2009-2010 Programs by Discipline | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2009-2010 Programs by Discipline

Medusa

Record Breaker
Stéphane says that he will skate to something classical. From this article, someone on the Lambiel forum was so kind to provide it.

I am kind of surprised by that, I thought he would do somthing jazzy, since he talked about "Summertime" last season, then skated to "Tainted Love" as an exhibition, which is also jazzy.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
Pairs

Qing Pang/Jian Tong CHN
SP-The Impossible Dream from Man of La Mancha
LP-

The Impossible Dream is actually Pang/Tong's free skate.

For the SP, they are skating to music from The Pearl Fishers (Bizet).

Stéphane Lambiel
LP "Otoño Porteño" by A. Piazzolla - arr. by Ensamble Nuevo Tango

That's great to hear. I think Piazzolla is perfect for Lambiel.

Now that I think about it Eleanor Rugby and Samson & Delilah aren't that different either.

:laugh: Maybe you should edit this before Lennon starts to flip in his grave.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
The Impossible Dream is actually Pang/Tong's free skate.

For the SP, they are skating to music from The Pearl Fishers (Bizet).

That's great to hear. I think Piazzolla is perfect for Lambiel.

I love both of Pang and Tong's choices. I am actually skating to the Pearl Fisher's myself this season and chose it because it was so beautiful, but could not think of any top skaters who had used it.

Lambiel's Tango sounds much like music he has used in the past, and it is one of Pasazzolla's more well known pieces. It is good music and we all know that Lambiel could do wonders with it.

Love that exhibition of his that somebody was nice enough to post. That was hauntingly beautiful.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
I love both of Pang and Tong's choices. I am actually skating to the Pearl Fisher's myself this season and chose it because it was so beautiful, but could not think of any top skaters who had used it.

To which part of The Pearl Fishers are you skating to? You are lucky! There is so much beautiful music in that opera. I am not too sure about which section of the opera Pang and Tong will be skating to, but I think it will be a violin version of ''Je crois entendre encore". I think that will be perfect for them!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
To which part of The Pearl Fishers are you skating to? You are lucky! There is so much beautiful music in that opera. I am not too sure about which section of the opera Pang and Tong will be skating to, but I think it will be a violin version of ''Je crois entendre encore". I think that will be perfect for them!

Yes, I am using "Je crois entendre encore" as well, the Joshua Bell version :love:

zartian

Rinkside

Yes, I like The Pearl Fisher, too. ''Je crois entendre encore" is a beautifully sad song. But it's too melancholy and I think it would be monotonous to fill the whole program only with it. If I were their choreographer, I would mix it with other parts (upbeat strong orchestral parts) of the opera.

Actually the famous duet "Au fond du Temple Saint" will be better choice for mature skaters because it's more philosophical than melancholy and it has nice climax so as to invite the audience into emotional sharing, and above all, because it is my favorite piece in the whole opera :laugh:

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
^

I love ''Au Fond du Temple Saint" as well!

As for P/T using one piece for the whole program, I think it is alright since it is the SP. For instance, music like The Swan, which doesn't have a definite climax works very well for SPs. However, if they were using it for the LP, I would also prefer them using various selections from the opera.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Skaters keeping 2008-9 programs:

Anabelle Langlois and Cody Hay, who never got to skate their programs due to Anabelle's injury, will use "Fascination" for the short and "Sunrise from Grand Canyon Suite" for the long. Choreo is by David Wilson (source: IN). I'm not sure they'll be able to make it to the Olympics as Canada can only send two pairs, but best of luck to them.

Tamar Katz, who finished 4th at last year's KSM and only skated once afterwards due to injuries (stress fracture in her foot and a broken hand, ouch!) is also keeping both programs: Gone with the Wind for the SP and Gershwin's Concerto in F for the LP. Lee Ann Miller choreographed both programs, and Tamar has heeded the advice to replace her SP costume, which is a very good thing (source: Absolute Skating).

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
Looks like "Sing, sing, sing'' is a really popular SP choice this season. Zhang/Zhang will be using it for their SP as well.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Looks like "Sing, sing, sing'' is a really popular SP choice this season. Zhang/Zhang will be using it for their SP as well.

Are zhang and zhang really using Sing, Sing, Sing. This I gotta see. They are the least likely pair ever to hop around on skates like bobbysoxers at a Big Band club.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
Are zhang and zhang really using Sing, Sing, Sing. This I gotta see. They are the least likely pair ever to hop around on skates like bobbysoxers at a Big Band club.

I was surprised to read about their music choice for the SP as well. I can see them skating to Scheherezade, but Sing Sing Sing is an odd choice for them. Unless they are suddenly going to have a major change in style, I can't really see the piece working for them.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Aha, so it's been 2 weeks, and there's still no info reg Virtue & Moir's FD music.