Speaking of plastic surgery...if you could, would you? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Speaking of plastic surgery...if you could, would you?

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I had a shnoz job about 15 years ago, and it was one of the most wonderful things that I have ever done for myself! I grew up with a huge nose--I just hated it. Not a day goes by that I don't look in the mirror and bless the fact that plastic surgery exists. It made me a lot more confident in myself and in my appearance. So many people tried to talk me out of it over the years--luckily I ignored them. If plastic surgery makes you feel better about yourself and some part of your body that truly bugs you, I'm all for it. There are many other things about myself I would change but there's nothing that I've GOT to change to feel good about myself. The nose thing, on the other hand, was something that I simply could not live with. :)

RG#1,
Great report from somebody who's been there. Despite my wish for a "best of all possible worlds" where looks were not so important, reality is reality. Studies show that looks do indeed make a difference in the amount of money one makes, self-confidence, and in many aspects of life. I had very large gaps between my teeth--all my teeth--as a kid and braces solved that. I think if I had my old teeth, I'd hate them, although ironically I've often been attracted to people with the unusual teeth they were born with. (Analyze that! lol!) My mother had a large gap between her front teeth and got caps when our family could afford it. In the pre-cap photos of her, she's never smiling. At most you get a lips-together partial smile. After the caps, we got to see her big, beautiful smile all the time and though we never talked about it (I was very young), I'm sure the caps made her more confident. So glad cosmetic surgery did for you what it is supposed to do. Mooooo!
RG#2

Antilles

Medalist
I've had such bad luck with doctors, I don't even like necessary surgery-so no. What I would love to have fixed is my eyes. Not the look of them, but my eyesight. It would be nice to not have to wear contacts. But with my luck, something would go horribly wrong.

A couple of people have mentiond piercings. I had a nose ring for four years. Getting it done hurt a lot less than getting my ear's pierced. My firned has a nipple ring (which I would never do), and she also said that it didn't really hurt. Ears hurt more.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
What I would love to have fixed is my eyes. Not the look of them, but my eyesight. It would be nice to not have to wear contacts.

I can understand that feeling! My eyes are bad, -7.5. For those who have good vision, I cannot begin to describe how much it sucks to have crappy eyesight.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
i think Dorothy H has bad eyesight too. I remember them saying something about it around the time she won the OGM.