Skate Detroit (July 22-25, 2009) | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skate Detroit (July 22-25, 2009)

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm happy to see that Andreev's LP score was 132.63 (his best ever for the free), which gives him a total is 209.04. He won the event by almost 29 points. This is a very auspicious start to his season! :party2:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the Fedor videos! Good for him!!! :party:

Looking forward to seeing Jonathan Cassar's FS again. he skated beautifully at Liberty last week. :yes:

Kasey

Medalist
Like you, I'm interested to know what happened. Did they all really underperform, or were the judges stingy with the scores? .

M/T only did a double twist, she doubled the SBS jump and then fell on the throw. And you can tell it's still a new program, it was a little tentative in parts. But has the potential to be something really beautiful when they get it down.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
M/T only did a double twist, she doubled the SBS jump and then fell on the throw. And you can tell it's still a new program, it was a little tentative in parts. But has the potential to be something really beautiful when they get it down.

The program does have potential, but the lack of connection is really significant. If they don't learn to at least fake some unity they will never get to where they want (and deserve to be).

oleada

Record Breaker
They connected very well in their SP from last year. It's still really early on.

lmarie086

Medalist

Thanks for posting! What gorgeous music, I agree Kasey that it has great potential as they get more comfortable with it. Like last season's SP I think this has a chance to be my favorite of all the teams (though of course I'll have to wait and see what everyone else comes up with). But also like last season's SP, I wish it didn't end with the spin; I don't know if it bothers anyone else but I tend to think a spin (for pairs primarily at least) is a weak way to end a program.

Still, wishing them all the best of luck for the season!

fairly4

Medalist
my impression is that they overscored Alissa . her opening jump combination-her first jump was UR and the last triple was UR. she shouldn't have got a 63. but than again neither should have Patrick got a 127 at liberty for his lousy skate his double jump(hardly even tried the quad) did the double and sat down, didn't try,
but then again -this goes to show the change in judgjng allows cheating. for the ones they want up there.

i love to skate

Medalist
but than again neither should have Patrick got a 127 at liberty for his lousy skate his double jump(hardly even tried the quad) did the double and sat down, didn't try,

How did Chan hardly attempt his quad? He attempted four rotations and fell.

Medusa

Record Breaker
How did Chan hardly attempt his quad? He attempted four rotations and fell.
Take some posts with a grain of salt...;) Especially those with strange interpunctation and capitalisation.

It was actually a really good attempt by Chan. It was barely underrotated.