Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 81

Thread: Skate Detroit (July 22-25, 2009)

  1. #31
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Detroit, Mi
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive View Post
    Mysticchic, thanks a lot for your videos of Alissa and Fedor, really appreciate it! And what about Eliot Halverson and Jonathan Cassar? Did you tape their short programmes or do you plan to capture their free skating performances? Or am I asking too much?
    I filmed both and will post them Sunday Night or Monday. As you can see its 5AM I need to get up in 3 hours to get out to SD

  2. #32
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticchic View Post
    I filmed both and will post them Sunday Night or Monday. As you can see its 5AM I need to get up in 3 hours to get out to SD
    Oh, thanks a lot! I just wanted to know if you have it or not and will wait patiently until you have time to post it! Really appreciate all your hard work.

  3. #33
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Who is Brian Orser coaching here?
    Christina Gao
    http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...=100821&mode=I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxqFDsQhClY

    She's been training with Orser in Toronto. In this free program she doesn't attempt 3Lo and she flutzes. Other than these issues, I think she has a solid jumping technique and is quite a prospect for her age.

    Her 3-turn entrance flips, spiral positions, 3S right after SpSeq are very reminiscent of Yuna's.

  4. #34
    Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The home of Jeff, Kurt & Shawn!
    Posts
    1,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticchic View Post
    Ask and ye shall recieve..here is his SP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko-SKvw5LcE
    THANK YOU, Mysticchic!!!!! I realy, really appreciate that you recorded his performance.

    Fedor's skating is just !

    ETA: He updated his Twitter account with, "Jeff's choreo. I feel like I still have a lot to get out of it and I absolutely LOVE the programs!"

    "Finished Long practice...it went very well. So stoked for the long!" :-)
    Last edited by siberia82; 07-25-2009 at 01:45 PM.

  5. #35
    Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by cadavis View Post
    Christina Gao
    http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...=100821&mode=I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxqFDsQhClY

    She's been training with Orser in Toronto. In this free program she doesn't attempt 3Lo and she flutzes. Other than these issues, I think she has a solid jumping technique and is quite a prospect for her age.

    Her 3-turn entrance flips, spiral positions, 3S right after SpSeq are very reminiscent of Yuna's.
    Oh wow, you're right! Perhaps with a bit more polishing (especially on those spins), we could very well have another young American star on our hands.

    ETA - Anybody know what she scored?
    Last edited by HCOSurfer; 07-25-2009 at 10:56 AM.

  6. #36
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,573
    Alyssa's jumps always look great at club competitions because there's no pressure at those events. But at International competitions, it's a whole different story.

  7. #37
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,996
    What's the music Fedor is using?

  8. #38
    Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The home of Jeff, Kurt & Shawn!
    Posts
    1,164
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    What's the music Fedor is using?
    "Little Wing" by Jimi Hendrix.

  9. #39
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    4,989
    Please tell me that Gaskill is standing on something. Jones looks like a tiny doll compared to him. I think that height difference is just too extreme.

    Here is Alissa's SP

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_RdO1v55P8

    quite frankly I am very underhwlemed. Nice skating but I didn't like the music cuts at all, no drama, like Evan's program. Chreoraphy was just generic spanish.
    Last edited by Tinymavy15; 07-25-2009 at 03:09 PM.

  10. #40
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    Please tell me that Gaskill is standing on something. Jones looks like a tiny doll compared to him. I think that height difference is just too extreme.
    lol, I do too. She's only 13 and should get taller, but still...

  11. #41
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by HCOSurfer View Post
    Oh wow, you're right! Perhaps with a bit more polishing (especially on those spins), we could very well have another young American star on our hands.

    ETA - Anybody know what she scored?
    According to http://twitter.com/SylviaUnseen, her SP score is 56.35 with combined total 164.63. So I guess her LP score is 108.28.

    Gao's SP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAxQEqLcSDY

  12. #42
    Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The home of Jeff, Kurt & Shawn!
    Posts
    1,164
    I'm happy to see that Andreev's LP score was 132.63 (his best ever for the free), which gives him a total is 209.04. He won the event by almost 29 points. This is a very auspicious start to his season!

  13. #43
    Brazilian Eurotrash beep_beep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Porto Alegre, Brazil
    Posts
    2,017
    Bumped into Fedor's FS.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1p2i...e=channel_page

    He doubled a couple of jumps, but I fully enjoyed this program...

  14. #44
    Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The home of Jeff, Kurt & Shawn!
    Posts
    1,164
    Quote Originally Posted by beep_beep View Post
    Bumped into Fedor's FS.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1p2i...e=channel_page

    He doubled a couple of jumps, but I fully enjoyed this program...
    Thanks for posting the link! When (I'm hoping it's a "when" and not an "if") he skates this program cleanly, it will be GLORIOUS!!!

  15. #45
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Detroit, Mi
    Posts
    97
    Hi all. I am uploading videos from this week at this link. I have uploaded tonight so far
    Fedor, Grant Hochstein, Jon Cassar FS from today. Brook and Ben, Becky Bereswell and many more. Enjoy!

    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=...ic&view=videos

    When I have sometime Ill fill you in on more of todays events
    Last edited by Mysticchic; 07-26-2009 at 02:03 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •