Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Skate Detroit (July 22-25, 2009)

Custom Title

Skate Detroit (July 22-25, 2009)

Schedule/roster: http://www1.sk8stuff.com/sk8dtw/

Alissa Czisny and Castile/Okolski are scheduled to debut their respective new short programs later today. Hopefully some people who attend this comp. will post their live impressions/reports and, if all goes well, there will be some home videos to share!

Some nice, helpful people are sending me unofficial results/scores and I am tweeting them here: http://twitter.com/SylviaUnseen

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Thanks! I hope some reports get out about Alissa's new programs. and Castille and Olkoski for that matter. They have the best programs.

Custom Title
    I'm hyper excited!! The season officially began!
    Thank you for all the posts/tweets Sylvia

Thank you Sylvia.

There are enough contestants here for packed house of families and friends to defray any costs to the Detroit Club.

Browsing through the lists, I did not see any single Men of fame, but there are listed a few involved in Pairs.

The Ladies that I know of:

Becky Bereswill
    Alissa Czysny
    Amanda Dobbs
    Taylor Firth (the movie star)
    Elene Gedevanishvili.

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Ooooo~!!! Can't wait to hear about Alissa's! :3
    2009-2010 season here we come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Taylor Firth (the movie star)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Browsing through the lists, I did not see any single Men of fame, but there are listed a few involved in Pairs.
    I think Fedor Andreev, Jonathan Cassar, Eliot Halverson and Grant Hochstein are interesting in Senior men, and Ryan Hartley and Timothy LeDuc in Junior men.

^^^
    Thank you Chuckum. Those guys are worth a watch.

Medalist
    Your wait is over..here is the link to Alissa's SP at Skate Detroit ..enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_RdO1v55P8

Custom Title
    By the way, Alissa won the sp scoring 63+!!
    I almost wrote her off after worlds, even though I'm her biggest fan, but I have my hopes up again.
    Her jumps look higher and better than ever! I'm impressed she looks less hesitant on double axel as well. The program needs some tweaking, and I'm not particularly fond of this version of Zorro. But the footwork section can be quite spectacular if she builds more confidence and really projects.
    I'm just so happy and grateful she started off the new season with a clean program, just like she did last year at Liberty. Must be a good sign

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticchic View Post
    Your wait is over..here is the link to Alissa's SP at Skate Detroit ..enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_RdO1v55P8
    Thank you so much for the link! I think Alissa looks great! As the poster said above, her jumps look better than they ever have and it's still early in the season. I can't wait to see the program with good lighting and professional camera work. Anyone know what her GP assignments are?

Thanks for the video on Alissa! Hope she has a great season!

Thank you Mystic Chic.

Custom Title
    Was surprised to see Mukhortova and Trankov in Sylvia's results. Did anyone see their program?

Custom Title
    Here's a nicely detailed Senior Ladies SP highlights report that someone in attendance sent me for posting [I've edited in the scores that were sent to me]. Many thanks to that person for sharing!
    Here are some notes for some of the senior ladies at Skate Detroit, from memory. I hope these are correct.

Group B:
    1. Alissa Czisny [63.93]: 3Z+2T, 3F, 2A. Jumps looked completely secure and confident, best I've ever seen them, and her spins looked even faster than last year. Same gorgeous spirals and a level 3 step sequence. Looks ready for this year.

2. Christina Gao [56.35]: 3Z+2T, 3F, 2A. With GOEs, she got the most points on jumps of anyone in the group. Spins looked good too, but overall quality still looks a little juniorish. Still, probably the best I've seen her skate since EGL regionals 2008.

3. Angela Maxwell [54.56]: 3F, 3T+2T, 2A. The combo was intended to be 3-3, and she did it well in warm up but it didn't happen in the program. The flip was gorgeous, though, and the entire program was skated with attack and confidence. I thought she should have been 2nd.

4. Molly Oberstar [51.43]: 3S+2T, 3R<, 2A.

5. Diane Szmiett CAN [46.98]: 3Z fall, 3F hand down + 2T, 2A. I liked the version of West Side Story that she skated to.

6. Natasha Popova CAN [43.13]: 3S+2T high and nice, 3R landed around curve but clean, 2A. I'd never even heard of her, so it was a pleasant surprise.

7. Rebecca Stern [39.45]: 3Z fall, 3R fall out, 2A.

Random note: Meagan O'Leary popped an axel at the beginning and then put in a double axel later. Her announced score was higher than the official posted one, so I'm thinking they had trouble deciding what to do with this.

Group A:
    1. Taylor Firth [52.63]: 3Z fall, 3F+2T, 2A.

2. Amanda Dobbs [50.76]: 3T+2T floaty and easy. It looked like she's definitely got room for triple on the 2nd jump. 2A gorgeous, 2S. Too bad about the double sal, because the program was wonderful, and everything else was really well done. I actually kind of thought she'd beat Firth anyway.

3. Becky Bereswill [49.74]: 3Z+2T nice, 3F fall, 2A. Looked like she didn't hold some spirals and spin positions long enough to get the levels she wanted, so lost a few points that way, but she had the highest components of the group and she looks quite a bit more mature on the ice than last year.

4. Christina-Maria Sperduto [47.24]: 3R+2T, 3S fall, 2A. She was a pleasant surprise; I hadn't seen her skate before. She did a change of edge on her layback.

5. Chelsea Morrow [44.88]: 3T nice, 2S+2T, 2A.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast