Speaking of plastic surgery...if you could, would you? | Golden Skate

Speaking of plastic surgery...if you could, would you?

Kara Bear

Final Flight
All this talk of plastic surgery has got me wondering who would do it if they had they chance?

I think I would be open to minor things if I had the funds for it. I have a scar on my neck that I would love to disappear. Some dental plastic surgery to fix the inverted fang I have going on.
:) I also would think about a nose job because I have a big bump on the right side of my honker that bugs me.

I don't have a problem with other people doing more drastic procedures. What really bugs me is when I hear of 16 year old getting boob jobs. At 16 your body hasn't fully developed and as well, I don't think such a young person has the maturity to make such an important decision. But then, I also hate seeing young kids with huge gross tattoes. Do they realize what they are doing to themselves???

What does everyone else think about plastic surgery?

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
No. I cannot imagine myself looking any different than I do. I don't think I could deal with a change plastic surgery would bring.

OTOH, if there was one thing I could change anout what nature gave me, I would definitely acquire some musical hearing. I am totally tone deaf, and it kills me. I am one of those people who always rememebers all the songs' words better than anyone else, but is keenly aware of the torture she inflicts on others when singing along (not that it ever stopped me .;) )

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
NO! Have you seen the procedures that they show on television? The ones where they are flipping people's entire faces around with a butter knife! AAGH! Plastic surgery isn't for me. But, I think it is a blessing for many people. Especially those that have been injured in accidents or are born with defects.

skatepixie

On the Ice
Excuse me, but i am the same high and endowment I was at 13...

I plan on having an eye lift (My brows are set too low) and breast reduction if taking of weight wouldnt make them leave. I also intend to have lazer work to fix 2 chicken pox scars on my forehead and stretch marks.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
skatepixie,
I think breast reduction is one of the most justified forms of plastic surgery. I know someone is is considering it. Besides the risk of back problems, she doesn't like the attention her DD's bring.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
As a general rule, I would be opposed to most plastic surgery. BUT, I agree about the bust reduction. Also, the eyelids if they are so bad you have trouble seeing. If it weren't for money I would probably do the eyelids except with all these auto-
immune diseases I have it might get too complicated to risk it.
I would probably agree if someone had a big brown mark on their face, etc. I don't get it with the tatoos either. What a waste of money. So, there are times I would agree, but mostly not.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
My 80 year old mother had a face lift two years ago........she had stitches all around her face, the full 360 degrees. The surgery took eleven hours......she had her eyelids tightened, the bags under her eyes removed, her cheeks tightened, the wrinkles around her mouth and eyes smoothed and her neck tightened. She plopped down 25 thousand cash without batting an eye (no pun intended)........now she wants a nose job. I have to say she looks fantastic, but seeing what she went through, no way.....42

heyang

Record Breaker
I don't think I'd actually do it, but if someone said I had to pick something, I'd choose some liposuction in my stomach, butt and thigh areas.

Don't get the tattoo thing either. Sometimes something small and discrete can be cool, but really don't get those big obstrusive ones. And the people that get them all over their bodies. It can be nice when the body is all muscle and taut, but does the tattoo get wrinkly and saggy with age, too. Don't the colors fade too.

Also, don't understand all the piercings. I just have the basic one piercing in each ear. I can understand belly buttons when stomach is nice and flat and you want to wear something midrift revealing, but I'd be worried about getting it snagged on anything. Also, what's with tongue, eyebrow, nipple and other nether region piercings. I've heard that some have to do with sexual enhancement, but 'Ouch'.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
20 years ago I would have said no way to plastic surgery, but now at 40+ I would like to have the bags under my eyes removed. Three years ago I finally did something about my terrible teeth (too many for my small mouth). Had 8 teeth pulled and almost three years of braces. The end result was a more attractive mouth and teeth. It also helped with a jaw problem I was having.

heyang-I totally agree with you about the body piercings-ouch!

icenut84

Final Flight
I'd be terrified of actually doing it because of all the horror stories you read and see on TV etc, the fact that once it's done you can't change it if it's wrong (can't go back to normal), and the cost. But if I was to have something done, I'd get a breast enlargement. I know a lot of people look down on people who get boob jobs, but it's something that can really knock your confidence and self-esteem.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I have a friend who's daughter has the Rolling Stones logo tattooed about two inches to the right and an inch down from her navel. She had a baby last year . As her belly grew so so did Mick's lips and tongue! After givng birth, during those first few frustrating weeks of "jelly belly" she joked that she was going to have to get collagen injections for Mick's lips.

Piel

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Kara Bear:

For health benefits I have seriously looked into having breast reduction surgery.

I was actually slated for the surgery but chickened out at the last minute. I am entitled to the surgery through my BC medical coverage - because it does cause me back problems.

However, like I say I changed my mind at the last moment due to nerves. I still would like to have the surgery done. It's not getting any better. I often "cringe" when women say they want to be larger! Why for heaven's sake? I would gladly trade with them.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I just could never understand the wanting of larger breasts. I never had huge ones and my very early years, before babies, they were quite small. I remember when I was little this lady kept telling me I would get breasts and I kept telling her I wasn't going to have those things. She said what are you going to do when you get them. I said I'll cut them off.
:laugh:

skatepixie

On the Ice
Im only a large C, most likely it will go away with weight loss...

I can see most of the time...they do get in my way sometimes. Mostly its that I hate how it looks.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Would I consider plastic surgery? You betcha. Will I have it? Probably not. Cost is a big problem. I suppose I could make a health case for fixing my nose - that deviated septum interferes with breathing. But probably not enough for ins to pony up.

If I could afford it and had no other health issues to worry about, I'd go for the nose and a tummy tuck 'cuz even losing weight won't get rid of that excess skin I've acquired over the years. You can just not look at the stretch marks, but the excess skin makes clothes fit badly and make exercise uncomfortable and leads to skin infections. For all that, I think I might put up with the pain and recovery time. Now, about that $$$$$.....

I don't care so much about looking like a college kid again, I just want my body to feel like one.
R(creak)girl

blurrysarah

On the Ice
I recently had braces put on (at age 17), because I was always too conscious of the fact that my bottom teeth had a very large gap in the front. The rest of my teeth were passable (although my orthdontist picked up a few other things, my lower jaw needs to be pulled forward, front teeth moved back). To me the procedure was mainly cosmetic and I'm overjoyed with the way my teeth are looking so far.
The only other cosmetic procedure I've wanted was a nose job. My lower nose is a bit bulbous, but eh, surgery scares me :eek:

Seonaid920

On the Ice
sure, why not - I would have little things done as I age - like getting rid of some wrinkles -Nothing major to make me look different but just enough to keep me looking the same for as long as possible!!!