Evgeni's new programs | Golden Skate

Evgeni's new programs

Ximena

Final Flight
this is another report of the show, just Plushenko

The show itself was great. Petrenko, Candeloro, Gordeeva… It couldn’t be bad! The arena was full about 80%. I believe…
His SP is flamenco indeed, but it’s less “flamenco” than Sasha’s (Abt), it’s rather “based on”. It seemed to me a tango there too. (But perhaps I’m wrong, I’m not an expert.) Zhenya didn’t do quads (as far as I understood, because jumps is my weak point )))) and not a lot of triples, but the rest was terrific!!! Especially steps. It concerned both SP and LP. SP was very good but a bit “undone”, it definitely needs time and performances. But in any case it looked terrific, of course! But LP was… O my God… It’s SOMETHING… No words only emotions indeed… The dance of one genius dedicated to another dancing one (a great Russian ballet dancer Vaclav Nizhinskiy (1889-1950) as you already know). And Edwin Marton played violin with SUCH passion. Sometimes the music was SO fast, it seemed impossible to skate with it, too fast to move for a man because only sound can be so fast… But Zhenya did it! I believe this program better than Artist (whish was always my favorite). After SP public applauded, but less than to Anton and Lena (who was after him), so Zhenya didn’t do encore. But after LP some people even stood up (my friend and me too, of course) applauding and Zhenya skated the whole program again (missing some little pieces because he seemed tired). None of skaters did the same! They skated just some parts, as usual. SP costume is black and looked a bit like OUATIA, but LP costume is unknown yet, he skated it in Albinoni one.

Oh... I can't wait to see this. :love:

curious

Final Flight
I read the review at fs universe. I'm glad he had a terrific skate and enjoyed the show. His new programs sound great, looking foward to seeing them:D

Ximena

Final Flight
Yep, the program is great. I love it :love: You are right, it seems that the part that is finished working is footwork, the rest seems to need some adjustements, too bad they don't show how it ends, the camera goes too far

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
:eek: It looks like giant glittery pancakes landed on his shoulders!

Evgeni, you know I love you and your weird costumes....but what the heck are those things?????

Laura :)

dfj

On the Ice
I see there's a short report at the KingonIce website. He was asked about getting married.

He apparently said "I'm not going to get married, it is lie. Girls, don't believe in it. Don't worry. Everything is ok!"

I guess the universe is aligned once again. :D :D

windspirit

On the Ice
PrincessLeppard said:
Evgeni, you know I love you and your weird costumes....but what the heck are those things?????
I'm not crazy about this part of his costume, either. But the things on his torso look interesting. I just wish they've stopped making him costumes that resemble uniforms. Free Evgeni! ;) I loved the costume for "Adagio", that's the right path... Does he have a great body, or what? http://www.members.lycos.co.uk/windspirit6/sm/winksmile.gif

As for his new SP, I think it needs a little more work, since it's just that - new. I like the footwork, he does that move there he did in his Michael Jackson SP (his footwork there was grrreat!).

Has anyone noticed that in the first part of his new SP he uses the music Kurt was skating to...?

His hair looks great, btw.

shine

Record Breaker
Thanks for the link! OMG I really, really cannot wait to see B/S live on Dec 3rd!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

marguerita

Rinkside
Exactly GIANT GLITTERY PANCAKES. I agree get away from the uniform theme. However, he could wear a sack and still look fantastic. :love:

Ximena

Final Flight
He does have a very nice body and the Adagio costume prove it ;) and the hair, men to have a hari like that!!

I do like the costume, I though it looked like his OUATIA with some adjustements.

Hanaka

Rinkside
I've been a little confused about his FP.
I read somewhere that his FP music was created only for him. Is that right? Then, who is the composer? Igor Korneliuk or the Hungarian violinist Edwin Marton? I read a brief review on his performances at Dmitriev's show on King on Ice site, and there the reporter said the FP music was like Paganini. I also read on another board that part of the music sounds like from Magic Stradivarius by Edwin Marton.

By the way, I saw the video of Art on Ice (Feb. '03 Zurich). Edwin Marton was playing the violin there. His music is lyric and very beautiful. Stephane Lambiel skated to it -I loved his skating! He is another skater who has a musical aura like Plush.(when he is on.) Maybe Plush fell in love with his violin during the show?

He apparently said "I'm not going to get married, it is lie. Girls, don't believe in it. Don't worry. Everything is ok!"
Very kind and sweet words for female fans!;)

Ximena

Final Flight
Hanaka said:
I've been a little confused about his FP.
I read somewhere that his FP music was created only for him. Is that right? Then, who is the composer? Igor Korneliuk or the Hungarian violinist Edwin Marton?
Well according to the interview that Mishin did on October 10th, he said that at first since the FP is dedicated to Nijinski, they though if using Sheherezade, then a piece of Weber or Punchinello, but then Mishin said that they (Evegeni and him) wanted a pice that relfects the spirits of all this works and that Marton wrote a special piece for it. So it's not surprise that it seems or sound like other pieces because Marton composed it based on that.

Hanaka

Rinkside
Thank you for your information, Ximena!
It's been like a puzzle to me.(As always Plush's new programs are) Now everything is being unveiled and clear.
Can't wait for SC. I hope he will be healthy enough to show up.