Skate Detroit (July 22-25, 2009) | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Skate Detroit (July 22-25, 2009)

i love to skate

Medalist
Take some posts with a grain of salt...;) Especially those with strange interpunctation and capitalisation.

It was actually a really good attempt by Chan. It was barely underrotated.

Nice to hear you thought it was good attempt! Maybe he'll win you over yet! ;)

pista04

On the Ice
So did Alissa do a free skate? I'm guessing not, since I can't find any information about it anywhere. Loved the short, but not perfection.

Take some posts with a grain of salt...;) Especially those with strange interpunctation and capitalisation.

It was actually a really good attempt by Chan. It was barely underrotated.
and two demensional URs They are in the eye of the beholder. Whatever the Caller says is the last word.

One should also remember that these comps are all tests for the coming season.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Check on [email protected]

You have to sort through a bunch of posts about random competitions, but it is likely in there. Or join twitter and tweet to Sylvia and see whether she replies. If this sort of info is public, Sylvia usually has it.

fairly4

Medalist
i wasn't there so i wouldn't know, however, what i seen on you tube was a very bad attempt. only 2 twice did he go around maybe 3, but definitly not four.
like i said before and you are stating now, people, and judges are seeing what they want to see (on paper) not really paying attention to what the skater is Excatly doing.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
how can one tell anything on an amatuer video, though? no offense to those that took and shared these vids with us, I appreciate and love seeing them! but still??? it's not like we can slow mo it and zoom in and get a good quality looksee.

fairly4

Medalist
to whoever stated that i couldn't see on youtube--
the ur's is .. That is can --why I specifically look at their feet and ignore the movement on top--it isn't hard. probably at the rink you notice the movement on top more than the feet.
i didn't slow-mo it or anything --i watch the feet-not the top. it is hard--but you would be suprised at what you really can see -.

thank you for your opinion. i strongly disagree.

waxel

Final Flight
Sorry, I'm behind the curve. Who is Fedor skating for this season? I know Skate Canada wouldn't release him for Worlds but don't know the current status.

Kinda hard to tell in the vids- but looked like he landed a couple of solid 3 axels. Good start to season.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Who is Fedor skating for this season?

He represented Azerbaijan at Skate Detroit, so I assume this means his break-up with Skate Canada is final. :p

I know Skate Canada wouldn't release him for Worlds but don't know the current status.

How do you "know" this for certain? In the spring, I tried to determine why Andreev couldn't compete in LA, but I received contradicting answers (even from within the same organization!) from different official sources. The more I investigated the matter, the more confusing it got! :scratch: :unsure: :confused:

Kinda hard to tell in the vids- but looked like he landed a couple of solid 3 axels. Good start to season.

Yes, he did indeed land at least one clean 3-Axel in each program :yes: (although the second one in his LP may have been doubled---I'm not 100% sure). He'd be hard-pressed to earn a score close to 210 without that jump.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
my impression is that they overscored Alissa . her opening jump combination-her first jump was UR and the last triple was UR. she shouldn't have got a 63.

Czisny's 3flip looked UR to me as well, but the Lutz appeared fully rotated to my eyes. Then again, it's not the best quality video and there was no slow motion replay as there will be in later, more important competitions. I thought her score was VERY generous. I would have scored it about a 55.60. Then again, this is a practice fluff competition and Alissa was the only semi-big name skater present in her group . . . inflation is to be expected under such circumstances.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There wasn't any footwork going into the flip, so that should have been a deduction. Alissa was also agonizingly slow.

I agree that Alissa was scored 8-10 points more than she should have been. IMO she got extra points because she is the reigning National Champion, and is the 'star' local skater (she is from neighboring state Ohio, and in the past has been the star skater at Mids Sectionals).

waxel

Final Flight
siberia82, actually I don't "know" for sure that Skate Canada wouldn't release him- that was just the rumor at Worlds. Apparently since then, SC and the ISU have both denied accountability.

Whatever the reason, still unfortunate that he wasn't allowed to skate. I did see him a few times at Staples so he did seem to have stay around all week.

Hope the issues are resolved and he can compete this season. I assume AZE doesn't rate any GP assignments, so perhaps he'll do some of the early competitions (like Finlandia)--- he certainly seems ready. Otherwise Europeans might be his first competition?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would assume that Andreev's first competition will be Nebelhorn, in September, where he'll try to qualify for the Olympics.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
siberia82, actually I don't "know" for sure that Skate Canada wouldn't release him- that was just the rumor at Worlds. Apparently since then, SC and the ISU have both denied accountability.

When I began my research, I couldn't believe it when representatives from both sides pointed their finger at each other. :rolleye: Different reporters were told different stories. It's really weird that we still don't know what the truth is. :scowl:

Hope the issues are resolved and he can compete this season.

Everything appears to be in order now, so you have nothing to worry about. :)

I assume AZE doesn't rate any GP assignments.

Fedor is ineligible for the GP series because he doesn't have an international ranking.

perhaps he'll do some of the early competitions (like Finlandia)--- he certainly seems ready. Otherwise Europeans might be his first competition?

I would assume that Andreev's first competition will be Nebelhorn, in September, where he'll try to qualify for the Olympics.

He has already posted a couple of times on his Twitter page that he intends to skate at Nebelhorn and earn his ticket to Vancouver, but I have no idea if he'll to participate in any other B comps before Euros. I certainly hope he does----he needs the practice and the exposure. I expect the international judges will be pretty hard on him PCS-wise since he's a nobody in their eyes. :eek:hwell:

Does anyone know when the full Skate Detroit results will be posted? I'm aware that Sylvia has kindly provided us the total scores from each segment of the competition, but I'd like to see the actual breakdown. It's already been a week, yet I still don't see the detailed protocols anywhere.

skatemom0493

Spectator
Skate Detroit

Does it normally take this long for results to posted? Does anyone where they will be posted if at all? Icenetwork, Sk8stuff? Thanks