Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2009 Quebec Summer Championships (Aug. 6th-9th)

Custom Title
    2009 US Junior bronze medalist Christina Gao easily won the Senior Ladies FS. She landed 5 triple jumps, including two lutzes and two flips.

Three US ladies swept the Junior podium: Haley Dunne, Christine Mozer and Kendall Wyckoff; Mary Beth Marley was 5th (2nd in the FS). Haley scored 81.53 in the FS for a total of 122.50.

Custom Title
    Just wanted to point out that medals were awarded separately for the SP and FS events -- the scores were not combined at this competition.

This is the second consecutive FS event win for Haley Dunne (5th in Junior Ladies at 2009 Eastern Sectionals) -- she also won the Liberty FS Final last month with a score of 85.14 and landed her first 3Lutz in competition there as well as in her Quebec FS.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-10-2009 at 12:40 PM.

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachuusb View Post
    Im sure my boyfriend would have been over it, but I would have been sitting next to you enjoying the show
    Trust me, the fantastic view is totally worth your boyfriend's wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachuusb View Post
    Is there an icon for swoon?
    Not on this forum, but I wish we had one. I can't fully express the heart-fluttering daze Shawn put me under!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Just wanted to point out that medals were awarded separately for the SP and FS events -- the scores were not combined at this competition.
    Oh, that's interesting. I didn't know that.

Here are the performances I've captured yesterday afternoon:

Shawn Sawyer LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M619By2xly4
    Ian Martinez LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dRo0UfdOfw
    Marc-André Craig LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKeuaPqQqrc
    Paul Poirier LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYK6aE21X-I

I now regret not filming Louis-Philippe Sirois's free skate. I only realized halfway through his performance that I enjoyed his skating style (even though he struggled through most of his jumps).

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    2009 US Junior bronze medalist Christina Gao easily won the Senior Ladies FS. She landed 5 triple jumps, including two lutzes and two flips.
    She certainly is one to watch in the upcoming years. How old is she 13?

Custom Title
    Christina Gao turned 15 in March -- link to her bio: http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...=100821&mode=I
    She is currently an alternate to the JGP and hopefully has "proven" herself with her results this summer to receive an assignment!

Custom Title
    Is there someone who would know, if the competition (quebec summer championships 2009) will be telecast.

I say that because I noticed that during the competition for senior lady, there was a man with a camera that read "Media" and he have filming Amélie Lacoste, Cynthia Phaneuf and Joannie Rochette.

Is what it would mean he will get this event on TV.

Does someone have an idea?

Moving up the testing structure Kypma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coolboogie22 View Post
    Is there someone who would know, if the competition (quebec summer championships 2009) will be telecast.

I say that because I noticed that during the competition for senior lady, there was a man with a camera that read "Media" and he have filming Amélie Lacoste, Cynthia Phaneuf and Joannie Rochette.

I noticed the camera, too, although I'm not sure it filmed the programs. It was probably for a short newscast kind of thing, though :( Or maybe some material for upcoming fluffs about summer training or something along those lines...

-kypma

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coolboogie22 View Post

I would be very suprised if summer monitoring competitions like this one where skaters debut programs would be televised to the public. I would imagine it's more for coaching purposes for later viewing or as property of Skate Canada for their internal purposes to keep a check on the athletes' conditioning in preparation for the Olympics. I know in past years Skate Canada has pulled youtube videos of this summer competition so that they could not be viewed by the public. It seems too hard to believe that they would now volunteer a public broadcast.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 08-12-2009 at 11:57 AM.

Custom Title

It's an Olympic Year!

My guess would be that the camera belonged to either CTV or TSN - both official broadcasters of the 2010 Games. I know that Brian Williams of TSN/CTV has been doing features across the country on all the Olympic sports since Canadians in Halifax 2007. Since all three women are aiming for those Olympic berths - this summer competition was the perfect photo-op to have in the can for those Olympic mini-series spots that we love during zamboni breaks!

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    An article on the Quebec Summer Championships from IceNetwork: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Thanks Kypma and Siber for the detailed reports and videos.
    I just couldn't wait to see Jessica and Bryce's new programs, they sound soooooo delicious
    Going to the SC this year for sure

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3