Is there an official JGP roster yet? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Is there an official JGP roster yet?

oleada

Record Breaker
I believe it was Gilles/Donohue at Czech-hard to break old habits!!:laugh:

Omg, you're right. :rofl: I edited it.

I tried to look and see which of the ladies have landed a 3F in competition - the required solo jump in the junior SP this season.
So far, I have:

Angela Maxwell (USA)
Haruka Imai (JPN)
Polina Shelepen (RUS)
Anna Ovcharova (RUS)
Svetlana Issakova (EST)

Miriam Ziegler & Ellie Kawamura have the 3Lz, but have never landed a 3F in competition to my knowledge.

Last edited:

life684

Final Flight
I think most of you might have come across the videos of Russian junior performing at Moscow gala. there are couple of really interesting juniors among the performers. Please check youtube videos by figureskatingvid (this is not my channel, i just happened to find them).

the actual event happened around 3 months back.

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
I've seen the vids of the show (among others). For the first event:

Shelepen is really talented, and if she skates clean, I imagine she will do very well. Her jumping technique isn't perfect, but she's got all the jumps and she's landed rotated triple-triple. Good spinner, too. Her Biellman is awesome. However, I hope she has worked on three things over the summer: her edges, her jump technique and getting better choreography and programs! I think she could be a very artistic and expressive skater given the right vehicle, which her programs from last season were definitely not.

Anna Ovcharova has really weird jumping technique (though she does have the harder jumps) but I adore her expression. She's fun to watch. :clap: Don't expect her to medal but should definitely be in the top 10 and even top 5 is not out of the question.

Ilynyikh/Katsalapov have the it factor, imo. Their programs don't make you think of the elements but of the whole. I like them a lot; I hope they do really well.

oleada

Record Breaker
There should be some on icenetwork, under the archived US Nationals videos.

You could search YouTube. I can't right now because I am at work and YouTube is blocked.

oleada

Record Breaker
Entries for the third event in Torun, POL are up.

Some highlights:

Ladies: Kanako Murakami (JPN) Ivana Reitmayerova (SVK), Isabel Drescher (GER), Lanie Diggs (USA), Kate Charboneau (CAN) & Polina Agafonova (RUS)

Men: Elladj Balde (CAN), Yuzuru Hanyu (JPN), Artur Gachinski(RUS), Keegan Messing (USA) and Austin Kannallakan (USA)

Pairs: Jones/Gaskell (CAN), Takahashi/Tran (JPN), Novik/Kuznetsov (RUS), Vasilieva/Shevchuk (RUS) and Andrews/Anderson (USA)

Dance: Paul/Islam (CAN), Antipova/Kudashev (RUS), Ilynikh/Katsalapov (RUS), Cannuscio/Lorello (USA) and Olson/Cowan (USA).

Another interesting tidbit is that Victoria Hetch is competing here, in pairs, with Cris Trefil representing Hungary.

aves

Spectator
Dance. Non ISU PB in italics.

159.30 Gilles/Donohue USA 2009 JGP CZE
155.90 Ilyinikh/Katsalapov RUS 2009 Russia Cup Final
152.29 Routhier/Saucke-Lacelle CAN 2008 JGP GBR
145.61 Alessandrini/Vaturi ITA 2009 Junior Worlds
133.27 Litchman/Copely USA 2009 US Junior Nationals
131.97 Martins/Chau CAN 2008 JGP CZE
131.94 Kosygina/Mozgov RUS 2008 Junior NRW Trophy
124.29 Turoczi/Major HUN 2008 JGP CZE
121.62 Shtork/Rand EST 2007 JGP EST
121.53 Zhang/Wu CHN 2008 Chinese Nationals
119.73 LaFont/Etzol FRA 2009 JGP GER
114.29 Dieck/Zenkner GER 2009 Junior Worlds
113.04 Galyeta/Shumski UKR 2009 Junior Worlds
106.11 Aronow/Pirogov LTU 2008 JGP ESP
102.82 Kavaleva/Bieliaiev BLR 2008 JGP BLR
98.73 Aiken/Whidbourne GBR 2009 British Junior Nationals
98.26 Ila/Majer HUN 2008 Junior NRW Trophy
95.23 Gassoumi/Pasztory FRA 2008 Junior Masters de Patinage

In my opionion it's a nonsense to mix ISU and non ISU PB.
Everybody knows that PB at nationals are higher than in ISU competitions.
In fact Routhier/Saucke-Lacelle should be second in your list and not third because their PB at Canadan nationals was 163,53.
Martins/Chau should be 5th and not 6th because their pb at nationals was 141,72
Dieck/Zenkner had at german nationals a PB of 131,48 so they should be 8th and not 12th. We could say the same for other couples.
That's the reason why the only valid PB for world standings are ISU ones.

oleada

Record Breaker
In my opionion it's a nonsense to mix ISU and non ISU PB.
Everybody knows that PB at nationals are higher than in ISU competitions.
In fact Routhier/Saucke-Lacelle should be second in your list and not third because their PB at Canadan nationals was 163,53.
Martins/Chau should be 5th and not 6th because their pb at nationals was 141,72
Dieck/Zenkner had at german nationals a PB of 131,48 so they should be 8th and not 12th. We could say the same for other couples.
That's the reason why the only valid PB for world standings are ISU ones.

Of course, the nationals scores are inflated and everyone knows that. The only reason I've added those is as a point of reference for teams who had no other scores. I don't expect (and I'm sure no one else does) for teams to score anywhere near that. I added it as matter of interest, when there was no other score and that's why there are in italics.