Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Liberty Championships July 15 -18, 2009, Aston, PA

Custom Title
    Sylvia,

I checked out icenetwork and no mention of Cassar's performance or Melissa's triple axel. I know her axel was downgraded but, it was still very impressive.

Paul Wylie did speak to Cassar about his program and he basically was thanking him for doing a great job with it. Cassar was very appreciative with the feedback.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterB View Post
    I checked out icenetwork and no mention of Cassar's performance or Melissa's triple axel. I know her axel was downgraded but, it was still very impressive.
    Yeah, you'd think the 3rd American lady to land the 3A in competition, regardless of quality, would warrant a footnote or an asterisk.

Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Yeah, you'd think the 3rd American lady to land the 3A in competition, regardless of quality, would warrant a footnote or an asterisk.
    If it was downgraded, then it doesn't count as having been landed in competition I believe.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    FYI, this particular topic was covered at last year's Liberty in this article: Bulanhagui tackles triple Axel at [2008] Liberty.

More results have been added to the official results page for 2009 Liberty: http://www.libertyskating.org/2009Results.html
    (IJS results still missing as of late Sunday night: Junior Men FS (initial round) and Final, Junior Ladies Free Skating - Group C, Junior Ladies FS Final, Senior Ladies FS A & B, Senior Men FS.)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-20-2009 at 09:08 AM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

These were put up by SplitTwist

I don't know who splittwist is, but he is putting up some Liberty videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/SplitTwist2#play/uploads
    Patrick Chan LP
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SplitTwi.../0/LvL27ddppHw
    Scott Dyer LP

Wooow...so happy to watch the videos! Thank you!
    I really appreciate Patrick's attitude towards the quad. He always seems to have a great confidence inside him. And of course, he has an outstanding talent.
    The music looks a bit difficult to understand when you hear it for the first time. But the opening part is very beautiful and lyrical.
    Well, it will be a lyrical Phantom, but it's not a surprise.

What's with the music cut for Chan's program? The editing is horrific! It's like a bad youtube video "most famous melodies of POTO in 5 minutes".

He is a great skater though, amazing edges and lots of confidence.

But someone has to fix the music cut. Or better: chuck the music and find something decent to skate to.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    What's with the music cut for Chan's program? The editing is horrific! It's like a bad youtube video "most famous melodies of POTO in 5 minutes".

He is a great skater though, amazing edges and lots of confidence.

But someone has to fix the music cut. Or better: chuck the music and find something decent to skate to.
    ITA. The cut is dreadful. Not worthy for such a musical skater as Patrick.

Patrick continues to show his musicality with the commensurate speed of the program. Most notable: He doesn't stop! but keeps on stroking along.

Well, look at the positive side...that cut makes the program oniric...like a Buñuel movie

By the way...the "Music of the night" part really impresses and moves me. So touching... but the circular step sequence looks too similar to the Tango's...

Quote Originally Posted by GiuliaPlum View Post
    Well, look at the positive side...that cut makes the program oniric...like a Buñuel movie

By the way...the "Music of the night" part really impresses and moves me. So touching... but the circular step sequence looks too similar to the Tango's...
    I really enjoy Bunuel movies. He makes one think. What was that Bourgoisie one where everyone was rushing to get to the next level and just couldn't?

To me Music of the Night is a copy of Brigadoon's 'Come to Me, Bend to Me, Tell Me That Your Mine' No? However, I think Patrick stayed with the music quite well without resorting to being the Phantom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NG5zHuBpmM

Keegan Messing's Incredible Hulk LP (This is the new camera!)

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post

He killed Kermit and used him for parts!!! I can see how the costume is meant to fit the theme but wow, it's awful.

Thanks so much for posting, looks like the new camera was a very good buy . I'll watch the whole thing at work tomorrow - faster connection, and my boss will be out of office.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post

That's one cool program! I love how he put the last three jumps right at the end, especially how the Lutz goes directly into the final pose. It was also pretty good content-wise - there was the step-out on the second Triple Axel and the splat on the Loop, but apart from that it looked really good.

The American men are so diverse and there are so many talents, it's totally amazing. The best men's skating program in the World.

Jonathan Cassar's LP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc1R0FxOvt4

Jonathan always has great spread eagles, and uses them creatively in this LP too.

Yes, the only downside of the new camera (Fuji s1500)
    1. It makes a grinding noise if you use the zoom, so you can't use it during a program.
    2. The .avi files for an LP are about 240kb So it takes a long time to upload, or a long time to shrink and upload. Either way a long time.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 07-20-2009 at 09:16 PM.

Custom Title
    tried to pull up the results on the liberty open and nothing showed for me.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast