Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Skate Detroit (July 22-25, 2009)

Custom Title
    I would assume that Andreev's first competition will be Nebelhorn, in September, where he'll try to qualify for the Olympics.

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by waxel View Post
    siberia82, actually I don't "know" for sure that Skate Canada wouldn't release him- that was just the rumor at Worlds. Apparently since then, SC and the ISU have both denied accountability.
    When I began my research, I couldn't believe it when representatives from both sides pointed their finger at each other. Different reporters were told different stories. It's really weird that we still don't know what the truth is.

Hope the issues are resolved and he can compete this season.
    Everything appears to be in order now, so you have nothing to worry about.

I assume AZE doesn't rate any GP assignments.
    Fedor is ineligible for the GP series because he doesn't have an international ranking.

perhaps he'll do some of the early competitions (like Finlandia)--- he certainly seems ready. Otherwise Europeans might be his first competition?
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    I would assume that Andreev's first competition will be Nebelhorn, in September, where he'll try to qualify for the Olympics.
    He has already posted a couple of times on his Twitter page that he intends to skate at Nebelhorn and earn his ticket to Vancouver, but I have no idea if he'll to participate in any other B comps before Euros. I certainly hope he does----he needs the practice and the exposure. I expect the international judges will be pretty hard on him PCS-wise since he's a nobody in their eyes.

Does anyone know when the full Skate Detroit results will be posted? I'm aware that Sylvia has kindly provided us the total scores from each segment of the competition, but I'd like to see the actual breakdown. It's already been a week, yet I still don't see the detailed protocols anywhere.

A few Skate Detroit pics have been posted on IceNetwork: http://web.icenetwork.com/gen/photog...cf6146448.html

Rinkside

Skate Detroit

Does it normally take this long for results to posted? Does anyone where they will be posted if at all? Icenetwork, Sk8stuff? Thanks

Here's a brand new article on Fedor Andreev (it was posted today): http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news He seems happy and positive, and I just love the picture where he's monkeying around.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemom0493 View Post
    Does it normally take this long for results to posted? Does anyone where they will be posted if at all? Icenetwork, Sk8stuff? Thanks
    Someday it will be posted in sk8stuff, but so far, nothing.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6