definitely not.

    Anna Ovcharova has really weird jumping technique (though she does have the harder jumps) but I adore her expression. She's fun to watch. Don't expect her to medal but should definitely be in the top 10 and even top 5 is not out of the question.

    Ilynyikh/Katsalapov have the it factor, imo. Their programs don't make you think of the elements but of the whole. I like them a lot; I hope they do really well.

  10. #25
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1
    Do you have any video Gilles/Donohue?

  11. #26
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,033
    There should be some on icenetwork, under the archived US Nationals videos.

    You could search YouTube. I can't right now because I am at work and YouTube is blocked.

  12. #27
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,033
    Entries for the third event in Torun, POL are up.

    Some highlights:

    Ladies: Kanako Murakami (JPN) Ivana Reitmayerova (SVK), Isabel Drescher (GER), Lanie Diggs (USA), Kate Charboneau (CAN) & Polina Agafonova (RUS)

    Men: Elladj Balde (CAN), Yuzuru Hanyu (JPN), Artur Gachinski(RUS), Keegan Messing (USA) and Austin Kannallakan (USA)

    Pairs: Jones/Gaskell (CAN), Takahashi/Tran (JPN), Novik/Kuznetsov (RUS), Vasilieva/Shevchuk (RUS) and Andrews/Anderson (USA)

    Dance: Paul/Islam (CAN), Antipova/Kudashev (RUS), Ilynikh/Katsalapov (RUS), Cannuscio/Lorello (USA) and Olson/Cowan (USA).

    Another interesting tidbit is that Victoria Hetch is competing here, in pairs, with Cris Trefil representing Hungary.

  13. #28
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,423
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Entries for the third event in Torun, POL are up.
    Here's the link: http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00011074.htm

  14. #29
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Dance. Non ISU PB in italics.


    159.30 Gilles/Donohue USA 2009 JGP CZE
    155.90 Ilyinikh/Katsalapov RUS 2009 Russia Cup Final
    152.29 Routhier/Saucke-Lacelle CAN 2008 JGP GBR
    145.61 Alessandrini/Vaturi ITA 2009 Junior Worlds
    133.27 Litchman/Copely USA 2009 US Junior Nationals
    131.97 Martins/Chau CAN 2008 JGP CZE
    131.94 Kosygina/Mozgov RUS 2008 Junior NRW Trophy
    124.29 Turoczi/Major HUN 2008 JGP CZE
    121.62 Shtork/Rand EST 2007 JGP EST
    121.53 Zhang/Wu CHN 2008 Chinese Nationals
    119.73 LaFont/Etzol FRA 2009 JGP GER
    114.29 Dieck/Zenkner GER 2009 Junior Worlds
    113.04 Galyeta/Shumski UKR 2009 Junior Worlds
    106.11 Aronow/Pirogov LTU 2008 JGP ESP
    102.82 Kavaleva/Bieliaiev BLR 2008 JGP BLR
    98.73 Aiken/Whidbourne GBR 2009 British Junior Nationals
    98.26 Ila/Majer HUN 2008 Junior NRW Trophy
    95.23 Gassoumi/Pasztory FRA 2008 Junior Masters de Patinage
    In my opionion it's a nonsense to mix ISU and non ISU PB.
    Everybody knows that PB at nationals are higher than in ISU competitions.
    In fact Routhier/Saucke-Lacelle should be second in your list and not third because their PB at Canadan nationals was 163,53.
    Martins/Chau should be 5th and not 6th because their pb at nationals was 141,72
    Dieck/Zenkner had at german nationals a PB of 131,48 so they should be 8th and not 12th. We could say the same for other couples.
    That's the reason why the only valid PB for world standings are ISU ones.

  15. #30
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,033
    Quote Originally Posted by aves View Post
    In my opionion it's a nonsense to mix ISU and non ISU PB.
    Everybody knows that PB at nationals are higher than in ISU competitions.
    In fact Routhier/Saucke-Lacelle should be second in your list and not third because their PB at Canadan nationals was 163,53.
    Martins/Chau should be 5th and not 6th because their pb at nationals was 141,72
    Dieck/Zenkner had at german nationals a PB of 131,48 so they should be 8th and not 12th. We could say the same for other couples.
    That's the reason why the only valid PB for world standings are ISU ones.
    Of course, the nationals scores are inflated and everyone knows that. The only reason I've added those is as a point of reference for teams who had no other scores. I don't expect (and I'm sure no one else does) for teams to score anywhere near that. I added it as matter of interest, when there was no other score and that's why there are in italics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •