Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Liberty Championships July 15 -18, 2009, Aston, PA

Great report on the SPs, Doris. Looking forward to reading more on the LPs, particularly, of Bulanhagui, Cassar and Razzano (two very much gifted skaters beyond the tech.)

Rinkside
    Appreciate precise reviews and videos as well. I've been monitoring this thread heavily. Million thanks!!!

Custom Title
    Thank you Ms. Doris!

I just read on Sylvia's twitter that Chan landed a quad. It's amazing. Vancouver will be even more ecxiting if he does it consistently. I'm looking forward to read the results and the report of this competition.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Joelle Forte won the Senior ladies B section.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_6O6ZYaG54

She has reported that she will probably be skating for another country other than the US. Performances like this should help.
    Thank you soooo much for the videos Please dont apologise for the quality. I am sooooo thankful for the videos I hope you guys are having a wonderful time at the competition and I hope Mr Ski is feeling much better soon. Give my thanks to him for the videos as well.

Please take care and have a wonderful day!!

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I've never seen her do it before. In fact, AFAIR, the only US lady to land 3A2t in the SP was Tonya Harding, and I think she only did it once at Skate America, I think in 1993? (Not sure of the year)

Here's a link to Mr. Ski's video of Melissa's SP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uVNW8hA-R8
    Her 3A did not disrupt the program, and I would love to see a slomo of that. Her 3F or 3Z what ever it was did disrupt the program. However, she is skating very competitively and looks very determined.

Quote Originally Posted by GiuliaPlum View Post
    I just read on Sylvia's twitter that Chan landed a quad. It's amazing. Vancouver will be even more ecxiting if he does it consistently. I'm looking forward to read the results and the report of this competition.
    Was that in competition or in practice? I thought he was not going to compete.

Custom Title
    Chan - landed the quad in warm-up but, failed in the program. Takahashi's version of this program was way more passionate. If he skates this program cleanly he might be able to give you some goose bumps, I hope. I really like his style.

Cassar - stole the show, for me. His program to Schindlers list was awesome. He turned out of some of the triples but, nobody cared. The audience was left breathless. Overall he has gotten stronger on his triples. I wanted to tell him what a great job he did but, Sylvia and some other lady were gushing all over him, trying to interview him. Funny thing is, these two reporters did most of their reporting from the cafeteria where the music is very low but, for Cassar they ran to see him after his performance.

Bradley, Farris, Gilles, rippon and few others were reviewed by the USFSA. I dropped in to see if they were going to do their program but, they didn't. They did a run through with a bunch of singles and then they had them redo certain parts of their programs. It's too bad that they didn't do the actual competition.

The ladies were a bust. The worst part is that they made us wait nearly an hour between the two skimpy groups. They could have put them all together and saved us some time. That rink was freezing.

Joelle Forte was by far the strongest lady in the field. She should have won, not Maxwell.

Thank you MasterB. I'm particularly interested in Cassar who wowed me in last year's Nats. I guess he will still have to skate the Sectionals.

Is there any youtube of Cassar?

all thost skaters you named being reviewed will be in the GPs (Cassar will not). I'll revew them then.

Joelle is a very good skater come lately. I'm sure she will make Nationals.

What about Patrick's music? Is he using the same cut of Daisuke?
    Thank you if you want to describe it a little for us

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by GiuliaPlum View Post
    What about Patrick's music? Is he using the same cut of Daisuke?
    Thank you if you want to describe it a little for us
    I hope to find a video of it

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Thanks for the news!

I am surprised that Patrick tried the quad so early in the season, he may prove me wrong about being serious about going for it.

I was very impressed with that girl's triple axel. It looked much better than Kimmie's at the 2005 nationals, and really a pity it was downgraded. She made it look very easy!

Props to Patrick for attempting the quad in his long program. It's great to hear that it was landed in the warm up. I think he can prove a lot of people wrong this season. Hopefully we will be able to see a video of the performance. I can't wait to see what his program looks like!

I would love to see more videos of Cassar, Razzano and, of course Patrick.

The season is at its earliest and these "B" comps in N.America can be meaningless. For most it's just a run-through before the GP reality shows. Go Patric... if it takes 1 out of three, you've already done one. With 2 to go, and then by the Olys it will be a success!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterB View Post
    Cassar - stole the show, for me. His program to Schindlers list was awesome. He turned out of some of the triples but, nobody cared. The audience was left breathless. Overall he has gotten stronger on his triples. I wanted to tell him what a great job he did but, Sylvia and some other lady were gushing all over him, trying to interview him.
    Ahem. For the record, I did speak to Jonathan Cassar after his mesmerizing "Schindler's List" FS performance, but only as a long-time admirer of his skating. I was not one of the 2 reporters trying to interview him because I am not a professional journalist -- I merely tweeted from Liberty. Just wanted to clear that up!

Too bad you didn't wait for an opportunity to tell Cassar in person how much you enjoyed his program, MasterB -- I know he would have appreciated it. I saw Paul Wylie (who skated a wonderful pro program to "Schindler's List") go over to Cassar afterwards and talk to him (but didn't hear what was said).

A Senior Men's FS article is up: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

ETA:
    Icenetwork's Liberty coverage includes many articles -- they can all be found at this link (starting on 7/17/09): http://web.icenetwork.com/news/archive.jsp

Off-ice photos (2 galleries so far): http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-19-2009 at 05:46 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast