Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Skate Detroit (July 22-25, 2009)

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    I can't wait for someone to give us updates on the Senior Men's SP. I need my Fedor fix!

Quote Originally Posted by siberia82 View Post
    I can't wait for someone to give us updates on the Senior Men's SP. I need my Fedor fix!
    Hi Siberia, haven't seen you here in ages! But I thought Fedor skating might bring you back. Have you been working on your Azerbaijani citizenship request ?

That's an awful score for M/T. If anyone saw the performance, I'd be interested to know what went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post

That's an awful score for M/T. If anyone saw the performance, I'd be interested to know what went wrong.
    None of the pairs had good scores. Like you, I'm interested to know what happened. Did they all really underperform, or were the judges stingy with the scores? I was really hoping for better from M/T and C/O, they're two of my favorite pairs.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    thanks, Sylvia for the update!

Glad to hear that Alissa skated a clean short. I can't wait to see Zorro myself!

Custom Title
    Some photos from Skate Detroit on Thursday: http://web.icenetwork.com/gen/photog...cf6029786.html

Hi Siberia, haven't seen you here in ages! But I thought Fedor skating might bring you back.
    Hey Buttercup, it's nice to know that someone notices when I go missing. I had a LOT on my plate lately, including the (very) recent death of a family member. An FSUer was kind enough to notify me about Fedor's participation at Skate Detroit, so I'm hoping this will distract me from my troubles, at least for a little while.

Have you been working on your Azerbaijani citizenship request ?
    I'm already a dual citizen, so three would probably be overkill.

I just noticed that his latest Twitter entry is "On my way to DSC for my short!!! So excited to perform again!" http://twitter.com/FedorAndreev I sincerely hope his enthusiasm translates into a good performance.
    Last edited by siberia82; 07-24-2009 at 01:34 PM.

Who is Brian Orser coaching here?

About the video of Alissa Czisny, is the You Tube version elongated, or is Alissa really that tall and slender this year?

Custom Title
    Alissa has always been tall-looking and slender Although she looked like she was a few pounds heavier couple years ago, when she had the worst season of her life.

Rinkside
    Hi does anyone have the Junior Ladies results I think I'm looking for group c results.
    Thanks

On the Ice
    I got this from Sylvia's twitter(http://twitter.com/SylviaUnseen):

Jr Ladies C (top 5 qualified for Final): S LaMay 104.59, M Koehler 102.50, C Balde CAN 85.42, D D'AlessandroCAN 83.60, C Lepkowski 81.59.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Who is Brian Orser coaching here?

About the video of Alissa Czisny, is the You Tube version elongated, or is Alissa really that tall and slender this year?
    The program looked really good, but she skated oh so gingerly. She had no problems wth the tricks which was super. Now, if she puts some life into that program she will be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by skyblue710 View Post
    I got this from Sylvia's twitter(http://twitter.com/SylviaUnseen)
    Thanks for the link! I see that Fedor is in the lead by over 10 points! 76.41 is the highest he's ever scored for the short. (I'm sure Sylvia meant to type "Sr Men SP" and not "Sr Men FS" on her tweet since the LP is scheduled for tomorrow).

I eagerly await for more details about his program.

ETA: His latest tweet reads "Short done!!! It went great! Jumps felt good, spins felt ok...ftwks could have been a bit deeper! Haha I'm so happy tho!"

Way to go, Fedor!
    Last edited by siberia82; 07-24-2009 at 07:51 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    The program looked really good, but she skated oh so gingerly. She had no problems wth the tricks which was super. Now, if she puts some life into that program she will be competitive.
    I agree. It's really bold music and she just skated it so...softly. That's why I don't really like this program. Alissa can skate so softly and so elegantly and I don't really think this program compliments that.
    O well. I guess we'll see how she grows into it throughout the season.
    On the other hand, her jumps were wonderful! I hope this a foreshadow to the rest of the season, because if she can keep that up, I see good things in her future

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by siberia82 View Post
    Ask and ye shall recieve..here is his SP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko-SKvw5LcE

I tape Maria and Max's SP and am working on getting it edited and posted. Also, Fedor allowed me a half hour to take still photos of him and we had a really nice chat...Now that was fun!
    Fedor is being coached by Richard and Todd in FL.

Rinkside
    Mysticchic, thanks a lot for your videos of Alissa and Fedor, really appreciate it! And what about Eliot Halverson and Jonathan Cassar? Did you tape their short programmes or do you plan to capture their free skating performances? Or am I asking too much?
    Last edited by Olive; 07-25-2009 at 03:49 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast