What happened to usfsa.org? | Golden Skate

What happened to usfsa.org?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I tried to get on usfsa.org to check the US JGP assignments and got a strange website.

Did US figure skating lose their domain name?

merrybari

Final Flight
I tried to get on usfsa.org to check the US JGP assignments and got a strange website.

Did US figure skating lose their domain name?

I don't think so. usfsa.org worked for me just now and took me to the usual site. .

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I also get a site that says the domain has expired... interesting.

LeCygne

Final Flight
Woah, yeah I got something weird too. Something about world figure skating and golden retrievers. Huh...

merrybari

Final Flight
Woah, yeah I got something weird too. Something about world figure skating and golden retrievers. Huh...

That's too weird. I just now got to the "real" site - both by using my favorites bookmark and by typing usfsa.org into the addy box. :scratch:

merrybari

Final Flight
I bet if you delete your cookies you'd get a different result

I have - this is a brand new computer. :scratch: Even so, I"d rather leave my cookies the way they are as I just got my Icenetwork video capability back. What's not broke I try not to fix. :)

Last edited:

merrybari

Final Flight
I remember a couple of years ago that the USFSA became dthe USFS. Why the change? I don't think it was given.

I never heard a reason either. But I think that with the name change they may just have let the old domain lapse when it's term was up. Just guessing. Glad you can get there now.

Puffy71

Rinkside
USFigureSkating.org

U.S. Figure Skating Headquarters underwent a change in Internet service providers. One unforeseen consequence of this was the home page being redirected to a DNS login screen. The problem has been resolved, and everything is now back to normal. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

^^^
does that mean the USFS will revert to USFSA also?
I kind of liked the "A" dropped. It makes it more like a Fed as in other countries.

merrybari

Final Flight
U.S. Figure Skating Headquarters underwent a change in Internet service providers. One unforeseen consequence of this was the home page being redirected to a DNS login screen. The problem has been resolved, and everything is now back to normal. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks for the clarification. :thumbsup:

ETA: Criminy. Now that it's supposedly fixed, I'm getting the bogus page. Sheese!

Last edited:

Kimmie Fan

On the Ice
Since the actual website is working, it must mean that there is a new virus that is spreading.
Its redirecting internet search results to random or even worse, malicious sites.